ForumsSupport ForumFinding lost threads...

20 3842
choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

Lately I have been having some problems... since armorgames has been so popular, threads are constantly made, and old threads are pushed back. The problem is that I am one of those people who are eager to find out what people have reacted to my thread... I can't find the thread. So I posted this thread for a suggestion. What if you can search for threads. You type up the name of your thread (or any other thread) and hit search. Then it pops up, with other related threads... what do you think?

• 20 Replies
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Actually AG had that thread search originally but it did not work properly. That is why they do not have the search bar for threads up. I beleive they are trying to fix it so that it will search everything correctly but it will take some time before they get it right.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

We used to have a "Community" search feature in addition to the games search but there were some serious problems with it. We have every intention of bringing it back once the problem(s) can be solved.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

It was not all that bad.

Actually you can ussually google the thread name and armorgames and you should be able to find your thread.

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the help
Well, I hope they do bring the forum search back, and the chat... not to bring chat back up again or anything but I miss that too.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Well actually Carlie taught me a cool little trick.

Just go to Google and type in the name of the thread and Armor Games, and it should appear as one of the first, if not the first, search results.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Thank you for pointing this out.
I also wanted to find my threads recently but i never couldn't.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

its.weird,actually, but type in your username to google and someones tracking you!!but back to topic, suggested many times found ONE solution but doesnt work so well..it goes something(not exactly) like this.

www.armorgames.com/search/community/*whatyoursearchingfor*

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

That's kind of creepy...

Does that URL work?

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

actually i dont know..i tried it before but i think that thread got deleted anyways..i will see.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

actually no it doesnt.(sorry)

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Hey, theone99, it also works this way.

http://armorgames.com/search/*searching item*/community

Remember to use the plus sign when writing multiple numbers...

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

hmm... that search thing doesn't seem to work very well at all. i think i'll just stick to googling threads.

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

actually it works..but it gives you about 100 things to choose from.

Lige
Lige
1,568 posts
Nomad

actually it works..but it gives you about 100 things to choose from.

It doesn't work near as well as google.
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

more,specific it will work google,..open up another tab wait for computer to load type it in press search and look a looonggg time for the right one..plus go to google and type your username in.

Showing 1-15 of 20