ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4535422
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I'm not saying it's the only reason, I'm just sorta convinced that you enjoy the fact that it works that way.

Half the fun is in naming it. The largest group of entries are named directly after the theme. The second largest group are named directly after the what's in the picture.

purple.jpg
PurpleEntry.gif
injected.gif
PurpleInjection.jpg
injection.png
functional.jpg

Functional? What the heck? (I made up the file names but I'm pretty sure a couple of those are actual file names or close.) At least I didn't go with an idea codenamed barmey.

Also, it is not just random.

The Purple Injection has to be the worst Danish indie band I've never heard (of).
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

The Purple Injection has to be the worst Danish indie band I've never heard (of).
I did not know there was such a band. But lol.
Actually I think yours might be closer to what I referenced it to than most others. I'm not sure, though, since I never know how you think your entries.

Half the fun is in naming it. The largest group of entries are named directly after the theme. The second largest group are named directly after the what's in the picture
I always like seeing the more creative filenames~

Functional? What the heck? (I made up the file names but I'm pretty sure a couple of those are actual file names or close.) At least I didn't go with an idea codenamed barmey.
Lulz~

*wonders if Cen will rejoin judging ranks this week*
LufffiStudios
LufffiStudios
1,420 posts
Nomad

I seriously think Cenere should win again..it may not be very colorful, but that's the point..-.-

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

*wonders if Cen will rejoin judging ranks this week*

*points at portfolio assignments, makes a choking sound*

I seriously think Cenere should win again..it may not be very colorful, but that's the point..-.-

But it us fugly! And not very creative... On the other hand I never win with the drawings I feel just a little proud of... But this one is really on the limit... Good thing I cannot win, I think.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Here's my image.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6093/purpletrippy.png

I fear it may be too large though, so here's the link:

MSPaint+Touchpad ftw.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Okay, I just went through this thread.

JereN: AUGH WTF ROFL. I *am* smexy in that outfit!

Gantic: if that line were going backwards I'd call it a classic Wolff-Parkinson-White.

Okay, Zophia, your theme is awesome. I MUST PARTICIPATE

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,989 posts
Grand Duke

Seeing that I'm absolutely useless at Art...Much less something abstract...I won't enter this time.

But language ahh....Love to dabble in that.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

A purple injection zoomed in.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5694/purplepower.png

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,989 posts
Grand Duke

Typical Zeganess...All in all a good picture for your standards *ahem*.

Though art is always so subjective, people migh actually reckon it's the best.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs43/f/2009/148/3/e/Telling_Mother_Luna_by_Caelann.jpg
Let me try this instead.
My "FU theme!" entry.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I did not know there was such a band. But lol.

There isn't. :P
JereN
JereN
189 posts
Peasant

LOL...good one :P
Pois0nArr0w
Pois0nArr0w
2,053 posts
Nomad

Just curious, are we gonna keep making this thread bigger and keep adding more pages to it, or are we going to start a new thread?

Nope! It just keeps on going and going and going...
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Technically there might be.

Okay, Zophia, your theme is awesome. I MUST PARTICIPATE
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Picture32.png
brooke_1997
brooke_1997
545 posts
Nomad

Hmm.. I might enter in for this one.. But it might not turn out soo good.. Im not good at drawing.. A bit good. o.O hmm.. Atcully i am going to enter in for this one but there is only about 3 days left :O Oh well.. ill get to work right now.

Showing 4816-4830 of 6854