ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4248996
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I can be quoted as saying "I am a banana" back in the Culture round

oh yeah I forgot I think thats in Cholokids book of odd quotes.Its a bit ironic that that was the theme I judged myself,yet I can barely remember anything that was said during that time period....
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

oh yeah I forgot I think thats in Cholokids book of odd quotes.Its a bit ironic that that was the theme I judged myself,yet I can barely remember anything that was said during that time period....

there was a culture theme?
lol, I'm just kidding, but ... I don't...have anything else to say.
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2522/spoonandportal2.jpg

I'm not that arty but I hope this is ok. The quote "the devil dwells within" is from Bill Bailey discusiing his use of an irregular interval for his doorbell.

It is a very special portal that turns spoons into light bulbs (yes that is supoosed to be a light bulb).

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

I started out with "oh, this is a Rejected reference but how the heck is Cholokid going to put in a banana from portals?" Really caught me by surprise!

Yay! ^^

@thoad

I don't know why... but I am totally in love with your entry! hahaha!
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

I don't know why... but I am totally in love with your entry! hahaha!

Yeah, I follow in the footsteps of my traditional art HERO, barfquestion. He can be found here which is where most of my insanity of the drawing comes from. He's like, my idol of all my traditional drawings, and if you look at his daily comic (and animations), you'll see just how crazy I can get. This kinda comes from his "species" as you might call it, called the barfquestions, they're little retarded stick figures that are cut and don't make any sense. They're awesome.
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Uhm, I think I just liked him getting poked in the back of the head with a spoon. haha ^^

ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I just noticed Gantic had said this

Who says it's not funny? (Dramatic) Irony is funny, but not as funny as the other stuff in the picture.

I was mainly saying that because I was referring to my own and Cholokids and I had forgotten at the time that you had posted your submission after me,so I tried to make a joke out of it,and...yeah.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

That submission just looks like an alien that has a spoon for a head that seems to be coming out of a portal in the ground(keep in mind ArmorHero that you have to have a portal and a spoon both related in the submission,for whatever reason they have for doing that,so if that is not the case then I hope you have a portal somewhere.......man this is a long note in parentheses)but besides that it looks like he is either watching T.V. or parking his space ship.One of those two probably.

ArmorHero
ArmorHero
332 posts
Nomad

No, the door is the portal and he is coming out of a crater... and I'm really not the straight forward type. So, they are related because the alien IS a spoon and there is a portal...

P.s: I despise the new random pair thing, really... it's very irritating!

choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

P.s: I despise the new random pair thing, really... it's very irritating!

Personally I agree with you and am hoping this will be the last time,as if it happens with the next theme,I might have to question whether or not to submit anything to it depending on the combo,but seriously you two.I know your a group of judges,but that doesn't mean you have to have a group as your theme.Now I realize the first one wasn't made by you guys so I shall give you a break for now on this,but I'm just saying please don't make the next theme a random combo like this.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

It's still amazing how the hell we managed to crank out at least 8 entries though, right?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Are you talking about this theme?If so then I didn't know we were already at 8.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

=/ My laziness is a curse atm!

Wtf spoons and portals?

My minis may invade, or may not, depends on the carrot supply tomorrow night, not really in the mood to come up with a way to display this pairing...I knew this thread was too smart for meh... =P

Showing 2986-3000 of 6854