ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4263689
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

You didn't faint, or else you wouldn't have been able to click submit! I have seen through your falsifications, now get back to work!

Ok Klaus that is enough! Leave her alone...no one deserves to be treated like that!

KingRyan
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Maybe she fainted and her head hit the mouse which was hovering over submit :P

Ohhhh, klaus, you got caught out assuming stuff! Oh teh noes!

Anyway. That's the last off-topic post for me. BACK TO GRAMMAR PEOPLE!

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

You didn't faint, or else you wouldn't have been able to click submit! I have seen through your falsifications, now get back to work!
Pfffffft!
That's the kind of action you write right before you actually do it. Like when writing *goes downstairs* or *starts working on entry* it doesn't happen the immediate moment you write it. Ha!

Anyway, feeling a little better despite a nasty cold, so I'll try to finish today...

*starts working on zombie entry again*
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

That's the kind of action you write right before you actually do it. Like when writing *goes downstairs* or *starts working on entry* it doesn't happen the immediate moment you write it. Ha!

So.. a delayed action? I guess that is possible... :/

I will accept it until further notice. Be careful, I am watching you! Figuratively of course...
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Hehe, I'm actually almost done with it now. Just a bit of perspective skewing and lighting to set up left...

Then comes MWT entries and Grammar.......

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Oh..... I have absolutely no motivation for the new theme... Might be because of my being unable to sit properly...
Grammar ideas are many, though, but how to do them....

I blame it all on Crimson!!

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

FINALLY!!!
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/th_Theyrecomingsketch.jpg
... Just kidding, that was my original speedy sketch...
Then it became this.
And then this, after I'd finally found a ref for the shotgun... That I drew it completely out of scale is a whole other matter... >_>
Adding more zombies and trying to figure out how to make the reflection look right in this...
Getting more of a background in on this...

And finally, after much delay, I bring you this.

They're coming...
http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/th_Theyrecoming-3.jpg
Click image for fullview.

I sincerely hope it was worth waiting for.

._.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

*cough*
Yeah for hanging jaws~~ My speciality, but you are doing it great~~

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

Wow Zophia, that is just.... wow.

Zega
Zega
6,921 posts
Peasant

Errrr.. Zoph... that was really cool but what the he!! does that have to do with grammar?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

It is for zombies. Zophia have had a tough week, and thus we were given a new theme for us to do, while she finished the one for zombies.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Wow Zophia, that is just.... wow.
Worth waiting for?? *feverish begging expression*

Errrr.. Zoph... that was really cool but what the he!! does that have to do with grammar?
As Cenere said... Now I'm trying to come up with something for the grammar theme...
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Zoph...that is...simply....SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME!!!

Well done...you'll probably take first place away from me now :'(

Worth the wait...Now lets just pressure Strop to judge it...

STTTTRRRRRRRROOOOOOPPPPPPP C'mon you pathethic crossdressing pony! Judge the competition already!

KingRyan

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

So glad people appreciate my efforts~<3

Though there is something totally wrong with the perspective... And I know what it is too... But I can't correct it now, because I had to merge a bunch of layers to get the skewing and transparency right...

*hopes to at least get a really good honorary mention*

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Okay, thanks a bunch for submitting it Zoph, now I shall judge as soon as I get home!

Grammar is still on! Sieg he- wait, I really should not be saying that on any forum.

Showing 1711-1725 of 6854