ForumsSupport Forumchanging username

68 7036
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

this has been brought up b4 but y not being able to change it once a month? this way if people make foolish changes they have to live with it for a month but at the same time being able to make smart changes to a name. only 3 characters should be able to be changed though so nothing is too dramatic of a change...wat do u think?

• 68 Replies
juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

ok ok let see what else we get

Caution_im_playing
Caution_im_playing
119 posts
Nomad

why do people want to change there username?

http://img001.picture2life.net/2088096/trtgfrf_medium2_highest.gif

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

Alot of people in the top 100 want a more sophisticated name, because they want to look better.

MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

Lock, or wait for reply?

sorry i was gone for night and i was talking to firetail
Moegreche
Moegreche
3,827 posts
Duke

It is not very typical (in fact I've never seen it) to be able to change your username without just creating another account. I know this is the case for any MMORPG I've played, so it's sort of become standard. If your username is that big of a deal, then spend time thinking about what you'd like it to be.
But being able to change a username - even just a few letters - would be an absolute nightmare for the moderators and for other users who can't remember who is who.

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

It is not very typical (in fact I've never seen it) to be able to change your username without just creating another account. I know this is the case for any MMORPG I've played, so it's sort of become standard. If your username is that big of a deal, then spend time thinking about what you'd like it to be.
But being able to change a username - even just a few letters - would be an absolute nightmare for the moderators and for other users who can't remember who is who.

Yeah i agree many people are going to constantly changing their name and AG only has about 12 moderators and would be impossible to keep track
MarkedTarget6
MarkedTarget6
1,699 posts
Peasant

well thats y i said only once a month... their shouldnt be THAT many ppl changing all in the same day if they can only change one letter right?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

There is no way to change your username, and there are no plans to be able to change it. People associate people with their initial screen names, so unless you change it in the very beginning, it could get very confusing. And there is no way to switch points between accounts, so if you start a new one, you cannot bring your points with you.

So my suggestion is pick a name that you really like!

Showing 61-68 of 68