Nomad

If you could time travel, would you?
Where would you go and do?

• 93 Replies
firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,591 posts
Blacksmith

I'd go back and win the lotto, actually I'd bring hamburgers to the 18th century and trade it! (No money yet)

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I'd go back in time to the medieval age and give one side of a war tanks, guns, etc.

You already wasted your trip through time going into the past to find this thread.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

i would travel to the future to see how they solved their problems like hunger, global warming, war, crime, diseases...and travel back to the past to try to use/spread these solutions.

if you change the past you can change everything and could cause a paradox so you are non-existant. but if you travel to the future and change the past, you can only change what will be and not what was.

SirGene
SirGene
30 posts
Nomad

Go back and cure things like cancer or stop the hiroshima bomb

kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I would go to the future just to how things turned out. Would the Earth be as it is now? I hope it would be a better place to live: no wars, no crime, no hunger, ...

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Make myself filthy rich, give modern ship engine and hull designs to Caribbean pirates, and shove Hitler off the cliff by his hideout.

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Ignoring the fact that going back in time would be impossible:

I would want to go to Ancient Greece. I just think that it would be pretty cool.

acmed
acmed
3,517 posts
Nomad

Ignoring the fact that going back in time would be impossible

Stephen Hawking Disagrees

I would go back in time to... Jesus time...

I would like to see Jesus and stuff.
daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

Hawking notes elsewhere that time travel might only be possible in a region of spacetime that is warped in the correct way, and that if we cannot create such a region until the future, then time travelers would not be able to travel back before that date, so "This picture would explain why we haven't been over run by tourists from the future."

Key line. It is possible to go forward but not backwards.

Maybe I would also go to the beginning of time. That would be really cool.
imWrenn
imWrenn
9 posts
Nomad

I would invent Doritos. It would be amazing. I would be a god.

Thuran
Thuran
71 posts
Peasant

I'd probably go back to 2008 and get Obama outta the white house, LOL. Or maybe id tell George Washington to put some limits on congress, or, (Best of all) Travel to the future, get a teleportaion machine, travel to the past, go to california and dig where the biggest pieces of gold were found during the Gold Rush, COme to the Present where gold is past 1500$ an ounce, sell it all, get rich, flip off obama, buy a natural disaster resistant mansion with an indoor and outdoor pool on Hawaii and take vacations for the rest of my life, all the while owning an enormous company to keep me rich and taking vacations while letting a TRUSTWORTHY Co-President, (Probably a relative of some sort) run the place while im gone. Ill be rich, i can send my descendants (When i get some, im still a teen) to a good school so they learn how to keep the business running, then my descendants will do that with their descendants, keeping the business up for generations. Then, as i grow old, i go back in time and search for the fountain of youth...I will eventually find it because of unlimited time and my teleporation device. Once i find THAT, i will sell my plans for the teleportaion device to the government, all the while keeping mine, and time travelling/ teleporting to get whatever i need. *Pant* Pant* *Pant*...Ok, got m breath back. Well, that's all. My entire would-be plan. DO NOT STEAL IT!!! Thanks for reading, know its lengthy.
~Thuran

R3LOAD
R3LOAD
531 posts
Peasant

I'd go back and give some modern technology, like a mobile phone or something, to.. I forget who the PM was in WWI, was it Churchill? Or was that WWII? Anywho, I'd give it them, so they could win the war easily, saving the millions of deaths.

Kinda stole that from Misfits, except Hitler ends up with the phone.

OR

I'd go back 20years and meet 2pac and Michael Jackson

daleks
daleks
3,766 posts
Chamberlain

churchill was WWII.

It is funny how the majority of people want to go back in time and not fowards.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,438 posts
Jester

I forget who the PM was in WWI, was it Churchill?

Asquith and George were the PMs of WWI, Churchill was WWII.

Or maybe id tell George Washington to put some limits on congress

Such as? He was already strongly against political parties, war, debt, etc.
xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

It is funny how the majority of people want to go back in time and not fowards.

^i would travel to the future to see how they solved their problems like hunger, global warming, war, crime, diseases...and travel back to the past to try to use/spread these solutions.

if you change the past you can change everything and could cause a paradox so you are non-existant. but if you travel to the future and change the present, you can only change what will be and not what was.

sorry for the error.

Showing 16-30 of 93