ForumsSupport ForumMessaging System(Especially for moderators and administrados)

69 7541
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Well i was wondering why can't we like message people so that way we won't have people spying on us.To keep our privacy safe.

• 69 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Why's it so hard to have that i think that can decrease the chance of spam everyday.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Why did the chat get taken away??

People could not use it responsibly, and we did not have enough control over how it was used. If people had been able to treat it well, we would have kept it. But people just kept abusing the tools.

The chat room is the same as a coment why cant you just make orivate masseges

No it isn't. And private messages would call for an entirely new system of messaging.
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

You underestimate my materly skills of espionage.

Then you talk to him, but I am pretty sure you will get the same answer ;-)
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I mean the chat room is also public Carlie.Anyone can see what's going on.

Roadripper
Roadripper
1,514 posts
Farmer

I think that Private messages would be really great! No?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I mean the chat room is also public Carlie.Anyone can see what's going on.

But it does not fit into the point scheme or anything the same way. It is completely different that normal comments.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Ok i understand.But why is it so hard or bad to have private messages

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Yeah thy would maybe even drop the spamming levels!

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

HEY,Carlie i have a good idea for these people! how about USING YOUR EMAIL??? thats why its there!

InTheZone
InTheZone
562 posts
Bard

I realize now private messages are a bit unnecessary since you could easily trade AIM, MSN or Yahoo id's and have a chat. Privacy is the least of your worries -- you're the web, the admins do their best to make sure you get the privacy needed to enjoy the site. Not to socialize and the sorts.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

But wouldn't be better man i mean think about it privacy is a big thing now in days.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

All I am saying is that this has been brought up with the staff many times. And I am sure they have very good reasons as to why they decided not to implement it. I don't know exactly what they are, but they don't turn something down without good reason.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Man i wish we had them.Why don't you try them like beta testing.If it helps we keep them if it gets worse we never ask again

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

But wouldn't be better man i mean think about it privacy is a big thing now in days.

Right... which is why people can talk on AIM, MSN, or email... why is is such a big leap to step away from the site with private things and bring it to an instant messenger program? I have done time many times with conversations that I wanted to be private. It really is not very hard.
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Mani guess you don't really care.

Showing 31-45 of 69