ForumsArt, Music, and WritingStrop's sporadic scrapbook

1567 749516
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Right, so I pulled out of the previous GFX round due to not being able to finish on time. Since then I've been working on the image on-and-off and now it's finished only about a week late.

The picture shown below is half the size, the fullsize one can be found by clicking on the picture.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/technologyfinal.jpg

The full resolution pic (1280xs1024) is low quality...the high quality version is 1.1Mb and doesn't fit on photobucket xD Lame. Except I feel justified with the size...this was hand-drawn from start to finish.

I should have tidied up the sketchlines more, but wasn't actually intending to spend this much effort on it. Meh.

• 1,567 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Copyright thingy remains hard to see because it's not a feature. It's just there so I can point to it if I have to!

I don't like handwriting on the tablet, it feels funny. Then again these days I'm always writing with paper on laps or notepads in hand...no wonder doctors have the handwriting they do.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Well, at least here in DK the prescribtion is written on the computer, and then the doctor just has to sign it.
But yeah, you have a reason for writing crappily. I just do it for fun.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

I have crappy handwriting. It's on the verge of travesty, really. Like every letter I write is a transgression on the paper. . . .

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Woop woop crappy pixel sprite.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/stropstand.gif

This is the first time I've ever animated a tail. Or something in pixels, for that matter.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

The animation is really smooth and stuff, but the figure is slightly out-of-whack. Like when he inhales, even though you are oriented more to the left shoulder, the right one still expands much more. Your animation is spot-on though, I couldn't find a place where you had a problem there.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Gah, you're right.

I'll fix it at a later date >_>

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Okaiz den.
--------
I used to be a very avid animator, jut some tips on perspective. D

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

STROPY!!! How are you???
Nice animation, and I agree with Alt.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I used to be a very avid animator, jut some tips on perspective. D

You used to be? You're 12. How can you used to be anything unless you're one of those child prodigies that fizzled?
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

You used to be? You're 12. How can you used to be anything unless you're one of those child prodigies that fizzled?

like me and ma-

nvm, anyways, great sprite. I gave you my thoughts on it through DA though.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

From about late 2006-late 2008, I was animating stuff like crazy. I haven't done anything in months~
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Maybe you should post some stuff if you could, it sounds interesting.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I'm not going to do pixel stuff until I get my animation style right!

EAT DOUBLE SPINNING DOUBLE KICK, WOOOOO!

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/stropjacknife.gif

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

FF likes animatios better, it seems. The movement is nice, the tail looks a little weird, but might just be me.

random_player_of_ag
random_player_of_ag
2,636 posts
Nomad

Yeah the tail kinda disappears during the spinning kicks.
Yet that's some niiiiice animation.
I may have to steal it... Mwhahaha no just kidding I don't even know how to steal.

Showing 511-525 of 1567