ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5490214
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

you would have to create it in a special program from what I have gathered.I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.If you have photoshop then it makes them immediately,but gimp uses much smaller pixels so it is much less noticeable.Anyways I would like to see what everyone else has....except maybe Klaushouse at this point.(unless he goes back to the type of art he made before the "box" incident)

jpx111
jpx111
264 posts
Nomad

@Apocalypse: You could either buy programs like Illustrator, or Photoshop to do it....or you can download the freeware called Inkscape
It is a very amazing program for vector art

Hope this helps

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Oh...dear.

See dank, good that you told us your sources because you may recall that there were some rule changes that came into effect at the beginning of this thread, which stated that the content of the image had to be entirely your own i.e. no manipulation and no sourcing of stock etc. etc. because it was too difficult to verify what was legit or not and there was controversy as to how valid it was in the context of this competition.

Which is why I'm not entirely sure what to do here- I love the image but as to whether it qualifies...I'd have to ask Carlie what she thinks.

Judging will begin in less than 24 hours!

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Okay, here's the kind of whack-job entry I'd envisaged for this week's contest...

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/stropwn.jpg

If you're a Narutard you'll get the joke.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/cen.jpg

Cenere means ash... Which is hard to draw.
Have an idea for another version, but I do not know if I can get it ready in time. Being at my parents means spending time with my siblings, and not having time to draw. But they have a scanner, at least.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/cen-1.jpg

*facepalm* Okay, smaller version...

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Pretty nice work Cenere, you did a good job on the whole ashiness.

Strop, yours is good as always, but - the thing it has to do with your name is that your character is named Strop? Anything else that I'm missing?
Oh, and I get the joke though I wouldn't say I'm a Narutard - it's good.

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

Well, Looks like I entered this thread a bit late. There are so many great entries!
Here are mine (the links should work >.&gt:
Hand Drawn
Added Color
Final Product

The final product will be my entry, but I kinda like the original hand drawn best.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Looks good, Pedspog. Nice choice of colours and an interesting font.
Were the edges supposed to be like that?

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

Ehh.. the edges were only suppose to be the gray penciling, I couldn't manage to take out the whites when I brought it over ontop of the background.

mentorso123
mentorso123
368 posts
Jester

Hmmph. *Plops down*
I was gonna submit one for strop, but it was a sketch and I COULDN"T PUT IT ON. Waah *sniffle* *tear*

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

What program did you use?
If you were working with layers (which it looks like you are): do you know how the 'multiply' function works?

*pats mentorso comfortingly* There there, it'll be alright.
What was it you had problems with?

Pedspog
Pedspog
151 posts
Farmer

I used a combination of GIMP and Pain.net. No, I don't know how the multiply function works. Still new to the whole thing. Its my first time using those programs.

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

you are very talented pedspog. . .ya know, until now, I always though your name was Pedsdog

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Just to annoy you all.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/cen1.jpg

Will go wash off the dirty feeling now.
And no, not entry, just the other idea stuck in my head... Happy, very shoujo manga ish drawn girls... *shiver*

Showing 511-525 of 6854