ForumsArt, Music, and WritingResignation

37 7481
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Well, guys, just wanted to let everyone know that i will no longer be participating in the weekly gfx battles. It seems wrong for me to be competing in the competition i started. My aim in creating this competition wasn't so i could whoop everyone's butt and gain some points. It was never about points. It was about my love for art. Many of you have experience with photoshop and have called me out on the fact that it i exaggerate the length timing it took me to create them. This is true. I am a perfectionist. At any sign of an error, i just scratch the whole piece. But, i do have a tenancy to exaggerate the layers/effects that mumble jumble. So guys, now that that is over, let the battles continue! I may just sit back and watch. Might help Carlie judge since she has lots of administrative tasks to attend to ^_^ Sorry guys.

Should have done this a while ago.

• 37 Replies
woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I just read ur the GFX thread to find out what would make you want to quit from it. Just cos u started the thread doesnt mean u should quit cos somepeople said u were exaggerating. Who cares if people think its unfair, lifes unfair they should deal with it. Also ur row with Klaushouse was a proper minor. Dont let that get in the way of making art. Im sure most people would agree that it is of a very high standard and would enjoy seeing more in the future. I myself can barely use MS paint and Ive downloaded GIMP but cant get my head round it so hats off to you. You clearly have skills which would be wasted if u quit. I just think its a shame.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

You clearly have skills which would be wasted if u quit.

I am advertiser/moderator on another GFX site where i compete in weekly SOTW | LPOTM | ROTM

SOTW: Sig of the weel
LPOTM: Large piece of the month
ROTM: Render of the month

I can more than assure this will not stop my efforts in perusing a career in this field. Thanks for your concern though.
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Wow, Arax I thought you were really good at art and proud of it. Even though you are good you don't have to leave just so others could win. You could still enter some of the art battles. It doesn't mean you just have to drop out. :P

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

I can see your logic as to why you would want to quit but in another way as creater of the GFX thread you have a duty to compete to maintain the high standards. I just think it would be nice to see your work here on ag as you are clearly the best renderer here. You have inspired people to do art who didnt before. The GFX thread started all that and it was because of you. I downloaded GIMP and started playing around with MS cos of that thread. I still think u should compete.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I still think u should compete.

I give my 100% to that. Just because your too good doesn't mean you can't do it.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

If you really don't wanna compete, then at least keep showing us some of you're pics. You're a very talented renderer.
And ouch, perfectionist? I'm so glad I'm not one of those, everything would take me forever! XD

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Woody if he chooses not to do something anymore,then that's his choice.There is no point in trying to get him to go back into something once he has chosen to quit,unless it is important.Arax I don't know what has gotten into you lately,but if you want to quit then fine that just makes it easier for others in the competition.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Well there clearly is a point to get him to change his mind. So everyone can see his good artwork on the site.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well if he doesn't want to do something anymore I don't see the point in pressuring him,but fine.I can understand how you guys would like to see him continue with his submissions.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Im not pressuring him, just giving him a gentle nudge but w/e at the end of the day its his choice. I just think its a shame.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

well its not like he won't be submitting any new art to the site....I hope,but its just that he won't be destroying everyone at his competition anymore.I don't really see any issues with this,as far as I can see right as of now.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

You guys don't get it do you! Why do you think Strop and John would take time to compete? They have better things to do! They only did it so i would have a challenge. It just isn't fair to the members here. And frankly, it isn't fair to John and Strop. For them to take time off just to compete isn't right. Strop and John both know the reason they joined. Only because i was competing. It is fair, and it is my choice. I should have done this a while ago.

+, with my rules it is harder to work. Most GFX sites do not mind about total copyright issues. They are more lenient. I have learned to make art this way. I am glad that John has mention the copyright issues to me. I need to refrain from posting work on armor games that has copyrighted images in them. Buy posting my art here i am putting armor games at risk. It is all my decision here. I wasn't really meaning for this to be an argument or a big long drawn out discussion. There is no need to fell bad, it is "ME" removing myself. I am more than happy to stop. Frankly, competing took up a lot of my time. I will have more time to venture around the web now ^_^

Just now that this is my final decision and i am 100% happy with it. If anyone asks for artwork be made, i will most likely say no. I have to start watching what i make and breaking old habits. By competing i am just stepping on everyone's toes.

~Ciao!~

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

If you really don't wanna compete, then at least keep showing us some of you're pics. You're a very talented renderer.
And ouch, perfectionist? I'm so glad I'm not one of those, everything would take me forever! XD

Yes, i can render things. But i cannot post them here anymore. Not unless they are 100% mine. I can not put armor games at risk for a stupid habit that i have.

And yes, yesterday many were calling me out on the fact that i say i take a long time for my art. Well, newsflash, i actually do :\\ it really is annoying. Now you know why i never free hand draw. I am sure i will keep an updated photobucket or something posted on my profile. I am not a quitter, i just change my ways and try again.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Well then it is settled.Arax_Nisanu will most likely(nothings guaranteed)never compete in GFX Art Battles again.Well we just got a new great artist and we still have alot of good artists so I am OK with it.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Well, Arax, if you do something you become proud of, please do throw me a link to it on photobucket or whatever site, I would love to see it. This is only if you want to, of course, just letting you know I'm interested in your work. ^^

Showing 1-15 of 37