ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4287595
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I want the Monster Manual > >...

I have it! The latest in hardcover too! Give me a monster name and I'll look it up for ya.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Native Nergyl,

So in a way a secret language I wouldn't know how to read no matter how good I was?Well I guess thats good then...I hope.As for Cenere I don't quite get where that could have come from, but....OK.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I have it! The latest in hardcover too! Give me a monster name and I'll look it up for ya.

I hate it when I post something and then someone posts something before me that I don't see,but then afterwords I want to respond to it quickly so I end up being almost forced mentally to double post....I know possibly more then half of that may or may not have made sense to you guys,but anyways...

thoad look up this creature: The Sasquatch

is it in there?Just wondering...
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

@Thoad:
I WANT!!! You have black unicorn? Or blood hawk? The blood hawk is COOL!!

@Crimson:
I have a huge amount of thise sketches, with traveller!Kai > >... Yes, that is another version of Kai...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

hmm Cenere the reason I was wondering was because it had one of Zophia's creatures in it which let on to me believing that it somehow related to something in a thread of some sort or something of that sort,such as a reference(if you don't understand the reasoning behind that ,which I don't expect you to then I suggest you don't bother trying to) so thats why I made that comment.I thought you had already posted it somewhere on AG and couldn't figure out where it could possibly have come from.Thats all...oh except thoad I'm still wondering if that book has Sasquatch's in it.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I WANT!!! You have black unicorn? Or blood hawk? The blood hawk is COOL!!

Alright, might as well make the oath first.
*puts hand on cover*
Oh my dark lord and master bring the powers unto the so I may smite the humans with a power quick, and give me my dang five dollars back you cheapskate!
lol, I'll look up both of those for ya :P
*opens up Monster Manual III*
hmm, there a literal term for the black unicorn? Doesn't say "Black unicorn" in this manual XD.
Neither blood hawk....which Monster manual are ya looking for? lol
ooo, Dust Wight's are awesome!
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Ah, makes sense. Yazz seems like a good companion for Kai (depending on the setting and the version), and we have rp'd a lot since we met... three years, four years ago?

Oh, found another, but not gonna post it:P
Just Yazz commenting on Kai being a "stupid shine fanatic", after he accidently woke up a dragon they were stealing treasures from.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Might be the wrong version you have, Thoad :<
Unicorn; black
And pretty sure it is Blood Hawk, but might be Hawk; blood > >...

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

must be wrong version, darn shame. I was just starting to get into DnD, but like I said, I haven't found anyone to do it with atm. lol :P

Oh well, I love monsters anyways, and I really do like to make Bestiaries. They are really fun to make >

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

You should get the 1, 2 and 4 as well. And one of the older editions, because it is plain cool.

I am cracking myself up8D
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/dnd3.jpg
Natural 20 on Escape Artist Check

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/dnd2.jpg
No fantasy without an Ent. Or end?

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

lol you keep old sketches? No wai. I throw all mine aay...come to think of it, I throw all of my drawings away, the longest I've ever had a single drawing within 100 ft of me is maybe... 3 months.
Pathetic, idn't it? lol

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

But they are fun! to have around!! Just look at the top one! Exceptional succes on escaping!! The dramatic failure would be... FAIL.
I need to come up with something...

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Hey, I keep mine too, thoad. :P

Klaushouse... *responding to stuff on page 290* There'll always be misunderstandings, language barrier doesn't make it easier, but it's not the primary cause. The primary cause is text based communication. You can not hear the tone of voice things were intended to be written in, and thus half the meaning of some sentences disappear. I'm pretty sure this happened half a hundred times in that darn argument.

Alright, leaving that now, because we're never gonna settle things on a level were everyone happily agrees.

I wonder what I should draw for this theme... Oh wait... So obvious... Cenere, darn you. XD

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Huh?? WhatdidIdowhatdidIdo??! Hey, that request is not entry-material!!
Or... Did I miss something? Besides my bedtime?
Why do I want to make WoD-fanart instead of DnD-fanart > >...
Uh, Kai meets the Matrix XD *shot*

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Exceptional succes on escaping!! The dramatic failure would be... FAIL.

LOL! Have you heard about the critical fail/hit decks? We use it in the D&D game that I play in, and they are so awesome. I got a critical hit with an acid splash once, got to pull from the critical hit deck, and sent them to another dimension. Acid splash to another dimension... I love it! ^_^
Showing 2731-2745 of 6854