ForumsArt, Music, and Writing*ZophinfestedArtthread* Old one.

811 182642
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Hey there! You may have seen my drawings in the 'Mazzelh?' thread, the GFX Art Battle or other random places, but I figured I might as well make a thread for some of my other stuff. Because people here seem to like it.
I do not generally take requests, but if you come up with an idea I like, I might use it. You could also just pay me to draw for you, but with the average age of AG users, I don't think many of you will. :P

Idea copyright NoNameC68
http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z121/Mazzelh/Hybridthingycopy.jpg
Bonus glory for anyone who can name all ten Pokemons blended into that critter.

• 811 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Uhm, Zophia, there's nothing wrong with the word "cockfighting"...it's not what you think it is. It actually refers to the (formerly popular but now largely underground due to illegality) bloodsport of raising roosters to fight each other in a dirt ring so other people can gamble on the outcome.

...mind out of gutter!

Xoran
Xoran
483 posts
Nomad

Lawl, sweet picture! Your good at drawing!xD

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

...mind out of gutter!
We keep saying that to each other, don't we? We're clearly both rather perverted.

I don't usually use c.ock about roosters, just like I don't call cats p.ussies. x_x

And it's still getting around the censor, though not in a nearly as bad way.

Lawl, sweet picture! Your good at drawing!xD
Thanks. ^w^
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

I don't usually use c.ock about roosters, just like I don't call cats p.ussies. x_x

. . .But it doesn't have any other name. . .so it would qualify as getting around the censor just as much as saying "Charles D.ickens" would. . .which I've seen you, Strop, Cen, and an endless list of other users do. . . .
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I'm actually with Alt on this one: I doubt cockfighting is a cultural feature in Denmark, so you wouldn't be familiar with the term, Zophia. So it's not at all a filter dodge unless used in improper context.

And I don't think I've ever said "Charles Dickens"...maybe "Dickensian", to describe Dostoyevsky's style.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

And I don't think I've ever said "Charles ****ens"...maybe "****ensian", to describe Dostoyevsky's style.

I could've sworn I'd seen you type that somewhere here on AG. . . .
--------------
And the term was used in the correct context in relation to pokemon, because they are similar; two "trainers" commanding monsters, or 'okemon' (Japanese for 'pocket monsters' to fight each other in a sort of arena, as depicted in the game. But, instead of using Mexican straight blades or Philipino curved blades or other sharp edges, you're using leaf storm, water gun, hyper beam, flamethrower, etc. as 'moves' that they are equipped with, much how a chicken or rooster in a cockfight are equipped with a blade.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I doubt cockfighting is a cultural feature in Denmark, so you wouldn't be familiar with the term, Zophia.

Hanekamp. Hane is more similar to rooster, as kok (c.ck) is more used for the male peasants.

And Charles D, well, it is pretty hard to refering to an author without saying his name.
And for cockfight, there are most likely other words, but well.

Show that furret who's boss!

I really want to draw the real image now.

*stares at internet*
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Not that I know of. . . .
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

What the hell, why is dick censored!?

Charles PENIS-ens.

Okay, now that's out of the system. Well, Cenere, looks like I can't give Zophia face now that it turns out she doesn't know something about her own home country, eh? Bummer.

Be my guest. Feel free to look for one.
aced0155
aced0155
312 posts
Nomad

You know you could just say rooster fighting it works just as well. And this is getting really off topic.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

@aced: You should realize that everyone in the art forum has an offtopic quota to fill. This is a minor deviation, when compared to some others. And no, many would go lolwhut at rooster fighting, but understand cockfighting.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

"Rooster fighting" sounds ridiculous, besides I would consider it on the level of banning cruxifixes from Churches at Easter in the name of political correctness. We should not be expected to defend people from their own immaturity, which is precisely what is happening in the world today, but so help me, it will not happen here.

I'm temporarily sanctioning this off-topicness because there's a stance I want to make at this point. Now that I've made it, I won't distract from the original purpose of this thread any further!

Oh yeah, one more thing:

Well, Cenere, looks like I can't give Zophia face now that it turns out she doesn't know something about her own home country, eh? Bummer.

Upon rereading this statement, I decided to retract it, please ignore.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Still going to comment on it.

Well, Cenere, looks like I can't give Zophia face now that it turns out she doesn't know something about her own home country, eh? Bummer.

No a big part of out culture, and not really a known part. I just know because I am nothing but a fact loving nerd, really.
Not taught in school, even.
Would be similar to asking people about dogfights. Same principles, just less known off in these days, because it is illegal.

Flah.
But given the time of the day, I understand why Zophia protested against it. Would have used dogfight myself, but that is how that is. (though I have seen a cockfight a couple of times myself)
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Flah.

What was that?
----------
"dogfight" would indicate a fight between dogs, not roosters.
---------
I think we now understand that there is no alternative to cockfight as a word. Moving on?
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Just one last thing:

Dogfight also has multiple meanings- the more commonly known one being aerial combat.

Showing 646-660 of 811