ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4511431
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
brooke_1997
brooke_1997
545 posts
Nomad

This is my official entry :

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt304/brooke-br/CCI05292009_00002.jpg

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Mwahahahahaaa!! Nontry, but I had to!

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/Ihavetoolittletimetodothis.jpg

I be bad doing this...

brenda_1997
brenda_1997
831 posts
Nomad

Brooke, it looks better coloured good job. My official entry was my coloured one if I didnt mention it. But I know it sucks.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

That entry is frikken awesome

Nontry:P
And that vein on the side of the arm is annoying the hell out of me - -
Need to fix it!!
brooke_1997
brooke_1997
545 posts
Nomad

Nice brooke.

Thanks xP Its pretty bad tho..

Brooke, it looks better coloured good job. My official entry was my coloured one if I didnt mention it. But I know it sucks

Yours is also good brenda.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Done, not gonna repost, just go back and hard refresh it, it should be looking better now.
(note to self: Stop correction mistakes in drawings with your touchpad alone!!)

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Monday at some point, at least, that is what the deadline says. Zophia is ... somewhere... atm, but I think she will be at an internet Monday.

brenda_1997
brenda_1997
831 posts
Nomad

Awwww Monday?! ... I have school that day.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Augh, I hope I can make it!

Teaser: I'm doing an entry which reflects a different interpretation of the theme, inspired by some of the stuff FireflyIV's been putting out.

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Teaser: I'm doing an entry which reflects a different interpretation of the theme, inspired by some of the stuff FireflyIV's been putting out.

Well, I'll be interested to see what you come up with. Out of interest, you talking about the stuff I've put in this thread or my old thread (which I kind of let die, but I'll revive in like a month or so btw).
phsycomonkey
phsycomonkey
789 posts
Nomad

I'm confused, but I'm still gonna draw something, wish me luck XD(you don't have to)

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

@ FireflyIV: The old thread. I'm trying to do a bit of street-art, but I suck at it :P

Still, I'm getting ever closer to what I want for one of my projects.

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

I lol'd.

It's all about practice. My one tip would be to remember the food chain:

Tags

Throw-ups

Pieces

Productions

It's pretty hard to do a good piece straight off the bat. Still, it's slightly different in that it's not on a wall.

Interested to see what comes of this.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

All I can say is that it's a whole different world when the airbrush/spraycan isn't involved!

Though I'd love to get into airbrushing at some point...digital media makes things a lot easier- once the basic prerequisite skills have been learnt it's a matter of design.

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

I wish I could be botherd to learn how to use digital art programmss, but to be frank I don't have the patience. Still, I'm a bit of a purist, so I'll never move from sketching/spraying/stenciling. There's a big divide in the graffiti community as to whether conventional artists trying to emulate graffiti pieces should be accepted into the community. As I've stopped bombing for the most part, I want to retain at least a bit of my graffiti rep by never moving onto other mediums.

Showing 4846-4860 of 6854