ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4255751
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
thiswontwork
thiswontwork
127 posts
Nomad

I knew it to much shiny...

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Did you draw the pot of gold? If so, it looks really good, rather smooth.

thiswontwork
thiswontwork
127 posts
Nomad

Of course. It's pretty easy..
Just a black circle with an oval one on the top.
Two black dots on each side where the oval transforms to the circle.
After that the smeared white line..
On top of the oval some yellow/gold circles as coins. Sparkle effect.
The hardest part was the rainbow.
I hope you now believe me that I did all by myself..
I'm not a copycat.
I personally don't like the white lines at the edges of the pot. But well, it's the first time i draw something like that.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I am not saying you are a copycat, I just wondered about the affinity with clipart the post had. Mainly because of the white lines, while the rainbows didn't have them.
Anyway, a good suggestion would be to draw it on another layer, so it will not act like that when you make the background. Also, it would have been better if the background was not black as well.

thiswontwork
thiswontwork
127 posts
Nomad

Thanks for the layer tip. Didn't know that.
I tried to colour the background white but when i did that the sparkle effect wouldn't show.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Pots of gold are usually found underground, so dark brown will be more appropriate.
You should make a subtle texture on the background then, maybe put up some shadows on the coin (if you get bold), and fix up the rainbow a little, because it might need it.

thiswontwork
thiswontwork
127 posts
Nomad

The dark brown idea is good. But actually I wanted to refer to to the gold pot myth.
You know, the myth which says that at the end of a rainbow there is a pot full of gold.
I tried to brush some darker yellow on the coins so it looks better but well, not my best. Should i replace the dark yello with black?
And for the rainbow, what should i fix? The black lines which sepearte the colours?
Or the sparkle effect?
I know it looks kinda bad but I don't know what to do about it.
Oh, thanks for your tips. I really appreciate it.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I know, but those posts seem to be underground. I do understand the myth and all, though.
Make the dark yellow darker, but never black.
And the lines that makes out the rainbow lines should be a solid colour... Uhm, yeah.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Beware of the magpie spirit!
I present for you... Kra. Another of my characters.
Who likes shiny stuff.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/kra.jpg

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Ooooooooooooh, I like that, Cen. Also, do you have any other new characters? Introduce new chars and moar bout Kra nao :3
-------
This post officially makes me an AMW regular!

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Also, do you have any other new characters? Introduce new chars and moar bout Kra nao :3

Kra is rather old, actually. My newest characters are Cen and Lyra, actually...
And for other characters, well I am going through them all in the "Getting to know" thread atm, though I should probably continue.

But thank you.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

My newest characters are Cen and Lyra

:O
--------
But thank you.

Quite welcome.
thiswontwork
thiswontwork
127 posts
Nomad

There goes my 10% chance to win...

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

There goes my 10% chance to win...

I am a judge, no matter how much I try, I will never be able to win. At all. The moderator round showed it quite well > >

:O

Which means it is about half a year since I last time created a character.
thiswontwork
thiswontwork
127 posts
Nomad

Hello again!
Qucik question: How long will the judging take?
I want to draw something new..

Showing 4186-4200 of 6854