ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5490036
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Really nice expression.

That expression was one of the hardest things to create in the whole picture.I think I ended up having to recreate it more than 5 times before I got it right.The Crimson Sasquatch expression was the second hardest thing to create,although I still think it could have been better.Either way the reason why it was so difficult I guess is because I am not used to drawing her from the front view but typically from the side,and have never really been able to define what a front view of her face outside of a battle looks like.I am glad you guys like it though.
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

If this is a Family Guy reference then yes, I lol'd. Otherwise I'm not sure why I'm laughing haha.[quote]

Errrr.....No....nothing to do with Family Guy...it was actually referring to an internet lol...Peanut Butter Jelly Time....

Hmmm....nostalgia...I have an idea....damn...if only the beta site was still up...damn hackers...

KingRyan
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Lol kingryan, you failed with the coding XD

http://www.lafferty.ca/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/fail-24.jpg

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Yo ryan, the link got censored.
What were the ***?

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Lol...I failed!

That sucks....the link had F.a.G in it....and it censored it! That sucks!

PBJT

It seems it may have been in Family Guy...

kingryan

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Kingryan, the reason I remember it so well is because Brian does the PBJT dance to try and cheer Peter up. It caught me completely off-guard and I forget the rest of the episode because I spent several minutes rofl.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

pwaaarghhh I've been caught out. Multiple times!

* I did that kage bunshin joke as a multi-level pun for Art Contest round: "Your Name".

* Cenere drew Strop in colour and I said it was him doing a rasengan.

* That "mask under a mask" joke actually comes from Yakitate!! Japan. Not Naruto.

Interesting how this competition has become more and more aimed at Strop... I suppose that is a side effect of the way he judges?

If by that you mean 'I react more amusingly to people taking swipes at me' then maybe, but note that nobody ever won by taking a swipe at me >:3

...except you Zophia. And that was once.

yeah, your TOTALLY one for bestiality your freaky pony-anthro-kitty-man thing.

Okay, seriously. How does making vaguely homoerotic puns (like Parsat gets away with) make me somebody who's into bestiality? >_o What on earth are you on, Thoad? Hmm?
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

...except you Zophia. And that was once.
That's just 'cause I'm epic like that.

... :P

And thoad is on madness, what did you expect?
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/FishInTheSkySunInTheSea.jpg
Fits the Fish

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I think Thoad is closet but then again this is not the place for off-topic posts!

...carry on people, so far there's fst6, crimsonblade55 and gantic, at least that I recall...

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Cavewall.jpg
It has been too long since I last did one of those, I've lost my style.
But yay for brushes!
*credits ObsidianDawn.com for the texture brushes applied*

I doubt this will be my offocial entry, but just in case.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Non-Kai-ness, not that you care anyway...
Explainations, if needed, I guess.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/nostalgia.jpg

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Congrats Cholo =) By the way nice entry Gantic I really like it =)

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Gantic:
Not really getting it, but reminds me of ... something... toys for bathing, I think.

Zophia:
Not really nostalgia as much as historia, but the style is nice and simple.

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

I downloaded GIMP.

I might do an fst6 style entry.

(M is for Minimalist.)

(No offence.)

Showing 2056-2070 of 6854