ForumsSupport ForumAg slowing down? Is there way to many inactive accounts?

60 6377
thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

I have noticed alot of topics lately on how long it takes to fourm post, and how long it takes to lod peoples' pages. To everyone who is expeiencing this problem, the same thing is happening to me... And I thought it was just because my computer is slow, but it looks like the site is slowing down more. Out of the 140,000 users on Ag, only about 20,000 actually use their accounts! My little brother has an account on this site, and when he only hd 1 Ap, It said that he was rank #20,567 then at about 10 Ap he went all the way up to #12,432 This is really ridiculous. I think that Carlie and all the other Admins/mods need to deleate all these inactive accounts. think about it: 120,000 accounts are not even being used. They just exist with nothing on them. Think of how much faster AG would be with 120,000 less accounts! None of these problems would happen, and I'd be willing to bet that AG would be about 10 times faster...

• 60 Replies
ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

I agree, armor games suddenly hangs up( i have a 3gb processor, so a slow computer is not the problem). I have to wait for 30 seconds before it starts loading normally. I don´t know what the problem is, but there definitely is one.

windshift
windshift
320 posts
Nomad

I wouldnt say inactive accounts take up that much space...

120,000 accounts which are just blank files...They are probably taking up very little space...

I would say the amount of links,Games and people who are actually online that lag down the system.

So I say leave the accounts there..Unless the admins delete em
Trust me..Even forum pages take up more space...And if anything I'd say games take up the most space (duh)

Stop complaining anyways...Theres better ways than to manually go through 120k accounts and delete em :s

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, it's been faster yesterday, but it's very slow again.
Any answers?

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Ok, the accounts are not slowing down AG, but why are they not cleaned out? Estel said some posts back that they were made when referrals were part of the site, and that many fake accounts were made just for referrals and Ap. That is understandable, but I highly dobut you would need 120,000 accounts just for Ap referrals.

I know I said I wasn't going to post till Carlie did,but then I got impatient,but anyways now that she has cleared that up I will answer this one question real quick,and then stop completely because it has been on here for too long at this point.Anyways the reason why is that they can't say which accounts are for sure ghost accounts,because there could be certain situations involved with those people not being active for so long,and them not having any AP.You could argue saying otherwise,but it wouldn't make any real difference in the matter.Point is that it doesn't really hurt anyone so there is no real reason to delete them.If you don't quite understand then I shall put it this way.Someone suggested that they get rid of all AP gained by commenting on others profiles,and that included all current comments.The issue was that they couldn't tell which comments were for games,and which were for others members profiles.My point is that if you can't say for a fact that it is a ghost profile then you can't treat it like one.If the comparison or the explanation was not good them tell me on my profile and I shall try to explain it better for you.
thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

Ok, I guess you are right on that, but no one has still fully explained why AG is slowing down so much. You say it's because of the adds, but I'm sure it's more then one thing. Or mabey for everyone that has noticed that AG is slowing down, it just means they have slow computers, who knows? But I created this thred in the first place to get an answer, not to have people argueing over something that really isn't the cause. All that I am asking for is that a mod/admin comes on this thred, and answers my queston. Then, crimsonblade you can happily get this thred locked. As I have said like 27 times, all I want is an answer...

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

Ok, I guess you are right on that, but no one has still fully explained why AG is slowing down so much. You say it's because of the adds, but I'm sure it's more then one thing. Or mabey for everyone that has noticed that AG is slowing down, it just means they have slow computers, who knows? But I created this thred in the first place to get an answer, not to have people argueing over something that really isn't the cause. All that I am asking for is that a mod/admin comes on this thred, and answers my queston. Then, crimsonblade you can happily get this thred locked. As I have said like 27 times, all I want is an answer...

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

i do believe it is getting slower, maybe too many comments on profiles? too many topics on forums?

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

i am pretty sure that these "dead" profiles are users that people forgot the password about and can´t access any more.

ExboMarker
ExboMarker
317 posts
Nomad

i think that they should be able to deleat accounts if they are inactive for at least 6 months

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I'm sure there working on it.

Just give them a little time.

Ardvarkeating101
Ardvarkeating101
15 posts
Nomad

all anyone has to do is ask a moderator to access the website controls and delete all accounts with 0 ap, simple

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

in the meantime try going from

control panel->network and internet->internet options->general

and delete all of your browsing history

worked4me :B

ulimitedpower
ulimitedpower
1,739 posts
Nomad

There are so many threads about this topic, but this seems the most sophisticated one, so people read here instead of making new threads, because that counts as spamming!

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

Well mabey it is the 'just active' feature. It just got removed from the site, and I noticed that at the same time the site spead up. mabey this is just a coinsidence, but I am still curious as to why it was removed.

theone
theone
394 posts
Nomad

I know there a alot of them.

Showing 46-60 of 60