ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4311184
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

This is exactly what I am talking about. If they want to do it, let them do it.

Not what I meant, but it really does not matter now. I guess I was just trying to defend the trouble Cholo had when setting up the rules, and the trouble Zophia, Crimson and Deth had with writing about why people should vote for them, instead of people just coming up, saying they would like to be judge three days before the voting ends, and get the job.
Do not take this wrong, but I just... I guess I am just sad about this. Ignore me, find a way to do this without people killing each other, and I will keep out of it all. Not sarcasm or anything, just plain giving up.
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

To tell you the truth we only needed one other person to judge before having a single person officially become appointed judge,but it was actually yourself who decided that we would continue with a new judge every week.

No... if you look back I was actually against it. I thought from the beginning that we should have one moderator judge to do it. But everyone else wanted to switch it back and forth. Which I am alright with, as long as it can be run smoothly. Which I am questioning.

guess I was just trying to defend the trouble Cholo had when setting up the rules, and the trouble Zophia, Crimson and Deth had with writing about why people should vote for them, instead of people just coming up, saying they would like to be judge three days before the voting ends, and get the job.

And I think that they should be able to do it. Perhaps it would work better if we had some sort of 'application' process. Where people could write in and say why they wanted to judge, and one can be chosen each week. That way, people still have to put effort into wanting to judge.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

This is exactly what I am talking about. If they want to do it, let them do it. There really is no issue here. Just set up a timeline. If they want to take part, put them on it and they get a turn to judge. Just put together a list of people who have shown interest in really wanting to do it, give it some sort of order, and let them judge. It really does not need to be an issue. Just take some initiative and get something together. That is only what I was trying to do.

hmm....I am not sure what you want exactly.You say having one person is best,all the while also saying that having anyone judge who wants to will cause no issues as well.I'm not really sure what exactly you are after here...I'm just going to try and stay out of this thread if I can for maybe an hour or two,if not the rest of the day.I need some time to......observe.
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

hmm....I am not sure what you want exactly.You say having one person is best,all the while also saying that having anyone judge who wants to will cause no issues as well.I'm not really sure what exactly you are after here...

What I was saying is that, I thought it would run the smoothest if just one person were directing it. But since most people want to have multiple judges, we can make it work that way too. There just has to be some sort of order and direction to it.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

@Carlie: Still not getting the meaning or how what you say is the same as what I do.

I am concerned about the efforts used to get selected as the official judge, and then just end up in the line between all the people who just randomly wanted.
The application is just making it as complicated as the voting have been so far, and there will just bee random people judging, who, unlike the nominees have not proven anything but their wish to vote.
But as it is, the people who want to be a judge for a week (nominees not included) can figure out what to do. I really stopped careing two posts ago.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

If only strop hadn't took that vacation...wait, he's back now, isn't he?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Thoad, do you think it would have been such a mess, so much work, if Strop was coming back to his spot as judge? He might be back on the site, but not as a judge.
Seemingly that is not a thing many knew.
If he was coming back, I would not have had a problem with any temporary judge, but as it is... was, we had yo pick a whole new one, not just a temp.

So official sticky for people to sign up? Or whatever.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

They can judge as well, I just wasn't aware that they wanted to. It just seemed like no one was making decisions in the matter so I just came in and made one. All of them can judge. This competition just needed some direction. You don't have to get upset about it, what I said does not have to be set in stone. If FM and Thoad want to judge as well, then by all means add them onto the schedule!
But Carlie... We were all done for. The secondary voting round is almost finished, and then we'd have a judge for good (or until they have to resign).
Now you've prolonged the process for a ridiculous length, and you're basically saying that everyone can get to be a judge. Which in theory is all fine, but put into action that doesn't leave any qualifications at all needed to be a judge... And you were the one who was originally very much against having a regular member as a judge.

Seriously, what you've proposed here seems more fit as a different art competition.

Sorry for the double post here, but I have some thoughts on this. It seems that every week there is some drama about who has to judge next, or a decision cannot be made in time to pick someone. The voting process takes too long and gets complicated.
Maybe it took too long, but have you even been around to see the system?
It was simple. A deadline for when people could sign up for it. A voting round. Three weeks of testing the potential judges (one full round for each to see how they do). And now the final voting.

It honestly looks like you have been too much away from this matter to actually know what is going on. There have only been a problem in continuing this thread the two times were people should go off and vote.

Just put together a list of people who have shown interest in really wanting to do it, give it some sort of order, and let them judge. It really does not need to be an issue. Just take some initiative and get something together. That is only what I was trying to do.
Qualifications...?
And by doing so you overruled what we've been trying to make work for the past month. Grand. We had the darn initiative, people just didn't care enough to vote much.

No... if you look back I was actually against it. I thought from the beginning that we should have one moderator judge to do it. But everyone else wanted to switch it back and forth. Which I am alright with, as long as it can be run smoothly. Which I am questioning.
No, Carlie. Not switch it back and forth. Have a vote on who gets to be permanent judge. That was the deal.

What I was saying is that, I thought it would run the smoothest if just one person were directing it. But since most people want to have multiple judges, we can make it work that way too. There just has to be some sort of order and direction to it.
How long have you been busy with your studies and not kept up with what have actually been going on here? Because you clearly haven't. I don't mean to sound mean, but you really do not sound like you know the details of what has been going on.
Not multiple judges. We're not trying to get multiple judges. We never were.
And you were the one messing with the order and direction...

Can we PLEASE just ignore the past few pages, let people get started on the theme Dungeons and Dragons, let the voting finish and let the newly elected judge take care of that round (since the voting finishes before the round will? PLEASE??
Because this is one fluffing mess, and it doesn't make sense. If Klaushouse or anyone else is not happy about who becomes the judge, then >:P you were not here when the sign-up was, you're too late. End of deal. Live with it.

The internet is not that serious business, but once a system has been made and is almost at completion, WHY MESS WITH IT?
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

CAN'T YOU SEE WE ARE TEARING OURSELVES APART?!

Anyways.

Now you've prolonged the process for a ridiculous length, and you're basically saying that everyone can get to be a judge.

I don't think that her list is meant to be exactly what happens THEN a voted judge comes. I think that is the fallback list in case everything in judging goes wrong. As in if you guys keep this going for another 2 weeks then we will know who is judging, if you settle it by Monday, then by all means the appointed judge can move on and do the judging!

Lets just stop picking Carlie apart, she's just answering the cries of the masses. People wanted multiple judges, she gave it, now she's getting attacked for listening. :'(
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

The theme was dungeons and dragons, correct?
http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr28/thoadthetoad/scan0008.jpg
You know how the News such as fox and all of them basically whacked off DnD saying that it was a way that kids could contact their dark lord and master to bring havoc upon the holy world entirely(Or was that the catholics....)?
This pic proves that it's true.
Heheh, this is a joke I thought of for the Art Skills Comp on the ArmorGames forums, oddly, I wasn't listening to any music, and I might revise it, but probably not. I noticed that (by the shoes) it looks like the kid is standing on the table, he was supposed to be Floating mid air, so yeah. The guy on the left is a long timer at DnD (thus he's calling them rookies, lol), and the one on the right is a newbie just like the guy in the middle.

may the farce be with you, satan too, he owes me 5 bucks.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Haha I thought that was the full picture and Power is cut off, so I was sitting here thinking "whats POL? is that a nerd term I don't know? OMG I AM A FAILURE!".

But yeah hopefully we can get some good satirical art in this, cause D&D is the victim of a lot of abuse. :P
I know it well.. >_> also played Baldur's Gate and BG 2, as well as everquest/wow/neverwinter nights 2... you can see where my shame is going. :P

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I don't think that her list is meant to be exactly what happens THEN a voted judge comes. I think that is the fallback list in case everything in judging goes wrong.
Hey, as such, it would work just fine. Yes. But that was NOT what she said! *shot*

Lets just stop picking Carlie apart, she's just answering the cries of the masses. People wanted multiple judges, she gave it, now she's getting attacked for listening. :'(
I'm not attacking anyone. I'm just being grumpy because I had a bad day and it didn't look like she knew enough about what was going on. If she did, it didn't show in her posts. At least not to me. Bleh.

Lol @ thoad's entry^^
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hey, as such, it would work just fine. Yes. But that was NOT what she said! *shot*

That actually was what I meant. It just seems like Klaus is the only one who understood what I was trying to say.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I second the fact of Thoad's entry being a Lolfest.

LoLThx. Notice I also put the LoLWhut Logo on the table.

Welcome to LoLWhut Inc., are you ready for the acid trip into HELL?!
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

That actually was what I meant. It just seems like Klaus is the only one who understood what I was trying to say.
Sorry then. Just didn't sound that way to me. Clearly not to Cen either. Maybe it's just 'cause English isn't our first language. Maybe just 'cause we both have had somewhat bad day. Maybe ... Either way... Then there's no problem, right? We can all be friends now?
*tired little curl in corner of thread* I hope...

Dungeons and Dragons... Hmm... *gets nommed on by a mindflayer*
Showing 2701-2715 of 6854