ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPeriodic Poetry Contest - Theme: Touch of Truth (Page 390, due Jan. 28)

3868 3752131
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

First, I will post the overall rules, and then I will post the specifics about this week.

Original rules, as stated by Ubertuna:

It must fit the week's theme.
It must be submitted by the deadline.
It cannot have inappropriate language in it.
It cannot be stolen (if you plagiarize, we will find you).

Also:

The poem must be created for this contest
A user cannot win two weeks in a row (though everyone is welcome to submit every week!)
Only one submission per user will be accepted

As we all know, the winner will recieve a merit, and their poem will be featured on the _Poetry_ page.

OK, on to this week's topic...Again, we are having a style instead of a theme. Also, this week we are having TWO WEEKS to do it, instead of the usual one. Why? Because this will be an EPIC poem. Or, rather, a parody of an epic poem. Generally, epic poetry is very long, and tells the serious story of a heroic figure. Well, this week, the epic figure is YOU! Write a long poem (I'll leave the definition of 'long' up to you, but give it a good go) about the heroic story of you! It can be silly, serious, whatever... just have fun with it. You have two weeks, so have a great time!
  • 3,868 Replies
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

JUDGE!! NAO! Or we'll kill Francis and Zoey! >:C

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

All we need is someone to barf on them and we'll have a whole set!

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Yep! Maybe someone'll eat bad curry or something. . .and then get infected! WENEEDBOOMERPLZ.

orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

I can make an "Elixer of Life". All you do is stick all of the condoments at a restraunt into one drink.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Your elixir seems a tad...corrosive. Could be a good agent for infection though!

orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

Ketchup plus mayonnaise. Would you puke after this? Oh, and you should see all the comments I left on Ubertuna's profile.

orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

...poetry contest still isn't judged...running out of patience...need judging...need judging...need judging...

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

when is the judjeing going to start?

orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

It's supposed to have been judged by now.

orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

I said IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE JUDGED BY NOW!

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

Please stop spamming this thread. I have been busy lately and have not had time to sit down and read through all of the entries thoroughly. I will have time to take care of the judging tomorrow. Until then, please just be patient.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Sowwy tuna. . .*hangs head low*
---------
I hereby declare all those eligible to judge the weekly poetry contest as the kings of either procrastinating or having a stuffed schedule.
/\\___/\\____/\\
| |
|____________|

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

You might want to tell us what the ASCII art is supposed to be.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

It's a crown fail

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

Hmmm, it so happens to be a few days over do, don't you think? Maybe the question pops up: "Do we need more judges?" or does it have to be the mass of AG population to fend for themselves? Users judging users doesn't sound too grand, so may I ask you when you believe that the Judging might occur? And in the mean time I guess we can write some UN-JUDGED JUST FOR FUN POETRY!
All rules apply and theme relevance is highly appreciated! FYI: This week is still Imagery!

No Greater Glory:

We stand here,
on mounded lands,
in tropical forests,
blood in hands.

But is it here?
that we call home...
the beloved family,
bitterly sewn

This own country,
which we fight for.
Is the only place