ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5490436
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Omg, multiple posts everywhere!

Yay, third place.
I really like your comments to the entries this week, Strop, I was giggling through half of that longlilong post. ^^

Hair... *looks at fuzzballs*

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I knew that you lived in Japan! (I also know that I could be wrong, so I am aware of that)

Lol, I don't live in Japan. As punishment you must guess where I live and I will never tell you bwahahahahaaaaaa...

Alternatively you can look at the feud between KingRyan and myself and figure it out from there :P

I was going to draw an advertisement with the brief: "If Mentos branched into the bodybuilding market." Men + torso + mentos...easy as 123!

Okay I am so corny...

And I play piano and french horn, actually. The latter is what I was playing at that rehearsal. Speaking of which I am totally going to bed now.

@ Zophia: Yes. I know :P

What instrument do you play.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

...that last bit was actually meant to go in those QUOTE tags but I must have forgotten I'd pasted it...

I'm tired!

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

Bogan does not play piano!!
bogan plays hollow pole.

shermzx
shermzx
564 posts
Nomad

forget to add that i'm so getting the "DM".

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

forget to add that I'm so getting the "DM".

Well there is always Klaushouse to take that away from you,with some of his......art.If that doesn't happen(which it probably won't)then we shall see.The only reason I say that it is unlikely is b/c he said he is busy.Anyways I have never been good with hair,and if you have ever looked at anything of the lets see.....3 entries I think that I have submitted then you would notice that none of them have hair in them.Although I think Zophia is a master at this one.Now that I think about it.Almost every piece of art I have seen from her was related to something that had hair in it.I can't think of anyone who would have a large advantage here though as of right now.Either way I shall try to come up with something just for the heck of it.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

*snickers*

MONSTER OF HAIRY DOOM!
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Monsterthingcopy.jpg

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Oh, btw. I'm think I'll make a slightly - better entry... In a while.
I was just playing with my tablet.
Didn't change the brush settings once (hard round 15 pixels, normal, 100% opacity). Pressure sensitivity ftw.
Just trying to see how furry that could turn out~~~

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Congratulations Gantic! I really liked that entry, it was very creative and took a bit of a different approach than the other entries.

Zophia, your hairy entry is so cool!!!!

OctoberSnow
OctoberSnow
207 posts
Nomad

That hairy best was wicked Zophia what program did you do that on? I have no art skills at all.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

OK I decided to make mine a bit of a joke this time around.So here is my poorly drawn entry with some added effects.This sadly took me 2 hours or so to make.Twice the amount of time as usual for all of the things I have made before for this contest.Anyways here it is.

The first day Bigfoot ever got discriminated against:
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/haircuts-1.jpg

And here is a link in-case it gets cut-off for whatever reason.

Direct Link

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Zophia, your hairy entry is so cool!!!!
Thankies! ^___^

That hairy best was wicked Zophia what program did you do that on? I have no art skills at all.
Photoshop Elements 2.0

@crimson:
Lol, I love his expression! XD

@shermzx:
Your entry is really cute, and I feel sort of sad for him... But very well done, you're really improving.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Lol, I love his expression! XD

Yeah the best part about that is that the expression took me less then 5 minutes to create.
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,611 posts
Jester

Very nice Zoph and Crimson but right now my favourite is Zoph's.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Yeah the best part about that is that the expression took me less then 5 minutes to create.
That it is mainly luck does not make it less awesome.

Very nice Zoph and Crimson but right now my favourite is Zoph's.
*wonders why something that was so easy to make is so much more appreciated than what I did last week*
But thank you very much anyway^^
Now go back a few pages and look at shermzx's too!
Showing 601-615 of 6854