ForumsSupport Forumchanging username

68 7032
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

this has been brought up b4 but y not being able to change it once a month? this way if people make foolish changes they have to live with it for a month but at the same time being able to make smart changes to a name. only 3 characters should be able to be changed though so nothing is too dramatic of a change...wat do u think?

• 68 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

But really, what if you came up with a better username? Restart your account?

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

... some people dont want to give up AP... i would like 6 dropped but its not THAT important...

and fine 1 letter change then! that better?

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

I wish there was like a points trading system.Only for you like a certain place where it said Want to make a new account but keep you hard work click here.That would be great!

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

What if you could transfer your points to a new account? But then there were no more points on the account that the points came from. S someone could make a new account with a better name, but keep the points.

And to answer your question to this proposal: I don't think anyone would give up there points for anyone else.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Transfer points? If that were to really happen, I would have over 30000 points right now because of all the side accounts I created.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

No i don't mean to give i mean to switch your points to a new accoun for yourself only.Wouldn't that be much better

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Okay, I can see people are trying to tell us that people can avoid bans that way, but seriously, can you be that near sighted?
1). Mods can probably keep track of name changes, they aren't robots or anything.
2). On the players profile, you could have something like:
MarkedTarget
Previously MarkedTarget6
3). If someone gets warned by a mod, or does something wrong, a mod could just ban them from name changing, so they can't get their new identity.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

how about THERE IS NO POINTS! if there were no AP then there would be a dramatic decrease in spammers and people can get straight to the point and stuff

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Face all the cons and you idea will looks stupid.

It doesn't look that stupid, but I couldn't shoot this idea down more. People pick their names for a reason, but sometimes they change their mind. So what? Its not like the e.d of the world
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

how about THERE IS NO POINTS! if there were no AP then there would be a dramatic decrease in spammers and people can get straight to the point and stuff

Now that is the first good news I've heard today.
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

im glad u agree with me firetail!

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Jaja yeah the good days where when no one fought over a thing
How do you make the line then the italics to refer to a frequent post

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

But what if they made it possible to delete your account and before that transfer them to a new account

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

I don't think transfer would be that good, because then there would just be more ghost accounts floating around, clogging up the population.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

MarkedTarget6

Well, I fretted over it quite a while ago with friends.

Showing 16-30 of 68