ForumsArt, Music, and WritingStrop's sporadic scrapbook

1567 749509
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Right, so I pulled out of the previous GFX round due to not being able to finish on time. Since then I've been working on the image on-and-off and now it's finished only about a week late.

The picture shown below is half the size, the fullsize one can be found by clicking on the picture.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/technologyfinal.jpg

The full resolution pic (1280xs1024) is low quality...the high quality version is 1.1Mb and doesn't fit on photobucket xD Lame. Except I feel justified with the size...this was hand-drawn from start to finish.

I should have tidied up the sketchlines more, but wasn't actually intending to spend this much effort on it. Meh.

• 1,567 Replies
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hmm...is that the whole thingo with me as an old dude with a crown from GO-LO?

Just spill Strop!

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Ahahahaha oh man you remember that, awesome.

This will be an extension of the same fictional continuum, yes. The characters that I have permission to use in Story of Strop will also appear in this Way of Moderation. You could say that WoM happens in the later stages of SoS, as I have written it.

Yes, I've written a ton of SoS plot but don't have time to properly draw any of it...it will become a retrospective work, with this upcoming event taking priority.

KingRyan, if you're interested, you still have the option of making up your own character as opposed to feeling constrained to my portrait of you, obviously!

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hmm...I dunno really....A stickman is a lot easier to draw...

Can you give us some of the SoS in writing?

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Can you give us some of the SoS in writing?

I'll think about it. I'd prefer to do it in comic format but...if there is sufficient interest, I'll pre-release in prose.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I heard that this was going to be some big thing that involved Kongregate too! And that the winner gets to choose an Armatar for Strop!

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Yes, by some coincidence the theme started just as I was beginning work on the pic. But I've been planning this concept for months now-

O_O Cenere a pshycic (if thats how you spell it) he was the one who picked the theme.It great though.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

K-K-Kongregate? Where did you hear that from?

I heard that the project might spill over to Newgrounds!

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

What? Newgrounds? Never!

Strop said that he didn't like Newgrounds because of the Mature section...and we couldn't have that coming to AG...

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

But Newgrounds is the place where there are some people with mad flash skillz! I heard the game might end up being of epic proportions which would require a whole team of coders just to build the game engine!

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Hmm...I head that too...but we have some mad coders here! Like Krin and John and Dank! And the SuperFlashBros could help! Maybe you could even get Koji Kondo to do the sound!

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Maybe you could even get Koji Kondo to do the sound!

You dummy :P

But Ubertuna is an awesome musician and has dibs on the music! I'm also a musician and could chip in too...
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Though the NG audio portal has some mad music artists there too.

Just look at John's work, he uses a lot of songs from the NG audio portal. Then there's the MaestroRage, what with all his crazy ... ness.

Shadow867
Shadow867
147 posts
Nomad

...with all his crazy ... ness

Lol, I loved that. It's true, though...
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

All true but now getting to be beside the point. The point being think about what if a production themed on ArmorGames was primarily produced by the folk at Newgrounds.

IT'S LIKE OUTSOURCING. WHERE'S YOUR SENSE OF NATIONALISTIC OUTRAGE!? D:

Showing 541-555 of 1567