ForumsArt, Music, and WritingStrop's sporadic scrapbook

1567 749563
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Right, so I pulled out of the previous GFX round due to not being able to finish on time. Since then I've been working on the image on-and-off and now it's finished only about a week late.

The picture shown below is half the size, the fullsize one can be found by clicking on the picture.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a268/dongstyle_ltd/Not%20photos/technologyfinal.jpg

The full resolution pic (1280xs1024) is low quality...the high quality version is 1.1Mb and doesn't fit on photobucket xD Lame. Except I feel justified with the size...this was hand-drawn from start to finish.

I should have tidied up the sketchlines more, but wasn't actually intending to spend this much effort on it. Meh.

• 1,567 Replies
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

Says the guy who has this strange aversion to bestiality... :P

*Quickly thinks of excuse* Ummmmmm... I just want to use the song to prove to myself how nasty it really is....*Hopes they buy it)
thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

possy.

One misplaced letter and that nickname could cause serious problems.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

The letters are, like, right next to each other!

...I swear I'll post an image sometime today to make up for all this off-topic. But it's huge and complicated and is taking me an inordinately long time!

thepossum
thepossum
3,035 posts
Nomad

...I swear I'll post an image sometime today to make up for all this off-topic. But it's huge and complicated and is taking me an inordinately long time!

I hopes is god =P. And that there is bestiali... I mean, I hope there ISN'T any bestiality. *Looks around with shifty eyes*
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

And that there is bestiali... I mean, I hope there ISN'T any bestiality.

THE CLOSET.

IT IS OPEN!
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

lol okay, finally. Done.

Much too large to post here.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Nice Strop! Looks simply suberb...

*stares to attempt to steal skill*

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

...don't you kids have school these days?

Because back in my day, we did. And we fell asleep right at 8pm and woke up right at 5am. And dang it, we liked it that way.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

'voidy, in case you forgot, KR and myself both live in Australia. At the time of this post, it is evening.

...However YOU live in the US, so what are you doing up at that hour?

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Well, that still is no excuse.

Extra-curricular activities. Until 8pm. When we fell asleep. Serious business, education.

I was enjoying a rare day off from my other job. And lurking. Mhmm.

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Oh Voidy, you so ancient, it's like, hardcore! If you don't take a break from burninating villagers and huts, it's really going to take a toll on your health :O

Anyway... with that poster above, I feel that credit should be given where credit is due. I took DDX's colour advice on colouring purple pimp-suit dude in the middle, and among the street art references I used, I tip my hat off to fireflyIV, who kindly gave me some style tips.

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

If you don't take a break from burninating villagers and huts, it's really going to take a toll on your health :O

Stop smoking Devy, it's bad you for uuuuu...
Because back in my day, we did. And we fell asleep right at 8pm and woke up right at 5am. And dang it, we liked it that way.

I see not much has changed over the years...

I like the new drawing Strop! The lion at the front especially protrudes out of the rest. And...

If you want detailed criticism, you'll have to ask ;=) I'd like you to decide if you want to keep the glorious opinion of the drawing.
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

If you want detailed criticism, you'll have to ask

Critique may be freely given, but I obviously reserve the right to respond accordingly. Don't forget to differentiate between observation, preference and value judgement!

Just in case the link wasn't visible, I'm testing something here... click the thumbnail to go to the image.

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/300W/f/2010/135/b/7/We__re_All_Ugly_Inside_by_strawpony.png
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

Don't forget to differentiate between observation, preference and value judgement!

Yay! Permission to give biased opinion...

Opinion

Yeah yeah yeah Strop, you're totally awesome. We all know that, and you're art makes me totally jealous. Only Zoph and DDX an keep up, and if Cenere puts his head to it instead of drawing hot bubble-heads.

The morale I learned from this image was that inside of us lies eternal torment, malice and horses with football hats.

The most noticeable and protruding figure I see is the lion. His glowing eyes and posture give him the appearance of some kind of god or hideous beast.

The bunny (What's his name? Can't remember) looks like he's in deep remorse and pain due to dark shadows on the front of him and cuz' some punk-leopard is shoving a gun at his head.

Why'd you make a bored-looking disco hound in the back? And a dog with a lighter?

In other words: Totally awesome.

Colors match each figure and part, so it doesn't look like a surrealistic drawing. A lot of detail on some parts, others not so.

I can't read the letters behind that dog. And the ones at the bottom. And if it is text, those behind the lion. But if they don't matter, the just add to the effect.

Did you miss coloring that thing at the top, or was it supposed to be so?

Zzzzz...
Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

f Cenere puts his head to it instead of drawing hot bubble-heads

But those hot bubble-heads totally make my day D:

The morale I learned from this image was that inside of us lies eternal torment...

Yay, success!

The most noticeable and protruding figure I see is the lion

The lion (Raigeki) seems to have a bit more detail than the others. The compositional center was actually supposed to be the jackal (Khale) in the purple pimp-suit next to him. I think it's because of the dreads and the glowing eyes... as well as the fact Raigeki carries the most expressed emotion in the entire poster.

The bunny (What's his name?

He's commonly known as Nes. His full name is actually Chase Williams.

looks like he's in deep remorse

He is.

Why'd you make a bored-looking disco hound in the back?

That'd be Jahari, the hyena. Well, sort of hyena but since he's a bit of a lunkhead, he gets heavier features. As one of Nes' initial friends and confidants, Jahari is a major character. His placement behind Khale's shoulder reflects that he's employed as one of Khale's lackeys.

And a dog with a lighter?

This portly daschund is known as Hound Dog (I haven't got a real name for him yet). He's a shady-looking, trash-talking "talent scout" agent who focuses on the world of bboy, and his favourite claim is that he can spot talent with his eyes shut. Just about everything about him is unhealthy, from his diet to his sedentary lifestyle to his smoking habits, but his dream of sponsoring a bboy champion keeps him alive.

I can't read the letters behind that dog. And the ones at the bottom. And if it is text, those behind the lion.

The blue graffiti reads "HDawg" (well, actually, "HDaw" as it cuts off). The green and red graffiti are abstract. The white symbol behind the chocolate brown rabbit in the top right is the rather distorted kanji for usagi (rabbit).

Did you miss coloring that thing at the top

Nope, that's the breaking foam of a wave. I was referencing Katsushika Hokusai's Great Wave, which partially reflects some of the essence of the character of the brown rabbit (Quinn, real name Usagi Sayo). It also represents the wave of everything in the picture building up to crash upon Nes' head.

SO in all, this response indicates that I've been at least partially successful in conveying what I wanted to. Which makes me happy.
Showing 1111-1125 of 1567