ForumsSupport ForumAg slowing down? Is there way to many inactive accounts?

60 6375
thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

I have noticed alot of topics lately on how long it takes to fourm post, and how long it takes to lod peoples' pages. To everyone who is expeiencing this problem, the same thing is happening to me... And I thought it was just because my computer is slow, but it looks like the site is slowing down more. Out of the 140,000 users on Ag, only about 20,000 actually use their accounts! My little brother has an account on this site, and when he only hd 1 Ap, It said that he was rank #20,567 then at about 10 Ap he went all the way up to #12,432 This is really ridiculous. I think that Carlie and all the other Admins/mods need to deleate all these inactive accounts. think about it: 120,000 accounts are not even being used. They just exist with nothing on them. Think of how much faster AG would be with 120,000 less accounts! None of these problems would happen, and I'd be willing to bet that AG would be about 10 times faster...

• 60 Replies
ShintetsuWA
ShintetsuWA
3,176 posts
Nomad

Wow. Any reason why it just sped up so suddenly?

Helrayser
Helrayser
475 posts
Peasant

there should be a way for mods to automatically find all the inactive users and take em all off the site, and people that arent mods or admins or anything could help find them

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

What, it sped up? I never noticed.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Okay, it seems slightly faster right now.
Maybe Carlie kicked the computer again?

Helrayser
Helrayser
475 posts
Peasant

ya it does seem a little faster now for some reason

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Last time, it sped up because Carlie said she "did" something. Somebody suggested she kicked the computer, but to this day nobody knows...

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

I said I wouldn't post until Carlie did,but forget it.The point is they are not going to put this into action,and I'm not going to bother repeating myself as to why that is.Also other then this idea that they may be slowing down the site they are just pages on the site using a special template.If you ever tried to make a site(even with a free website creator)then you would have a better understanding as to how this works.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

Okay, we can stop with the "slowing down" issue now. Let's focus on inactive accounts.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

@Helrayser, that's asking for more "mini-mods." That will NEVER happen. The site undergoes drags just like anyother site does. When AG was younger, it was even WORSE. You literally couldn't get onto the site...firetail knows what I am talking about....extra accounts are not to blame.

Helrayser
Helrayser
475 posts
Peasant

If you ever tried to make a site(even with a free website creator)then you would have a better understanding as to how this works.

I've made my own website before, and those things usually slow the site down, I couldn't tell u if it is on this site, but it does on almost every other site
Helrayser
Helrayser
475 posts
Peasant

@Helrayser, that's asking for more "mini-mods." That will NEVER happen. The site undergoes drags just like anyother site does. When AG was younger, it was even WORSE. You literally couldn't get onto the site...firetail knows what I am talking about....extra accounts are not to blame.

o, well I guess that makes sense, and ya I don't care much about the speed of the site, cause mine works fast enough for me it is the accounts that are inactive that piss me off
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

helrayser could you show a link to this site of yours in a link to me on my profile so I can get a good idea of what it is like.That way I could see if there may be another issue that could be slowing it down.Anyways firetail without the argument that it slows down the site.There really is no reason that the accounts are bad,unless you come up with the idea that they are all being spammed or something,which could be resolved without them being deleted.

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

Ok, the accounts are not slowing down AG, but why are they not cleaned out? Estel said some posts back that they were made when referrals were part of the site, and that many fake accounts were made just for referrals and Ap. That is understandable, but I highly dobut you would need 120,000 accounts just for Ap referrals.

healofdeath
healofdeath
5 posts
Nomad

Crimsonblade, now i sounds like your just spamming this thread, your ranting about this thread getting closed, you say that people need to learn the way websites work and should create there own, and you said that you wouldn't post till Carlie did, and then you ended up posting anyways... Well, i think that its the thing that's running the website, maybe a virus, too much information, whatever.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I said I wouldn't post until Carlie did,but forget it.The point is they are not going to put this into action,and I'm not going to bother repeating myself as to why that is.Also other then this idea that they may be slowing down the site they are just pages on the site using a special template.If you ever tried to make a site(even with a free website creator)then you would have a better understanding as to how this works.

I have responded to this many times before in other threads. I will repeat it again. Inactive accounts are NOT making the site slower. The extra accounts are not an issue, and we will not be deleting these accounts unless it does become an issue. But again, inactive accounts are not the culprit here.
Showing 31-45 of 60