ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArt Skills Contest

6854 4302421
Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Hello and welcome!

This is a spin-off of the original GFX Art Battle, but with some updated rules and changes. Please make sure to read the rules before entering, since they have been modified. Good luck, we look forward to seeing some creative artistic entries!

Competition Rules
1. Must be hand drawn, either on paper or in a program. It can then be manipulated in an graphics program. But unoriginal artwork cannot be used as the main focus. Copyrighted images cannot be used. All pieces containing copyrighted images will be disqualified.
2. Submissions must follow the current theme that has been chosen by a moderator for that week. If you submit more than one piece, please clarify which one you would like to be judged.
3. If your image is larger than 600 pixels wide, please provide a link to the image instead of posting it in the forum. Otherwise, the image will be cut off.
4. Artists cannot win in subsequent weeks. You can still submit, but if you won the week before, you cannot get first place again the next week.
5. After the deadline, a moderator will pick the winner, and they will be awarded a 25 AP award.

• 6,854 Replies
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

Well, technically, according to the Catholic Bible, the number 7 is the number of ultimate perfection, and 6 is the opposite. 7 being the number oh god, while 6 being the number of the devil. Yay for Religious Education!

Poor Cenere, if it makes you feel any better, I was assigned a writing project similar to yours. Funny how we were talking about it, then the next day I get assigned writing 2 pages every night until February... mines easier than yours though, because its double space, and half of each is a given.

*looks around with boredom*

Well, take a look. Strop causes volcano's to erupt too. Are his powers limitless?!
http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee348/Cholokid34/sickninja.jpg

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Three days (more likely two, or one full day) to write ten pages about something... And I have not read any on the pensum.... I am going to fail even harder than with the other one...

Being up late:
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq1/Cerene_Cerine/njds.jpg
Cenere does not approve.

... Yes, I have a character for most of my usernames... Either realted to, or having the name. ... And there reason why Cenere does not approve of being up late? I tend to act very off topic after 11 pm....

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

yes Mark Twain,and I said English so I don't get where Einstein came from.

Ah, I forgot about the English part.
But that's because there's a poster in the back of my classroom, with a guy who looks like Mark Twain and Albert Einstein, with that quote on it, and I never figured out which it was.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Bah, all I can think about now is the urban legend about Mark Twain and the brown note.

Judgement soon(ish)!

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

*kicks Strop's definition of "soon"*

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

*Throws spoons in random directions for no apparent reason*

@Cenere
I feel your pain. I think anyway. I tend to get really off topic too. :\\ But throwing spoons makes me feel better. Why spoons? Because at first I thought Strop said "Judgement spoon(ish" hahahaha.

@Strop
I guess you do have a limit to your powers, you spelled judgment wrong...

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

What about a spork?

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

I like spool's and spoon's better. The word spool makes me laugh. Hahah I don't know why, but it does. How cool would it be if our next topic for here is "Random Things That Make You Laugh" Epic.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Is there even going to be a "next topic"? Stroppy-guy is going away, remember?
Random thing that make me laugh: The splat pose in Strop's comic. Kai looked wonderfully stupid.

Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

I hope there will be a next topic. This is my favorite part of the forums. I would be lost without it. :'(

Zoph could take over judging, or Estel. Carlie could always do it again, she used to be the judge for the GFX battles. *cries*

Another random thing that made me laugh: My poliwags eye after I entered it into the pokemon contest. Huge and lazy. Haha.

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Zophia should NOT take over. She have not got the time in the first place, not even to either write or draw a little.

Uh? Found out about the first edition thing? First edition being the first card of a kind in a new series, neo something is the series?

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Judgement soon(ish)!
I'll put up my crappy entry in about an hour or so. Nap first. If "soon" happens to be while I'm asleep, then okay, never mind. It's not worth looking at anyway.

@Strop
I guess you do have a limit to your powers, you spelled judgment wrong...

It's not wrong enough to be left out of the dictionary. Judgement?

Zophia should NOT take over. She have not got the time in the first place, not even to either write or draw a little.
*looks at the overly detailed little drawings I made in classes* Miw?
But I'd procrastinate just as much as Strop. I'll still do it, though. If you need me to. I probably shouldn't.
Cholokid
Cholokid
1,667 posts
Shepherd

*looks at ground in shame*

Owned. Haha. Zoph, is it a new high school, or are you in college now?

Yeah, Cenere it was explained to me. But its not 1st edition like I thought it was. Dang.

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

oh man strop your not gonna wait a couple days before finally judging are you? like last time?

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

Zophia, not before I have seen you do the thing you are supposed to do besides being a mod, I do not believe you should be the judge here. You might have the idea that then you do not need to draw anything, which is good, but I still think you would end up failing. Sorry, but that is what I think.

Cholo, mm, okay.

Deth, Strop is leaving in the matter of days, most likely tomorrow, which means he is not gonna wait. At the moment he is sleeping, the judgement will probably fall later.

Showing 2341-2355 of 6854