ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 5489440
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
deth4
deth4
759 posts
Nomad

ya. do you think lawn gnomes came from nissers?

deth4
deth4
759 posts
Nomad

finished my nisse, wanna see it?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

@Zophia:
Probably. But translating gaard nisse to yard gnome?

Sure, Deth, but probably not here, I guess? Since we are widely off topic (Carlie didn't scold us, Carlie didn't scold us~~). Okay, mental image, be true!

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Off topic much?

How come I start at least half of the off topic lines of conversation...... It seems that way at least.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

XD

And yes, deth, post a link! Hey, going off topic enough in a certain direction has already set the theme twice~
I just hope Strop doesn't feel too exasperated when he has to dig through page after page of this.

deth4
deth4
759 posts
Nomad

there it is, hopefully you can get to it. i made sure it was public. anyway... its a cartoon as well! so its not off topic!

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

My "forum smack in the back of my head" sense is tingling!!

Okay, I can get back on track! I am sure.... Cartoon.... Cooomic... Christmas!!
... I failed, did I not? It must be the itch in my butt distracting me. The bandages make it itch TT TT...

I did it again...

Okay. Cartoons.
I am waiting for Strop's picture to be uploaded, so I can get a feeling of what the kitten the theme was about.

deth4
deth4
759 posts
Nomad

sorry for double post (its times like these that makes me want an edit feature) but the reason the nisse looks really bad is because i drew it in another window, but bigger. it looked really bad when i shrunnk it, what are ya gonne do :P

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Of "what the kitten this theme was about"? Your swearing is even cuter than Strop's!

@deth4:
I really do find your drawing style quite interesting, good work~ Though the mushroom lines doesn't really match the nisse~

Yep, another fail to be on topic. But there haven't been any entries after Klaushouse' anyway~

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

[glowy ad]How to swear without swearing for "real". The new book by Cenere[/glowy ad]

I should go to sleep, I do not want to be online for the forum slap.
Besides there is Star Wars tomorrow morning!!!! Yeahh *runs 'round in circles*

deth4
deth4
759 posts
Nomad

yea they were a lot cleaner, but i like to draw things big then shrink them. when i do that it makes it look horrible :P not a lot of leway in ms paint, i think i might get GIMP. is it free? i like to blur things but theres no tool for that in paint.

when is strop gonna be here?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

@deth4:
Yep, GIMP is free and a vast improvement over Paint, though it can take some time getting used to.

And Strop should at least pop online briefly within the next ten hours, unless something IRL is keeping him off...

Anywho. I'm going to bed. Pretty much same reason as Cenere. :P

*activates cute mode and hopes it will distract Strop*

deth4
deth4
759 posts
Nomad

bed already?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Hi guys sorry I wasn't on yesterday but I had this...uhm...secret mission. Okay, I mean party.

And what the fish!?

...If it isn't too much trouble, could everybody please post their official entries? I actually can't tell from all the links what is on-topic and what's not ;..;

Although this:

Off topic much?

Made it all worthwhile.

I will judge this when people have reposted, and I finish what I was planning. I've been working on MWT entries though, so it may take an extra day or so.
Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd
Showing 1981-1995 of 6854