ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4232243
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Uh, raptorexx, is that a puny d6 I saw your stick figure cast at the wyrm?

Wyrm casts "evil vortex" and crits you for 9999999999HP. Your party is obliterated. Would you like to reroll attributes or play again?

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

LOL Klaushouse, props for epic Dragonball Z reference.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Wyrm casts "evil vortex" and crits you for 9999999999HP. Your party is obliterated. Would you like to reroll attributes or play again?

*ThoadTheFreakin'Toad entered the game*
*throws kermit the frog as wyrm*
WITNESS THE POWER
*pwns wyrm*
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

LOL Klaushouse, props for epic Dragonball Z reference.

DBZ references are always epic mandatory.

WITNESS THE POWER

Although insanely scary in game, that part of the Krauser battle was easy. Just shoot his feet and his shield-arm will fly up and then you tear apart his face. First part where he uses a gun and jumps you randomly in buildings was shitty and scary though. The time limit is no good too.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Although insanely scary in game, that part of the Krauser battle was easy. Just shoot his feet and his shield-arm will fly up and then you tear apart his face. First part where he uses a gun and jumps you randomly in buildings was ****ty and scary though. The time limit is no good too.

I agree, I liked the transormation though, it's really awesome. That battle IS freakin' easy, and did you know that his one, true, and very SAD weakness, is the KNIFE. Basic knife, no joke. It'll kill him in about 5 hits. lol. The grenades and knifing was pretty freaky, alot of the time when I turned around (the first time around) I had been all like "HOLY CRAP WHERE'D YOU COME FROM!!!?!!??!!?".

Krauser is STILL my all time favorite RE4 badguy. Good guy? Luis Sera of course, I mean really, he get's impaled by Saddler's wang, what's not to love? rofl.

Favorite video game badguy? Weeeeeskeeer. Srsly, he's freakin' awesome! Sept in RE5 though, capcom's making him all anti-hero for the "salvation of the earth to kill all humans" bull crap. yeeaaah :P
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Basic knife, no joke. It'll kill him in about 5 hits. lol.

Haha, yeah I think my friend was telling me to do that. But I wanted the pleasure of shooting him in the face.

"HOLY CRAP WHERE'D YOU COME FROM!!!?!!??!!?".

Haha true. Favorite good guy in RE4? Probs goes to the chainsaw guy. He was awesome, and wore a good potato sac.

Favorite RE4 good guy? Either the weapons dealer or Luis. :P

Scariest part of the game?
When I am walking about as stupid Ashlee, before I know suits of armor can come alive, I finish stupid puzzle and I running to the door and a knight steps in. I literally screamed like a little girl. My friends will never let me live it down.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Haha true. Favorite good guy in RE4? Probs goes to the chainsaw guy. He was awesome, and wore a good potato sac.

he, is, AWESOME.
I like the bella sisters more though.
Oh god, a blade orgy of the three. gross.

yeah, the merchent is awesome, besides, he also blows up with the island, who doesn't love that? lol.

Scariest part? When I was in the sewers in the castle the first time, with all those invisibugs, creepy.
Or the part on the island where the flaming Ganado goes screaming at you cuz he was inside the oven. Freaky, amirite? lol.
the ashley part wasn't all that freaky, but I did go WOAH WHAT?! when the knights came to life, even though that was just SO predictable.
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

Yes. He is a n00b like me and has no speshal dices or knowledge of dices to defend the planet from any evil DnD monsters.
Besides I've never had the honour to see a 300-sided dice before so I wouldn't know what they really look like >_>
Or 900.
Or 3.000.
Or 1.000.000.
Or the Amorphous Dice of Unlimited Sides.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Uhh, Sorry, Maybe I should have looked at this better, But who is judging this round?

Kluashouse is currently judging this round....yeah.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

look through the thread and see for yourself.It may help more to see things for yourself then have someone explain them to you sometimes.He is from my understanding a guest judge or something like that until the voting is done on Monday in which he should be judging the entries.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Kluashouse is currently judging this round....yeah.

in such case I might just get into the top 3 again.
Srsly crimson, I now have that picture fking framed, it's a huge checkpoint for me, lol.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Srsly crimson, I now have that picture fking framed, it's a huge checkpoint for me, lol.

Hmm I don't think I acted this way when I got in the top 3 the first way,but your welcome I suppose and I guess I'm glad you are happy for getting to that point with your entries.
Of course everyone has different tastes in just about everything,so keep that in mind...(I'm not too sure where I'm going with this so I will leave you with that)
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

uhh, yay?

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee348/Cholokid34/dnd.jpg

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Hey kiddies, I thought I'd just pop in and be a wet blanket due to the theme.

[quote]

Yes. He is a n00b like me and has no speshal dices or knowledge of dices to defend the planet from any evil DnD monsters.[/quote] The Purple Worm isn't evil. It maintains neutrality on both alignment axis due to its intelligence and lack of therein. Anyway, a d6 isn't necessarily weak, as it could indicate a Fireball or Lightning Bolt which are good, basic, mid-level damage-dealers.

Here's the really wet blanket part: I hate to inform you Cen, but a Natural 20 does not necessarily indicate automatic success on a skill check of any type.

I may enter this round, but I doubt I have time.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Thank you for taking the internet way too seriously, Xzeno.

Showing 2791-2805 of 6854