ForumsArt, Music, and WritingStrop's sporadic scrapbook

1567 731309
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Right, so I pulled out of the previous GFX round due to not being able to finish on time. Since then I've been working on the image on-and-off and now it's finished only about a week late.

The picture shown below is half the size, the fullsize one can be found by clicking on the picture.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/technologyfinal.jpg

The full resolution pic (1280xs1024) is low quality...the high quality version is 1.1Mb and doesn't fit on photobucket xD Lame. Except I feel justified with the size...this was hand-drawn from start to finish.

I should have tidied up the sketchlines more, but wasn't actually intending to spend this much effort on it. Meh.

• 1,567 Replies
GreatestSoloEver
GreatestSoloEver
1,361 posts
Nomad

Amazing work Strop,it's really creative.

raigeki
raigeki
704 posts
Nomad

yay for strop!!

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

It's great thank you but how did you make the Earth Whiter on the edge and what tool did you use for the comment? Blur?

Check the early steps on page 15...I created a new addition layer and used a fuzzy paintbrush. Creating a new layer is important because then you can make changes more easily.
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Well I got some of you're advice. I made a new one for some reason but here it is.
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii150/danstanta/rrt4.jpg

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

The clouds look pretty, but you may want to smudge them even more! I think you've asked Zophia for advice on this, right?

I deliberated for a whole day as to whether I would put this next picture up. It's a bit on the risque side, but I've discussed with the other moderators and they appear to be okay with it...nonetheless how the community reacts will be a good test >:3

As you know Zophia drew Strop in a dress for halloween, and since then there has been a running joke that Strop is secretly a cross-dresser. While the real Strop (i.e. me) has no interest in crossdressing, I just had to draw this pic because it was lol.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/stroppantycolour.jpg

What a ninja does in private, should really stay private!

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

...I forsee a lot of confused individuals!

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

I have seen worse. But I like his expression, though.

Zophia
Zophia
9,435 posts
Scribe

It's pure awesome. ^^

And I love the way the fabric flows~

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

So? What is going to happen to my picture

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

...I forsee a lot of confused individuals!
Actually, it clears a few things up.
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Hmm... in retrospect this post may need some clearing up itself.

I was looking at some of Strop's stuff on DA, (all of it, both profiles, including journal posts) and a few things were not displayed because I assume (and I think correctly) that they may not be considered appropriate for some viewers. One such image was entitled "What a Ninja Does in Private..." and, when one the internet, hope for the best and assume the worst. Thus, seeing what a suspect to be the same "Deviation", (I'm hilarious) I was pleased to find it rather tame.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Danstanta: Well, like I said, play around with the "addition" layer or brush, and see what happens! Also, look at photos of shiny stuff, and see how the light moves.

Cenere: But I have to remain slightly tame on this forum 8D

Xzeno: Darn it, the only reason I have work listed as mature content was because of an uncensored expletive! I'm not that bad ._.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Yessir!
Analyzing Sir!
Picturing in Mind Sir!
Please wait....

Complete!
Ha thank you

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

But I have to remain slightly tame on this forum 8D
Okay, just for your imagaination, then~~ Kai in a very small, very orange bikini g-string. Oh, and he had "family" on a visit, so had to just pull up his pants, instead of changing:P
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

That's what passes for mature content these days? Next they'll banning Manhunt 2 from England.

This comment has been edited by the author, because the original version totally burned Strop.

Showing 151-165 of 1567