ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5490177
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Looks like someone has ventured outside the pixelated borders of Paint. :P

But lulz~ Poor "food".

thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

k, you guys are gonna laugh at this one!
http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr28/thoadthetoad/lawl.png
whoo! 2 references in one pic, CLOCK CREW and 4CHAN, hooray for first 4chan ref.!

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

You know what Zophia let me just put it this way.Its an online program.I doubt you will figure it out.So if you don't by the time Strop announces the winner.Then afterwords I will go ahead and tell what it is.Although I seriously thought you guys already knew.Anyways that's all I have to say for now.Except I don't get why a 4chan reference is anything to be proud of.

Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

Best viewed against a full black background but I cropped it. I'll stick in a title since the image name is so long and I prefer not to use underscores.

"The Essence of Apple and a Peeled Orange"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/theessenceofappleandapeeledorange.gif

Back to NaNo.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Crimsonblade: my guess is either "emboss" or "edge detect".

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Oh God, I felt like Klaus while drawing this if anyone gets the joke mwahaha.
http://i348.photobucket.com/albums/q323/Estel_03/uhoh-1.jpg

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

Wow...Go Estel! hahahaha

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

KLAUUUUUUUSSSSSSS! Oh wait...

ESSTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLL!

That made me LOL! Haha very clever, funny, and inappropriate!

hehehehe!

KingRyan

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Yeah, what kingryan said except much louder.

It will be hilarious if I end up giving the DM to a moderator.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Ohhh dear... I can't figure out whether that is a subtle sexual reference or a way too obvious one. But you are invading Klaushouse-territory! D:
But nice composition~

It will be hilarious if I end up giving the DM to a moderator.
Oh so very hilarious.

@thoad:
I failed to get your references.

@Gantic:
Awesome use of line tool. Though the apple looks a little bell pepper like to me~

Mooooooo-oooom! Dinner's biting back!!
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/BabyHallow.jpg
Hallow seriously got scarred for life by that.
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

LOL A CHERRY! Genius. I will think of something hopefully, can't let a mod be DM. As for toad, I like the clockcrew/NG reference, the /b/ reference wasn't really justified though.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Just saw your pic Zophia. Brilliant!

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Just saw your pic Zophia. Brilliant!
Thanks^^
But I am wondering if I could make a better background... I feel like fail because of the floodfilled pattern (though I tweaked it a LOT) and the use of the dreaded grass brush...
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

LOL A CHERRY! Genius. I will think of something hopefully, can't let a mod be DM. As for toad, I like the clockcrew/NG reference, the /b/ reference wasn't really justified though

well, for the CC veterans, you would know that the Clock Crew started from a blammed short (I think) where there was a retarded strawberry clock and would just keep on saying B, so I used the reference of the B, and the new found knowledge of a highly inappropriate place, the 4chan, to make the reference of /B/, while it still tagging along with the CC reference of B! Hope I explained it well =P
P.S. I really thought more people would have known that 0-0U
qwe853
qwe853
90 posts
Nomad

I made a Painting in Paint, that I want to share with the rest of you here in the 'Art Skill Competition'.
But how do I get my Painting from paint to Armorgames?

Showing 1126-1140 of 6854