ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4307278
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Ok heres my entry

*crosses fingers and hopes it works*

http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee348/Cholokid34/yupcopy.jpg

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@Cenere:
Way to be off-topic. :P

@Cholokid:
Arrrrrrrgh, Chuck Norris!!!

@Klaushouse:
Did you go through all the comics?

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Arrrrrrrgh, Chuck Norris!!!

hahaha

So you like it? I didn't make fun of Strop because I decided I've pushed the lines to far and I'm not going to try my luck with another.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Yeah, I thought the first two frames (panels?) were really good. The last two didn't round the joke of smoothly, but it's still good.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

My butt hurts arwarwarwarwarw!!!

Do.. I want to know why your butt hurts?

Ok heres my entry

Cholo you are aware that grammar is spelt with an a not an e, and that's isn't thats, but that's. So 'Hoo Boy, thats bad grammer." is really grammatically incorrect.

@Klaushouse:

Yes. I went through them all. It was so amazing. O_O
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

@Klaushouse:

I am going through them all right now, they are hilarious. I only have about 15 to go.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

[quote]My butt hurts arwarwarwarwarw!!!

Do.. I want to know why your butt hurts? [/quote]I know why Cen's butt hurts~~~~~ I don't know if you want to know why, that all depends on your curiousity.

Yes. I went through them all. It was so amazing. O_O
Indeed! Some of them are wonderfully inappropriate/weird/disturbing/funny/awesome~
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I know why Cen's butt hurts~~~~~ I don't know if you want to know why, that all depends on your curiousity.

Knowing you guys, it's probably something I want to hear. Tell me. :P
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Cholo you are aware that grammar is spelt with an a not an e, and that's isn't thats, but that's. So 'Hoo Boy, thats bad grammer." is really grammatically incorrect.

Hey, be quiet mister.

My butt hurts arwarwarwarwarw!!!

[quote]Do.. I want to know why your butt hurts?

[quote]I know why Cen's butt hurts~~~~~ I don't know if you want to know why, that all depends on your curiousity.

[quote]Knowing you guys, it's probably something I want to hear. Tell me. :P
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Oh man I don't know if that's going to work.

But Klaus its simply because he had bad grammar. Chuck Norris roundhouse kicked him right in the pooper.
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Cholo you are aware that grammar is spelled with an a not an e, and that's isn't thats, but that's. So 'Hoo Boy, that's bad grammer." is really grammatically incorrect.

I find it ironic that you are trying to school him about grammar when spelling is not even the same as grammar.Grammar is how you use words in an order to make a sentence.So...."I lik chocalot creem pi!!!one!!<insertExclamationpointhere>" would not even be grammatically incorrect,but instead it would have incorrect spelling and punctuation.Instead what would be grammatically incorrect is "I is hungry." or "I ain't got nothing that ain't mine not to describin" If you want to know the difference.Its all about how you pronounce the word.Grammar and Grammer would be pronounced the same way,unless you want to pronounce them differently.In which I don't like you for trying to argue with my logic.Also the funniest and most ironic part about all of that is when you did this "is spelt with an a not an e,"Whats so funny about that?Spelt is not a word,but spelled is.
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

I find it ironic that you are trying to school him about grammar when spelling is not even the same as grammar.Grammar is how you use words in an order to make a sentence.

If we want to get technical, grammar is structure within a sentence. Letters being formed properly to create a structurally fit word is a stepping stone to a structurally fit phrase. So you are in fact wrong in saying spelling doesn't come into play in grammar.

Also the funniest and most ironic part about all of that is when you did this "is spelt with an a not an e,"Whats so funny about that?Spelt is not a word,but spelled is.

Upon further investigation I found this:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/spelt

Other than being "a wheat, Triticum aestivum spelta, native to southern Europe and western Asia, used chiefly for livestock feed" it is also seen as a verb(see the first entry for spelt), "a pt. and pp. of spell 1 .".
So yes it is a word.

Thank you for trying Crimson but I must say you got your ass handed to you in a royally.
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

got your *** handed to you in a royally.

Should be "got your *** handed to you royally. "
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

BTW:

This thread is for making fun of Grammar Nazis.

Not for Grammar Nazis.

That is all.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Other than being "a wheat, Triticum aestivum spelta, native to southern Europe and western Asia, used chiefly for livestock feed" it is also seen as a verb(see the first entry for spelt), "a pt. and pp. of spell 1 .".
So yes it is a word.

Whats your point Klaushouse?OK,sure its a word,but it still used in the wrong context.So if what you say is true in the first part then he either used the wrong word in that sentence,or used poor grammar.My point is that its fairly hypocritical,but why must you argue with me so much today?This is the second time where you have done this so far.
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Whats your point Klaushouse?OK,sure its a word,but it still used in the wrong context.So if what you say is true in the first part then he either used the wrong word in that sentence,or used poor grammar.My point is that its fairly hypocritical,but why must you argue with me so much today?This is the second time where you have done this so far.

I don't pick someone to argue with, I just argue with whoever is asking for it. Before saying things it usually helps that you research before saying something, for example saying 'spelt' is not a word. I know my english, and am well aware of where to use spelt so I don't need someone coming along and saying that it's wrong when in fact your entire argument was based off of spurious ideas.

You ask why I argue with you and again you need to think before speaking, especially when flaunting your knowledge, or lack thereof, of the political spectrum and your ability to locate it.
Showing 1681-1695 of 6854