ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4234066
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Crimsonblade, I think Ogt2 is referring to Sasquatch pics, as they appear to be just about the only thing you post on these forums since you started.

Yeah but thats what I don't get,is I have been drawing the same character for months now,and before that all of my stuff was horrible back in the day when I first started.Also again Ogt2 ITS NOT CHEWBACCA!!!!
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

*looks at Gantic's entry*
That's really good, but it doesn't really fit into the theme. . .except for the fact that when I first saw that entry I said "wtf I can't draw that!"

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

To start with, replies:
Cen: Where are you?
Strop: Yeah, before you mentioned it, I was actually thinking of Sasquatch (that how you type it?) but without knowing it was him, I thought it was crimson. Awkward :S
kingryan: woah, woah, WOAH! Calm down dude! Where do you live? I might help you get one... Or give me your e-mail and I'll send you a link to Flash.
Gantic: Your entry=Epic+Unrevelant to theme+Very raster. I can deduce you made it in photoshop.
crimson: Okay, it's NOT CHEWBACCA. It's a wookie
thisisnot: I totally agree with you.
Ogt2: Let's hope this doesn't double-post...

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I don't really have a caption for my entry either....

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/kingryanv/squiggle_sm.jpg
*crosses fingers that bbcoding will work*

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

It did! Huzzah.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Wait I'm lost what is the topic know. THe weird stairs thing or WTF I can't draw this. There is alot I can't draw but what do I submit?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Cen: Where are you?

uhm, in my thread, posting scraps?
Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

uhm, in my thread, posting scraps?

Hum. Didn't see you lately :P

Wait I'm lost what is the topic know. THe weird stairs thing or WTF I can't draw this. There is alot I can't draw but what do I submit?

Okay, the newest theme is WTF I can't draw this! The stairs theme was last week. You must submit art. Cen, please give a full description to Pixie, or Pixie, just go at the beginning of the thread and look at what Carlie said.

Cen! I know a theme for next week!
Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Cen! I know a theme for next week!

They all seem to do.
Post it, we will take a look, and probably forget about it *honest gaze*

Hum. Didn't see you lately :P

Looking the wrong place, then.

What you submit, Pixie.. I something similar to the theme. And I have no responsibility for this one, so technically I am allowed to laugh loud and long at your miseries. I will refrain from doing that. In public.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

*is chocking self with english pendant*
I still think a rage theme would be pretty cool

anyways, I'm seeing how well I can do with this theme...I got an Idea but I'm having touble getting it on paper.

Ogt2
Ogt2
288 posts
Peasant

They all seem to do.

Theme for next week: Abstract or Repetition
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Nice entry Gantic...It looks like a face...Which program was that done in?

Artweaver. Does it look familiar to anyone? It should. I think.

but it doesn't really fit into the theme

+Unrevelant to theme

Deja vu?

All I need new is for someone to say they think they understand its relation to the theme.

Theme for next week: Abstract AND Repetition

fix'd

I think I won that one already?
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Okay, the newest theme is WTF I can't draw this! The stairs theme was last week

Yeah sorry I just didn't see it change from last week. Whoopsy doodles. Oh hell I give in...
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

[quote]but it doesn't really fit into the theme

+Unrevelant to theme

Deja vu?

All I need new is for someone to say they think they understand its relation to the theme.[/quote]I do. I'm not sure it's the relation you intended, but it definitely looks fitting for the theme.

Also, cool program. Haven't tried it, but it appears to be able to produce what looks like a blend between a Photoshop and a Corel Painter image.

[quote]heme for next week: Abstract AND Repetition

fix'd

I think I won that one already?[/quote]
XD That one would be served to you even more than a WTF is served to crimson~

I really wish I knew how your thought processes work, Gantic.

Yeah sorry I just didn't see it change from last week. Whoopsy doodles. Oh hell I give in...
You know, there's a reason why a page number is mentioned. For reference. SO you can go to that page and see what the new theme is.

I think too many people do not do that.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK so since I have a trip for Robotics for the rest of the week till probably Sunday(haven't looked at the itinerary in detail,either Sunday or Monday)so I'm going to have to get this done today.So...to work then!!!

Showing 3511-3525 of 6854