ForumsSupport ForumAg slowing down? Is there way to many inactive accounts?

60 6376
thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

I have noticed alot of topics lately on how long it takes to fourm post, and how long it takes to lod peoples' pages. To everyone who is expeiencing this problem, the same thing is happening to me... And I thought it was just because my computer is slow, but it looks like the site is slowing down more. Out of the 140,000 users on Ag, only about 20,000 actually use their accounts! My little brother has an account on this site, and when he only hd 1 Ap, It said that he was rank #20,567 then at about 10 Ap he went all the way up to #12,432 This is really ridiculous. I think that Carlie and all the other Admins/mods need to deleate all these inactive accounts. think about it: 120,000 accounts are not even being used. They just exist with nothing on them. Think of how much faster AG would be with 120,000 less accounts! None of these problems would happen, and I'd be willing to bet that AG would be about 10 times faster...

• 60 Replies
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

a7xfan if anyone is inactive for a long period of time they should be banned. Not just the low people.

CrimsonBlade what theory? It was a suggestion, not something that explains an event. It can be done. I'm not sure how HERE in AG, but there is a way to batch an action on any site if that person had the power to. Take a random number, say 3 months. IMO it should be 1 month, but anyways...

Take three months, have it purge all members that haven't logged in for that period of time or more, click batch action. Bam, all accounts in that category deleted.

A small test? Take a mail/spam mail in a site like Gmail or Yahoo. You have the option to click everything in that section and delete it. That is a small Batch Action. Now take it more specific and say "delete all mail that is 2 months old", batch action, all mail from that time period will be deleted. See where I'm going with this?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

you know what I think it would be for the best that I let Carlie post on here before I comment to you guys any further.There is really no point in bickering like this.

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

Now we are getting some good ideas on this thred, so I belive it's not spam. In fact it is the exact oppisite, because thus thred is being used for it's intended use.

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

The only person that is bickering here is you, crimsonblade. Everyone else is supporting my theory, or saying their own ideas.

plokkey
plokkey
4,571 posts
Jester

Ag is slow because of the ads, and AG is mostly built in images, you rarely fine a spot where there is plain white. Inactive profile have nothing to do with this.

Snizz19
Snizz19
377 posts
Nomad

are you kidding theres like no adds on my comp theres like adds only on the homepage acounts and games the forums are blank the news area is blank and so is everywhere else

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

I know, I allready said that there is only one add on this thred and yet it still takes 5 minutes for it to load a comment...

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

actually I see a bookworm ad going on at the top of the screen as I am typing this.

More to the point, there are 2 hypotheses to this problem, I'm going for the 120K accounts. Even so if this isn't the problem its ridiculous , there is no point to having them on here. And yes for once Crimson Blade is helping us by saying we need a professional in here. May we get one please?

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

I agree. I'm going to ask Carlie if she can take a look at this thred and give us some answers....

juior
juior
294 posts
Nomad

Thinthingfreak i agree it is pretty slow all those users don't even use there accounts

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

120k accounts isn't a problem at all. Why do you need to get rid of something that isn't a problem?

a7xfan
a7xfan
212 posts
Peasant

if your computors slowing down ide recommend scanning your comp for virus's and stuff because those may be the problem

ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Even if it's not a problem its kind of ridiculous. There are accounts that have been registered and then the person just left it at that. Almost like the person died or something.

And if there is a virus problem does that mean that multiple people are getting viruses?? Sorry I'm going to scrap that idea I don't think there can be 20 virus cases.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Okay, those accounts were made when referrals were part of the site. Many fake accounts were made just for referrals and ap. Now since it isn't a problem, then there shouldn't be anyhting done.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Still, there are more accounts created every day that remain at 0 AP.

Showing 16-30 of 60