ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4305245
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

*shudder* i think that face cat thing is gonna give me nightmares of old ladies in bikinis and old men in banana suits... i shouldnt have clicked the link...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

*shudder* i think that face cat thing is gonna give me nightmares of old ladies in bikinis and old men in banana suits... i shouldn't have clicked the link...

If you think that is bad, then I hope you have not seen old Greg yet...if not then don't watch...if you have I would suggest you not watch it again.
Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Awww, crimson! Me thankiez you so much! =D

xtiamotx
xtiamotx
74 posts
Nomad

I somehow managed (even though being exhausted and zombie like) to make an entry for this week's competition. When it comes to 'shiny' all I could think of was a flashlight in the dark.

Here you go!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/xtiamotx/Art/shine.jpg

ubertuna
ubertuna
2,120 posts
Shepherd

If you think that is bad, then I hope you have not seen old Greg yet...if not then don't watch...if you have I would suggest you not watch it again.

Don't listen to his lies...

Also, you just gave me a new idea for a submission
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

NO. BAD UBERTUNA D:

YOU SHALL NOT SUBMIT THAT SCENE TO THIS CONTEST!

JUST NO!

Okay, that's my weekly all CAPS post.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Okay, that's my weekly all CAPS post.

God forbid that you do it in a topic title, then you'd be making yourself cry. Wanna know what that'd mean? You'd both be a kitty (for lack of a better word that I would be banned for), and you'd be an emo!
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Also, you just gave me a new idea for a submission

oh dear god that goes beyond trying to get the dishonorable mention if you do that. I beg of you if your planning to draw what I think you are then I will just say please NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

That is all.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Hm. Nope, thoad, your post made no sense to me whatsoever!

jaza_m
jaza_m
1,356 posts
Nomad

Seeing as this is an art comp maybe i could use ivot if not il make a comic thing htne ^ ^

LufffiStudios
LufffiStudios
1,420 posts
Nomad

http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww246/LufffiStudios/Star.jpg

My entry. You like?

LufffiStudios
LufffiStudios
1,420 posts
Nomad

You know, it took longer than I expected because for some reason the smudge was malfunctioning and every other minute it would make a straight smudge streak down the piece and I had to correct it.

thiswontwork
thiswontwork
127 posts
Nomad

Ahh finally it's done! My first Gimp drawing i've ever done!
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/8918/omgtheshinynessbythiswo.jpg

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Ohhh! A black thing and a rainbow.

*gives thiswontwork an award for being random*

thiswontwork
thiswontwork
127 posts
Nomad

AHH a black thing =( SHould be a pot with gold lol.

Showing 4171-4185 of 6854