ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPeriodic Poetry Contest - Theme: Touch of Truth (Page 390, due Jan. 28)

3868 3752124
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

First, I will post the overall rules, and then I will post the specifics about this week.

Original rules, as stated by Ubertuna:

It must fit the week's theme.
It must be submitted by the deadline.
It cannot have inappropriate language in it.
It cannot be stolen (if you plagiarize, we will find you).

Also:

The poem must be created for this contest
A user cannot win two weeks in a row (though everyone is welcome to submit every week!)
Only one submission per user will be accepted

As we all know, the winner will recieve a merit, and their poem will be featured on the _Poetry_ page.

OK, on to this week's topic...Again, we are having a style instead of a theme. Also, this week we are having TWO WEEKS to do it, instead of the usual one. Why? Because this will be an EPIC poem. Or, rather, a parody of an epic poem. Generally, epic poetry is very long, and tells the serious story of a heroic figure. Well, this week, the epic figure is YOU! Write a long poem (I'll leave the definition of 'long' up to you, but give it a good go) about the heroic story of you! It can be silly, serious, whatever... just have fun with it. You have two weeks, so have a great time!
  • 3,868 Replies
Lynoth
Lynoth
509 posts
Nomad

Welcome back ubertuna.

Life is a meaningless dream
You can yell and you can scream
But no one ever hears your cries
No one brings light to the lies
You can bang your fists on the door
But there's nothing there, nothing more
God won't let you out of this prison
Until you doubt your own decisions
You shall trust in his mighty power
And to his figure you will cower

This is Armageddon

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Lynoth: There are some solid rhymes, but the meter doesn't have that full strength that it could have. It would make a fantastic song though.

orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

So does that mean it'll be judged by the end of the weekend?

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

As usual, all of us must spam Noname or Ubertuna's comments like a zombie horde of poetry writers demanding the judging to take place.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

Bwargh, it's 4 in the morning. I'm going to sleep. Will most likely judge sometime tomorrow.

orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

Really? Cool. This is the first time I've entered one of these competitions.

orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

They're not judged yet T.T

orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

NOOOOOO! They're still not judged!

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Hope ubertuna or Noname brought their shotties with them, cause there's going to be a few zombies at their doorsteps.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

That won't be enough, parsat! Alt will take control of the tank! (Be ready to attack the survivors!)
--------
Rawr! *rips chunk out of the ground* Judge NAO! *throws ground at tuna* Rawr! *sends noname flying across the room* Rawr! Judge NAO!!!

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Parsat takes control of the smoker.

*slashes tuna, reels in Noname with tongue*

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

hmmmmmm. . .we need a boomer. . .or we could hope one of them sets off a car alarm!

orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

RAAAAWR! *orion crashes C-103 Hercules into Ubertuna and Noname* RAAAWR! BRAINS!

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Orion! You're the hunter! Now go pounce on tuna while Parsat reels in noname with his tongue and I help Parsat beat 'em up! :3

orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

*Hijacks AH64-D Appache Longbow Attack Helicopter* RAWR! *prepares to blast ubertuna and noname*

Showing 811-825 of 3868