ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4144358
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Thank you for taking the internet way too seriously, Xzeno.

CRITICAL HIT! C-c-c-c-combo breaker!
That's a wrap folks, take five.

Scariest part? When I was in the sewers in the castle the first time, with all those invisibugs, creepy.
Or the part on the island where the flaming Ganado goes screaming at you cuz he was inside the oven. Freaky, amirite? lol.

I think that dog animal thing was the worst for me. I was so scared.

the ashley part wasn't all that freaky, but I did go WOAH WHAT?! when the knights came to life, even though that was just SO predictable.

I was in such denial of the fact that I knew they would be coming that I thought it wasn't possible. :/
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Here's the really wet blanket part: I hate to inform you Cen, but a Natural 20 does not necessarily indicate automatic success on a skill check of any type.
Ah yes, the "no budge/natural 20" thingy with skill checks. Some GMs ignore that rule, though. I often budge my spot checks...

Besides I've never had the honour to see a 300-sided dice before so I wouldn't know what they really look like >_>
Wanna see!
And I still would REALLY love to own a d30.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Here's the really wet blanket part: I hate to inform you Cen, but a Natural 20 does not necessarily indicate automatic success on a skill check of any type.

I hate to inform you, Xzeno, but I have never actually played DnD, and no one has informed me about anything but that.
Just pretend it says "Critical succes" instead of natural 20, will you? Besides, those drawings are more than half a year old, so YOU ARE A LITTLE LATE!
I need more inspiration. And I need to do my homework.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Sorry, meant:
I really do not like you focus on nothing but mistakes and stuff that annoy you, since the drawing was made for laughs.
What you did is the same as telling a joke, and the only comment is "You pronounced the 'the' wrong." The joke is understandable anyway, is it not.
Besides, rubbing in my face that I have not played ever, though I really want to, well, I find it rude, but might of course just be me.
Sorry about the other comment.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

but might of course just be me.

Nope, wasn't just you. Was quite rude.
Such attitudes are not needed.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

The Purple Worm isn't evil. It maintains neutrality on both alignment axis due to its intelligence and lack of therein. Anyway, a d6 isn't necessarily weak, as it could indicate a Fireball or Lightning Bolt which are good, basic, mid-level damage-dealers.

O.o
I may enter this round, but I doubt I have time.

o.O
Whut!?
You had enough time to type up all that but not scribble some fairly fun looking doodle that refers to DnD? Whut?
LoLWhut?
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

CRITICAL HIT! C-c-c-c-combo breaker!

+++INCOMING+++
Pwnberry cloud incoming! En route aprox. 6 mins. BRACE YESELF.
I think that dog animal thing was the worst for me. I was so scared.

oh god yeah, in the garden of the castle too? I was all like, HOLY CRUDMONKEY WHERE ARE THEY!?!?!? When they started to come out of the bushes, makes ME wonder why leon didn't crap himself. rofl.
I was in such denial of the fact that I knew they would be coming that I thought it wasn't possible. :/

yeah srsly, I mean, it's the biggest cliche out there amirite? Also, did you know that if a plaga is exposed you can INSTANTLY kill it with a flash grenade? Funny huh? Their one true weakness is a FLASH GRENADE, that is also something that you would BARELY use in a situation, funny? amirite amirite?
Such attitudes are not needed.

Yeah, it harshes my art forum mellow, that's for sure.

Sorry for the dble post btw ^^;;;;
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

oh god yeah, in the garden of the castle too? I was all like, HOLY CRUDMONKEY WHERE ARE THEY!?!?!? When they started to come out of the bushes, makes ME wonder why leon didn't crap himself. rofl.

Because of how lame and scary they were, I think my mind just blocked them out. It's unbelievable how much scary stuff goes down in this game but I still went back to it. Like that midget's frigging minions, or when the minion turns into the huge guy.. or when Sanches or whatever that huge guys name is rips his torso off, or the first time those heads didn't just blow up, but turned into super gay tentacles!
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Because of how lame and scary they were, I think my mind just blocked them out. It's unbelievable how much scary stuff goes down in this game but I still went back to it. Like that midget's frigging minions, or when the minion turns into the huge guy.. or when Sanches or whatever that huge guys name is rips his torso off, or the first time those heads didn't just blow up, but turned into super gay tentacles!

lol, I thought they were pretty cool, not lame. It is odd how much freaky crap goes down yet you still go back and play it again?
Pwnberry cloud here
*hits Xzeno in the face*
*pwnd*
pwnberry cloud complete.
choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

OOOOOOOHHHHH! Great poetry everyone, can't wait to hear more from you all! Oh, but your words don't rhyme to well. Darn, not all poetry is supposed to rhyme you know?!

C'mon seriously, when are we gonna get crackin' down to business?

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Well I really can't not respond.

Thank you for taking the internet way too seriously, Xzeno.
No problem, I'll be here all week!

@ Cen: I'm sorry I have offended you. My intention was to point out the slight flaw in the piece, but as you stated, this does not detract from the overall (comic) value of it. I even find that your artwork manages to capture D&D better than had it been exactly as the rules dictate it should be. Additionally, as Zophia stated, many (if not most) DMs ignore this rule. At the end of the day, the fact that it did not follow the rules to the letter doesn't really matter, because the basic idea is still readily understanding by gamers and non-gamers alike. In short: I wasn't sayin', I was just sayin', y'know?

@ Klaushouse: I'm the type to apologize in earnest if I offend someone, mostly because I really am sorry. But at some point, I must stand up for my wrongdoings because they weren't wrongdoings at all. Pointing out flaws in things is not rude. (pointing out flaws in people is however quite rude.) If I have offended by doing so, I shall apologize not because I regret saying what I have, but because I regret offending.

Everyone is taking this 'way too seriously', as Strop so eloquently put it. Where no offense is intended, none should be taken. My innocent comment has sparked nearly a page of border-line flaming, most of which was directed at me. The man up to his neck in water is often the one screaming that he's the driest. Lighten up!

o.O
Whut!?
You had enough time to type up all that but not scribble some fairly fun looking doodle that refers to DnD? Whut?
LoLWhut?
I'm too lazy right now. But I would also rather submit something mildly inspired than whatever I would make if I just sat down with MS paint for ten minutes.

Pwnberry
What in Sam-he... oh, I get it! Pwnberry! That's hilarious!
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Xzeno, my main problem is that I am an artist. I put stuff up on the net for people to comment. Yes, you commented, but never the art. It was not critique, it was just, as said in my example, it was pushing all the attention to something I stated earlier, I hate to talk about.
Would be like I, instead of telling you, what you could have done better in a story, tell you that you used a wrong font.

Just that. Yes, I am easily offended, but it always has a reason. Oh well.

I still need to draw something!! *stares at homework*

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

why is it that as long as we are not getting constant entries this thread seems to always be bound to go off topic sometimes?....I have nothing else to say right now as I have no idea what you guys are currently talking about and have no recent entries to comment on so I shall leave it at that.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Okay....
DRAGON!!
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/D-D.jpg

Yup, more old art > >..

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Cenere you weren't exaggerating when you said you have tons of those were you?Well anyways thats an interesting one right there, now if only people would actually pay attention to signs that don't talk about Nazi zombies(If your wondering what I'm talking about click here) Seriously though I actually like it....I have nothing else to say again....

Showing 2806-2820 of 6854