ForumsGamesArmor Games, Or Kongregate?

128 38472
PlatinumIce
PlatinumIce
25 posts
Nomad

Well, I'm a HUGE fan of Kongregate. I regular there several hours a day. I've got some opinions on Kongregate about what site is better, and they were (obviously) biased towards Kongregate. There were a few AG votes, though. Now, I'd like to see what you guys think. If you haven't tried Kongregate, I HIGHLY suggest you do. Here's the link right here .

Here are some pros and cons of each site, as seen by me:

Kongregate
- Has achievements for lots of popular games
- Has a built in chatroom for every game.
- Has an excellent community
- Has several Premium Games going for it

Armor Games
- Has a fantastic community
- Most of the awesome games hit AG first
- Much better rating and points system than Kongregate

So, I want YOUR opinion. Which is better, in your eyes? Oh, and if you try Kongregate, you have to make an account to experience the full features. (Foruming, Achievements, Chatrooms, etc.)

Have fun.

• 128 Replies
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

PlatinumIce: - Has a built in chatroom for every game.
- Has an excellent community

Because Kongregate has a shoutbox for every game, it is terrible. People in there think its ok to flame and spam in the box, and mods there dont do anything to stop it. That's why i quit there after joining Kongregate for 42 minutes.

And since it has a spammed-up flaming shoutbox, it doesn't really have an excellent community now does it? Points proven and solved, AG wins over Kongregate 10 fold.
Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

Platiumice, why would u put this question on AG?!! Because its not a contest cuz AG always wins!

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Not always.
But I must say that AG is the best so far.

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

In most things I think AG is better. But not all.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

That's what I was saying...

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

AG is much better because of the community and the fact that AG actually makes games, but we should try to get some kind of modified "achievement" system to gain popularity.

PlatinumIce
PlatinumIce
25 posts
Nomad

Because Kongregate has a shoutbox for every game, it is terrible. People in there think its ok to flame and spam in the box, and mods there dont do anything to stop it.

I'd have to agree on the "flaming" part, but the mods DO take action. There are just certain rooms which are unmoderated, or have crappy mods. =/ (I think this is a HUGE flaw, though. =/)

There are excellent rooms, however, which have mature conversation, and are constantly moderated.

AG is much better because of the community and the fact that AG actually makes games

Kongregate is developing about six &quotremium" games, which will be much bigger than the average flash game. As a matter of fact, Kongai was made by Kongregate. Have you seen it's success?

And since it has a spammed-up flaming shoutbox, it doesn't really have an excellent community now does it?

As said above, certain rooms are just fantastic, and have awesome communities. If you found a good room, got to know the regulars, became a regular, and became friends with the people there, you would begin to enjoy Kongregate much more than you do presently.

Even if the community only plays a negative role (Which I don't think is the case) the Achievements/cards is a HUGE boost.
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Kongregate is developing about six &quotremium" games, which will be much bigger than the average flash game. As a matter of fact, Kongai was made by Kongregate. Have you seen it's success?

which will make it so much for fun with loading
Applesin
Applesin
25 posts
Peasant

Armor Games the best!!!

hierensi
hierensi
40 posts
Nomad

i go to kong when they get good new games, but armor games usually gets them first... but i still like kong more because of the chat

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

ArmorGames' layout is just so much smoother~ Which is a big reason for why I love it.
Also, strongest plus I can see in Kongregate would be the achievements, and if we had those here - I'd spend way too much time playing, being the completionist I am. . .
So yeah, I vote AG. But I'm sure a lot of people could benefit from using both sites.

ExboMarker
ExboMarker
317 posts
Nomad

KONGREGTAE FOR EVER!!!

juan999999
juan999999
3,012 posts
Jester

Ag is smoother like Zophia said.I like the armatars and all the games and organization

powerjen
powerjen
1 posts
Nomad

I would preffer looking at myself as a multigamer. I don't have to limit myself to one website, I get the best out both worlds and many more...the game developers proffit more by more clicks, so double click your mouse, live to play and play to live!!!

jason49
jason49
15 posts
Nomad

ag is funner to me

Showing 31-45 of 128