ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4294196
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Sorry then. Just didn't sound that way to me. Clearly not to Cen either. Maybe it's just 'cause English isn't our first language. Maybe just 'cause we both have had somewhat bad day. Maybe ... Either way... Then there's no problem, right? We can all be friends now?

Wait...

Sorry then. Just didn't sound that way to me. Clearly not to Cen either. Maybe it's just 'cause English isn't our first language. Maybe just 'cause we both have had somewhat bad day.

Zoom some more now.

Clearly not to Cen either. Maybe it's just 'cause English isn't our first language. Maybe just 'cause we both have had somewhat bad day.

MOAR!

Maybe it's just 'cause English isn't our first language.

And once again.

English isn't our first language.

There we go. If english isn't your first language then you should be very careful about reading things, cause I know I misinterpret things in french, even though I am still quite fluent in it. :S Causes sad times.

And I would also suggest, since you can acknowledge the fact that you are grumpy, to not come on AG if you are, cause that just never ends up good. =p
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

We can all be friends now?
*tired little curl in corner of thread* I hope...

*pets little anthro mazzelh in corner*
Meh, mistakes happen, lol :P
Bleh, I'm all tired :PPP
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Hmm English is my first language and I still misinterpreted what she was trying to say...or did I.I can't really tell,but either way I came up with a single idea for this round and will have to see if I can put it together before the end of the weekend...I guess it seems everyone who is running for judge was tired today in one way or another though....last week of build season.....anyways I will see what I can get done then.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Yes, I have to stomp in it, but Klaus mocking just... Not grumpy here, just regularly ill and feverish.

There we go. If english isn't your first language then you should be very careful about reading things

Well, sorry.
So, from the begining.

Next judge will be Kingryan, who will pick the next topic and due date once the current competition is over.

Which would be right after Klaus.

But the bottom line is that whoever wants to judge can judge. You guys just need to be able to take turns. I don't know if you even need the whole voting system. Just share the responsibility and pass it on to the next person when you are done.

Only thing I see with a slight openess about is the bolded part. Though, after reading the entire text, it implies that it will be a round for each person, not until the current judge gets tired.

Sorry for the double post here, but I have some thoughts on this. It seems that every week there is some drama about who has to judge next, or a decision cannot be made in time to pick someone.

There have actually only been "drama" last time we voted, which worked out, and this time, which worked out as well, when I picked the theme, and Klause voluntered as a guest judge.

The voting process takes too long and gets complicated. This is the sort of thing we were worried about when we opened judging up to whoever wanted to judge. If there is going to be a big thing about it each week to pick the new person, I think that we need to appoint one person. So you guys need to figure out a better way to make this work if you want to continue running it.

Almost done. We were trying. A better way would be... Letting Zophia run it, because she is a moderator with no time.

This is exactly what I am talking about. If they want to do it, let them do it. There really is no issue here. Just set up a timeline. If they want to take part, put them on it and they get a turn to judge. Just put together a list of people who have shown interest in really wanting to do it, give it some sort of order, and let them judge. It really does not need to be an issue. Just take some initiative and get something together. That is only what I was trying to do.

Again, it seem to imply that either the official is taking a round off, or there is a sign up list for being the next judge.
For the bolded part, you just did what I had done already, just including KR in the line.

And I think that they should be able to do it. Perhaps it would work better if we had some sort of 'application' process. Where people could write in and say why they wanted to judge, and one can be chosen each week. That way, people still have to put effort into wanting to judge.

Bolded: list of people?

What I was saying is that, I thought it would run the smoothest if just one person were directing it. But since most people want to have multiple judges, we can make it work that way too. There just has to be some sort of order and direction to it.

The multiple judges have never been brought up, it was nothing more than people just passing by after having paid no attention to the voting at all.

I really cannot find the place where it says that it should be "when there is no other judge". I find multiple places that imply we should make a list of people and take turns one week at the time.
I might not be "Good" at English, but even Crimson found what you said unreasonable, Carlie, and he is an American.
I am sorry if I cannot read secret English code speek, which seem to be the case here, but Klaus, really, if you want to hurt people more, try kicking them in the crouch.
Mocking people for "misinterprenting" because English is not their first language....

Okay, I am done now. Just delete it after reading, Carlie, but I guess this might explain the frustration felt by the rest of us.
I will apologize for this rant, and for sounding mean, sarcastic or whatever I sound like, I just found your post more or less unclear, if what Klaus said was the point you tried to get out.
I am not trying to be a mean little spoiled kid here, nor am I taking out my somewhat bad mood on you, and if it seemed so, I will apologize.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I think we're upsetting Carlie by this, but... I agree on that post. >_> I'm sorry she felt attacked, though.

Can we leave it now?

*pets little anthro mazzelh in corner*
*purrs*
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Yeah, just needed to get it out. I forgive Carlie (and hopes she forgive me for the trouble), though I am pretty sure I really do not like Klaus. But Carlie is okay.
I iz sowwy, Carlie! *big pwuppy eyes*

And... I just have to...
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/Dnd.jpg

Non-entry!
Pink hair is not intented. It was the scanner!!

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

*purrs*

now then
*pulls out cutlass*
havate ye!
Or however it's spelled
c'mon, bring it! I'll be waiting >
*walks away humming the tune saying it's a pirates life for me*

lol @ non-entry
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I might not be "Good" at English, but even Crimson found what you said unreasonable, Carlie, and he is an American.
I am sorry if I cannot read secret English code speek, which seem to be the case here, but Klaus, really, if you want to hurt people more, try kicking them in the crouch.
Mocking people for "misinterprenting" because English is not their first language....

I am english, and what Carlie said wasn't overly confusing I found. And I am not trying to hurt people here, that isn't my intention, you are reading it wrong. I am not joking when I say if your first language isn't english this causes problems and you need to read over and be careful. Because stuff like this breaks out. Another example is the fact that you just interpreted everything I said as harmful, which is farm from the meaning. I am merely trying to create an atmosphere where we don't have to argue about misunderstandings. And plain and simple if I am grumpy, I take a break from AG, because there is no point in coming here angry. I am sorry you have a fever and don't feel good Cenere, but when I feel like that I usually take an advil, and a break from AG for a few days and let yourself recuperate. Would do some good I am sure.
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I feel that post is going to be taken negatively also. Gosh this is never going to end is it. I am just trying to say that you need to be weary of how you interpret things. Take it from me, I have been living in boarding with people spanning from every corner in the world with all different levels of english spanning from horrible to exquisite, and I still encounter interpretation errors that cause useless scuffles all the time even with the ones who get better grades in english than me. Please don't all hate me. =/

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

[uh....]OK...so is everyone clear about everything now?I think this off topic...well maybe its a bit on topic since it pertains to the Art Skills Competition,but not really...I'm not sure but are we done with all of that.I would call it arguing,but I'm not even sure whether it can really be counted as that anymore.So anyways I'm going to stop talking about it and it looks like Zophia already wants all of us to do the same as well,so...yeah.[/uh....]

So then I will probably get to this project possibly tomorrow.It has been rare that a single project ever takes me more then one day to complete,because of the simplicity of the submissions typically,but I'm not going to make any promises on that(like I need to anyways) and besides that I like the "Non-Entry" of yours Cenere.Now for what I'm guessing will only be the "Official Entry" from you...you do plan on making one of those....right!?

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I am english

Tip Tip and Cheerio.
Or something.

Ik tuga oranta ilek chuganata. Orga insu ikta frek untrata.

Unk.
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

[quote] I am english

Tip Tip and Cheerio.
Or something.[/quote]

I mean Canadian with my first language as english.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Ik tuga oranta ilek chuganata. Orga insu ikta frek untrata.

I hate being poor at foreign languages....oh well seriously though what language is that anyways?
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I hate being poor at foreign languages....oh well seriously though what language is that anyways?

Native Nergyl, there's actually only a couple of words, since Nergyl either don't talk, or they use movements and actions :P lol.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

@Klaus:
It was the stair quote that annoyed me, because written like that, quotes and posts get a mocking tune.
I am fine now, after the huge butt rant. Not hating you, just still remembering the "attention wh**e" stuff from the fall.
So letting it fall back into the ground and stuff, and let us concentrate on the theme at hand, and the voting still going on, which seems to end up a draw...

@Crimson:
Old drawing I found and cropped, I will make a better entry before the deadline, hopefully.

I want the Monster Manual > >...

Showing 2716-2730 of 6854