ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4142252
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

Also, I went XDDD at your entry.

The &quotraise", though, is really just because I've already picked next weeks theme.

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

I don't get enough sleep, seriously. So suddenly I'm just not wake-able. I've slept at least twelve hours today...

I don't think I am able to sleep for 12 hours but I have done on odd oacassions once I slept 15 hours straight.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/kingryanv/blackness.jpg

This is my entry...I may change it...

Feedback would be nice...

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

What is it a stickman in the rain?Anyway its kinda cool but its a bit too goth.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Thread title change courtesy of yours truly :3

I'm onto you, Cenere!

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

You are a genius, Strop. Better than original title, though half the people won't get it! Mwahahahaaaa!!

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

I got it. The main person in the book is Raskolnikov. And I read the book.
Hmm... Judgement soon?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I got it. The main person in the book is Raskolnikov. And I read the book.

I have only read the first chapter. Then I bought the book. So now I am eating cerial for lunch..

Hmm... Judgement soon?

At noon AG time, if Zophia is awake at time. Or else I will prepare my comments, and then must figure out how to put it up and all that.
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

And yes, I am easily empressed by good authors.
And no, I have no money...

Lessee... Injoke with Strop, this theme might end as.

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

In 15 minutes Cen!

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

Cenere:

At noon AG time, if Zophia is awake at time.

Jet lag is a serious problem...

Cenere:
Or else I will prepare my comments, and then must figure out how to put it up and all that.

Good luck with that :3
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Fu... Darn! I am writing my homework now, and seeing that I though there was a -6 difference fra here to AG, it will be at 1pm... Sadly when House starts, but I probably have not time for that either.

And I probably just put up the winners, and then the comments and all that will have to wait.

Overall, all age groups (whether students or faculty)
exhibit a strong preference for reading from traditional
print on paper
rather than from a screen. This holds
even when the source document is only available
electronically. There is however a sharp break point:
students aged 21 or younger are very much more
comfortable with on-screen reading
than older
students, while still preferring print.

Next time I will torture you with what I am tortured with...
And seeing this, I seem to have been born too late.
Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

*yawns, poking at a headache*
Hmm, we'll type up th judging when I've found some breakfast, yeah? *wanders out (5:40 pm)*

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Its after noon bad bad Zophia =3 *slaps zophia* Anyway what on earth is Raskolnikov Flees?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Raskolnikov is the protagonist in Crime and Punishment. Fleeing is what he does in that little piece of text I chose for the theme.

No slapping her! She will just loose consciousness again, and then the judging will be delayed again!

Showing 3241-3255 of 6854