ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5490173
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Hectichermit
Hectichermit
1,828 posts
Bard

I changed the monkey a bit more so, now its only like 80% the same idk the true..if you would like to see what the original looks like here it is
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs50/f/2009/334/f/e/Default_Monkey_by_Hectichermit.png

...You must know a few things to do anything I did B)

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

well a primitive is just a set of vertices, its a tool that comes with blender its not like I loaded someone else's model and used it but if your not happy about people using the draw circle or square tool, or polygon tools you find in many 2D apps then I might understand why you don't like Suzanne(the name of the monkey)
Understand this part:

A circle is the equivalent of a ball.
A square is the equivalent of a cube.
The closest I can come to finding an equivalent for the monkey's head is a custom brush.
The closest I can come to finding an equivalent for your edited monkey's head is a brush stamp carefully coloured and skewed to a unique version of something that can be splattered onto a pic a gazillion times.

its a tool that comes with blender its not like I loaded someone else's model and used it
There's a ton of brushes and fill patterns that come with Adobe Photoshop too. That doesn't mean it's all fine and dandy to make a pic with them and claim to have made it from scratch (and thus we're back to the "REMEMBER TO GIVE CREDIT" thing).

Understand this also:
I did not, in my last post, say there was a problem with it. I said I did not know whether or not it would be a problem.

People using brush sets in their entries is not a problem, as long as they admit to it. You making one entry where an altered shape from the program's stock plays a significant part is not a problem as long as you admit it (again, REMEMBER TO GIVE CREDIT). But if everyone suddenly started doing that, it WOULD be a problem, though one I'd simply solve by more or less obliterating the chances of winning due to boredom with the content.

Also, quit your multiposting and figure out what you need to say before you attempt to say it. >_>
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Oooh, no ideas and no time to draw, oooooh, no inspiration but at last I got Sai...!

Zophia, this was probably one of the most annoying themes I have seen (counting my own weird themes as well).... Or I am just too stressed to get my mind to work > >

jkmadman1
jkmadman1
1,066 posts
Nomad

The theme "juice" is pretty weird Cen.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Still, we have had things like &quotortals and spoons" and a quote from Crime and Punishment, and yet I find drawing juice in some fancy way harder than any of the others.

lalala12
lalala12
2,165 posts
Nomad

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz249/ball908765/Juice.png

jkmadman1
jkmadman1
1,066 posts
Nomad

Cen I think mine is the fanciest due to the non fanciness of it.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Just had to do something for you guys (and something I wanted to draw, not a lesson > &lt

Slurp, Slurp,and Shoe, Shoe

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss282/BronzeCAE09/worm.png

jkmadman1
jkmadman1
1,066 posts
Nomad

Wow juice is big it certainly screams juice though.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

You might wanna do something else Kirby, since the only relation your picture has to juice is the word juice; and from learning how Cen and Zoph judge, they like the pictures to speak for themselves.

Oops...double post was not intended

Triple post you mean? :P
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Right so I just got my graphics tablet today, so I thought I would do something to test it out. This is what I came up with(some of the effects were done cheaply for the sake of laziness)

Thats a Lot of Juice!!!
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/crimsonblade55/juice-1.png

jkmadman1
jkmadman1
1,066 posts
Nomad

It makes sense but I don't like it.No offense though.You know you can't please everybody.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

and from learning how Cen and Zoph judge, they like the pictures to speak for themselves.

Imma not a judge no more.
And logically, since there already is a "Short story contest"...
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv296/goumas13/oraNge.jpg

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Can't enter this one until I get Flash working again...VERIFY ALREADY!

Showing 6361-6375 of 6854