ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5490148
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

*falls over, groans* ... A bit, probably...

I just feel homesick, but that is basically the same.
Nooo. People do not care anyway.

Me neither. But the fish is cool.

gameingkid
gameingkid
156 posts
Peasant

awwwwww man i got a drawing done but it was soo good that i thought i would put it in another catagory that fits it better... soo now with this art contest ... i have no clue what to draw... =( but i like yours zophia =)

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

You know, you are not really alloved to submit something you have made before the contest starts?
We would still like to see, though.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

I'm not sure I'm getting mine either. It seemed like a great idea yesterday. Looks like the topview of a fish tank. Compared to the sun it looks like it's flying.

I'll submit this one instead and it comes with it's own poorly spelled description:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/FitsTheFish.gif
this is my goldfsh FITS. he is happy becaus he is swiming in the water. the Sun and the cloud are his frends. they are happy too.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Crayon brush or actual crayon, Gantic?
I very much considered taking that angle to this, too... But good work. :3

I am totally working on mine and getting lost in effect brushes. This is not good.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Wow, Gantic FTW.

That's cool dude, without the description it would not be NEARLY as good, in fact, it would fail

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Neither. Figured out how to approximate a crayon when I figured out how to approximate a pencil. It was just a small brush and jitter.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Ah, jitter. Scattering too? Pretty dang good replication of crayon effect.

Mine will carry too many obvious signs of premade brushes... Because I has dem... *sighs*

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

This is Phil, in a past life.

I kind of thought it was nostalgic because Phil is the present day and Voidan is from a past life.

Oh well.

If it doesn't fir the theme... I'll re-do it.

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq195/slliM/Voidan.gif?t=1228879595

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

OMG GANTIC! I love the crayon style, you NEED to show me how to do that. LOVE IT!

slliM
slliM
1,463 posts
Nomad

If that one doesn't fit...

I made another.

http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq195/slliM/96.gif?t=1228883448

I was born in 96, and this is a picture of my dad.

Get it?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Heh, wonderful~~

Hmm,if I had been at home, I would have shown you some of my crappy drawings from my childhood (I drew better then, than I do now, though).

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@Klaushouse:
He has already said how he did it~
Small brush, adjust the jitter. Quite possible the scatter too, I'm not sure. I don't know his percentages either, but it is surprisingly simple to make~

@slliM:
I think I'm understanding it the wrong way~~~

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Jitter? Approximate a pencil? What program is this in?

I've always wanted to get a bit of pencil feel back in my lines...

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Strop, anyone where you can adjust the brush settings. It most certainly works in Photoshop, I'm too lazy to check with GIMP...

Of course, programs like Corel Painter does their very best to imitate traditional media already... They have preset brushes for pencils and crayons and paints and stuff...

Showing 2086-2100 of 6854