ForumsArt, Music, and WritingStrop's sporadic scrapbook

1567 749510
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Right, so I pulled out of the previous GFX round due to not being able to finish on time. Since then I've been working on the image on-and-off and now it's finished only about a week late.

The picture shown below is half the size, the fullsize one can be found by clicking on the picture.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/technologyfinal.jpg

The full resolution pic (1280xs1024) is low quality...the high quality version is 1.1Mb and doesn't fit on photobucket xD Lame. Except I feel justified with the size...this was hand-drawn from start to finish.

I should have tidied up the sketchlines more, but wasn't actually intending to spend this much effort on it. Meh.

• 1,567 Replies
WizardAgent23
WizardAgent23
65 posts
Nomad

WoW, that's pretty good

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

That one is good. The tail would probably kind of swing with him, instead of seemingly disappearing, and it looks like his arms are hugged slightly close to his chest when he's spinning. Other than that, it's great. The easing is spot-on, and there isn't any stiffness to speak of.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

and it looks like his arms are hugged slightly close to his chest when he's spinning

They ARE close.

Try jumping and spinning with your arms outstretched.

Then try doing the same thing with your arms tightly wrapped.

Trust me, the arms are in a perfectly suitable position for this technique. I would know, I practice these kinds of moves in real life.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Qualification: Though for the sake of convenience, I've placed Strop's technique a few levels above mine. He doesn't swing his arms through because he doesn't have to.

This isn't an issue either- Anis Cheufra can do a butterfly twist with his arms tied behind his back, when good technique dictates that you need to swing your arms through.

TheMetalGrunt
TheMetalGrunt
113 posts
Nomad

You should make a fluid ninja run gif. :P

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I think I'm going to put a little teaser in here:

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/flipski.jpg

Right now it's very hazy, I'm sure the concept will change a fair bit before it's finished. I'm not very good at mecha so I kinda just pulled a bit from everywhere to see what it would look like. You'll see the finished product soon, though.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Flipski, the spamkiller robot! Make sure he uses burritos as a power source. . . .

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Horror! Could you imagine the emissions rating from that!?

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Ugh, yes. But, burritos are the only thing he lives off of. . . .

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

One of these days, I'll get around to it.

So I posted something about the Way of Moderation in the ASC thread. I also mentioned that I "let the cat out of the bag".

To reiterate:

http://s438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/th_womtitle-2.jpg

Rumour has it that this picture is linked to:

1) An ArmorGames fiction.
2) An event similar to Cenere's MWT which users wanted to do another of except AG-themed and lighter.
3) A fighting game to be based on the ArmorGames community.

I WONDER WHAT IT IS! FIND OUT AFTER THE CONCLUSION OF THE MWT!

howlett
howlett
2,278 posts
Nomad

Thats good Strop, didn't you enter that in the Art Skills Competition?

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

SOMEONE KICK CEN UP THE BUTT TO FINISH THE MWT!!!!!!!

Oooh....I'm sooo excited! I am hoping for number 2...where people get to choose which Mod they want to be...no that wouldn't work...

I don't really know!

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

SOMEONE KICK CEN UP THE BUTT TO FINISH THE MWT!!!!!!!

THAT WOULD FLUFFIN HURT!!

Look what you made them do, Strop:<
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Bwahahahaaaa, the burden of responsibility bears upon thee! >

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Thats good Strop, didn't you enter that in the Art Skills Competition?

Yes, by some coincidence the theme started just as I was beginning work on the pic. But I've been planning this concept for months now-

Oops I said too much.
Showing 526-540 of 1567