ForumsArt, Music, and WritingStrop's sporadic scrapbook

1567 749557
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Right, so I pulled out of the previous GFX round due to not being able to finish on time. Since then I've been working on the image on-and-off and now it's finished only about a week late.

The picture shown below is half the size, the fullsize one can be found by clicking on the picture.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/technologyfinal.jpg

The full resolution pic (1280xs1024) is low quality...the high quality version is 1.1Mb and doesn't fit on photobucket xD Lame. Except I feel justified with the size...this was hand-drawn from start to finish.

I should have tidied up the sketchlines more, but wasn't actually intending to spend this much effort on it. Meh.

• 1,567 Replies
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Context is everything.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/cenditz.png

REVENGE!!! I mean, attempting to emulate the crazy deranged chibi style that Cenere has been using... I'm not very good at chibi... orz

BUT STILL!

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

REVENGE!!! I mean, attempting to emulate the crazy deranged chibi style that Cenere has been using... I'm not very good at chibi... orz

Cen looks like he's growing a pink beard, or wearing a veil over his mouth. Not his head dripping down...

At least you got the clothes right.

Ohhh, continue the novel! Finish something, then you will be famouuusss....
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Refresh the page guys, the image was edited following Cen correctly pointing out that Cen's arms were too long and his legs were... not there. It should look a bit... less weird now?

Ohhh, continue the novel! Finish something, then you will be famouuusss....

I'll finish the WoM first, THEN think about finishing the novel!
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I'll finish the WoM first, THEN think about finishing the novel!

Unless the WoM is the novel. Then the whole world will know and flock to AG and then yeah...

We're doomed.
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

'Chibi' Cenere has got some crazy five-o shadow. And I assume that's one of those faces that somehow makes his glasses disappear for that instant.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Due to the gamma settings on my computer, it looks like normal shading on my screen, but I think I know what happened. And yes, glasses would severely undermine the effect.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

We're doomed.

You're pretty positive today, Ryan. Keep it up.

Due to the gamma settings on my computer, it looks like normal shading on my screen, but I think I know what happened. And yes, glasses would severely undermine the effect.

Why do you use a gamma setting? Unless your surroundings are an unnatural color or your computer is severely damaged.

If I saw that with glasses, I can't say. It's one of those things I can amazingly not imagine...
kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

I can't even see it unless I tilt the screen. Probably because I'm colourblind.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Why do you use a gamma setting? Unless your surroundings are an unnatural color or your computer is severely damaged.

I don't understand. The NVIDIA graphics acceleration software automatically assigns the screen a degree of gamma correction. I'm using the settings that emulate my other screen- an LCD laptop screen, best.

Refresh the page guys, I corrected the image some.
PixelSmash
PixelSmash
566 posts
Nomad

Hehehe Strop... nice one Love that one! Can't say anything about the corrections, this is the first time I've seen it, but hey... good job :3

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

And as a follow-on from that, here's a sketch...

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq105/strawpony/flash.png

Yes. I know. This isn't going to do anything to rectify my already seedy reputation in this thread.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

*claps*

Looks bueno!

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

I SEE YOU THERE ASHERLEE.

MSN. Please? :3