ForumsArt, Music, and WritingPeriodic Poetry Contest - Theme: Touch of Truth (Page 390, due Jan. 28)

3868 3752135
DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

First, I will post the overall rules, and then I will post the specifics about this week.

Original rules, as stated by Ubertuna:

It must fit the week's theme.
It must be submitted by the deadline.
It cannot have inappropriate language in it.
It cannot be stolen (if you plagiarize, we will find you).

Also:

The poem must be created for this contest
A user cannot win two weeks in a row (though everyone is welcome to submit every week!)
Only one submission per user will be accepted

As we all know, the winner will recieve a merit, and their poem will be featured on the _Poetry_ page.

OK, on to this week's topic...Again, we are having a style instead of a theme. Also, this week we are having TWO WEEKS to do it, instead of the usual one. Why? Because this will be an EPIC poem. Or, rather, a parody of an epic poem. Generally, epic poetry is very long, and tells the serious story of a heroic figure. Well, this week, the epic figure is YOU! Write a long poem (I'll leave the definition of 'long' up to you, but give it a good go) about the heroic story of you! It can be silly, serious, whatever... just have fun with it. You have two weeks, so have a great time!
  • 3,868 Replies
orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

Thd judging is officially 10 days late T.T

LufffiStudios
LufffiStudios
1,420 posts
Nomad

Besides, you never said who won. Alt is first, but he has no merit..

orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

I thought that Ubertuna was judging.

orion732
orion732
617 posts
Nomad

Besides, Cenere isn't a mod.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Besides, Cenere isn't a mod.

Thanks for pointing that out.
No, I just did what none of you others have been thinking about, collecting the entries, so they are easier to judge.
Which will make the judging faster.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Yeah guys, that wasn't judging. I thought this would have been addressed several days ago D: (Note that I've resigned from the position of judge and therefore will not be returning to judge any of the official events.) But I'll go poke our interim judge again with the sweetened pot. Thanks Cenere.

adrecka_33
adrecka_33
304 posts
Peasant

So are we judge-less? (Again)

? Why doesn't a regular person judge it then just have a mod. Give out the merit to the winner. Cause most people aren't busy just mods.

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

I wouldn't mind terribly if a user took over the judging, since we already have one helping to judge the art comps. I really just haven't had great quantities of time lately, and neither have the other mods. So yeah, I'm going to let you decide amongst yourselves who should be the next art judge. If I feel that they can effectively perform the judge's duties, I'll O.K. the decision. Otherwise, I'll choose somebody else.

Jrmagic
Jrmagic
301 posts
Nomad

Is the deadline passed? Or can I still submit my entry?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Is the deadline passed? Or can I still submit my entry?

Submit away. The deadline is dead, and well, since there is no mods with time (the curse of having a real life, huh?), we can either sit and wait, or do something about it.
Anyway, yes, just submit.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Submit...and also choose a judge :P

adrecka_33
adrecka_33
304 posts
Peasant

So like what? We vote on who we think should do it, or nominate others? And just hope they want to?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Just see who wants to. I think it is the best for now, especially because being a judge is hard and tiring work.
And people will most likely disagree and all.
Of course, you could try and ask people is they want to.

Jrmagic
Jrmagic
301 posts
Nomad

This is based on imagery right? The first post can be disregarded?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

It is imagery, yes. I think the theme post is somewhere around 76-77, if I remember correctly.

Showing 856-870 of 3868