ForumsSupport ForumTake Lessons from Facebook.

25 3654
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Unless you live in a cave in the middle of nowhere you will probably have facebook or at least be aware of its existence. I think making the profiles for armor games more like it making it easier and better for the users to operate. This encompasses all manner of ideas. I think there should be photos allowed on profile pages. I think this could be kl. It wouldnt replace armatars but it would only be visible for friends to see so you wouldnt get random people pervin on pics. There should also be friend requests. So u dont get people adding u withoutt knowledge and it would also making friends easier. There should also be status like on facebook as it gives more strucure to the about section and i think its kl. I dont want ag to just copy it cos it should remain different to a social networking site but i think we could take the good bits from it that would work on here. Wot do u think.

• 25 Replies
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

I like the friend request idea but that is it. This site it not suposed to be as socail as facebook or myspace. In fact it is encouraged that if you are not talking in the forums, you should chat over MSN or AIM. You do not have to but it does help a lot.

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

I have heard of it. Old members of Armor Games knows that Armor Games is associated with FaceBook and MySpace now. Don't like MySpace though. Never did and never will. Face Book is decent though.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

We've gone through ideas many times similar to things facebook or myspace has and I don't think a lot of people get the point that AG is trying to stay away from looking like facebook. This is a gaming site not a social networking site. They don't want to be like facebook in any way or sense. At all. Period.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

If you want, this is what I normally do. Instead of posting goals/clans/rankings/friends/emblems/track codes... you can always just type something more personal. I sometimes post music lyrics, a little about me (ok not me but others do), poems, short stories, or ideas in my about.

Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

Facebook is nice, but Myspace is not very good!! AG does have a few accounts on Face and MySpace though.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

If you lot had actually bothered reading the original post i sed only take certain aspects of it to ensure it stays unique from facebook but i think some of the things that work on there could work well on here without compromising its identity.

scarblade619
scarblade619
198 posts
Nomad

Hmm , I had the same idea , I support you with this idea and I think the AG staff should look into these ideas , it would greatly benifit the site to attract more users to make accounts

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

I think many of this suggestions would take a long while to code and seem highly unnecessary. Well, mainly the photos and friend requests -- I don't know why people have this obesssion with posting their own pictures up. See the problem with that is people may put inappropriate pictures and the moderators can't police all 130,000+ members.

Does it really matter who adds you on AG? I'm sure lots of people are friends with some of the moderators and adminstration, but none of those people have added them back. And if you do see some random stranger that has added you on their profile, simply ask them to remove you from their friend's list. Right?

I do support your idea of having the Status bar. I mean, sure you can add your status to your profile whenever, but with a status bar at the top, it's very quick to do and convenient! So, you could have "Gone for the night", "Gone out", etc. that way you can inform friends on AG that you won't be on for a bit or whatever. Of course coding it to prevent swearing, etc. might be a bit difficult.

And like NoName wrote -- if you want to add personality to your profile, add bits of information regarding yourself, post what kind music you like, etc.

Just remember "This isn't a social networking site, it's AG"

mvpguy22
mvpguy22
304 posts
Peasant

Like NoNameC68 said, this isn't a social networking site. This site is for playing games and talking to other gamers on Armor Games. The friend request is a good idea, but otherwise we will just have people come here to chat and not play games. Games are the core of Armor Games, that's why it's in the title.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

I like this suggestion AG has a Community now, this isn't making AG a social site, its adding features to make socializing here easier.
Sure AG is a gaming site and always will be but this isn't ruining the site or turning it into FaceBook its just taking a few features. I think its possible(and a good idea) to have a social gaming community and that exactly what AG would be if this were implemented.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I'm not sure if they would implement something like this,because they want the site to be unique,but I agree that a social gaming site is pretty much what the site already is.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure if they would implement something like this,because they want the site to be unique,but I agree that a social gaming site is pretty much what the site already is.

Exactly! The second AG added this forum(or the profile system) AG became what people here call a social site, and what I call a community. We can't exactly be unique either because there is some many sites on web, anything we add to this site is copying one of them.
scarblade619
scarblade619
198 posts
Nomad

Basically , I understand Inthezone's comment however , its just that it would be nice if gamers could communicate better with each other , we are not trying to make it a chat site or anything , its just that adding a little personality would be good and maybe modernizing the site a bit would be nice , of course if it's possible , if it's to hard then , well just let it remain a dream =p

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

Basically , I understand Inthezone's comment however , its just that it would be nice if gamers could communicate better with each other , we are not trying to make it a chat site or anything , its just that adding a little personality would be good and maybe modernizing the site a bit would be nice , of course if it's possible , if it's to hard then , well just let it remain a dream =p

Nice post couldn't have put it better myself.
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

No I think AG should stay like it is I don't need another facebook I don't even really like facebook anyway so AG would alienate me if it turned to facebook.

Showing 1-15 of 25