ForumsWEPRGlobal Warming

933 211135
zombieslayer
zombieslayer
94 posts
Nomad

i dont beleive in global warming because i think that it is so gradual that by the time it is dangerous the next ice age will counter act it

Does any one else have any views or opinions about that?

• 933 Replies
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

That argument doesn't really hold much substance when you consider the last warming period, which occured in the Middle Ages, was miniscule when compared to the warming that we are experiencing right now.

I really doubt the cycles that small. If we could somehow get a graph of the temperatures for about a million years I'm sure this spike in temperature would mirror at least one of the others.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

I really doubt the cycles that small. If we could somehow get a graph of the temperatures for about a million years I'm sure this spike in temperature would mirror at least one of the others.

I really doubt you can find evidence from credible sources to the contrary. I win.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I really doubt you can find evidence from credible sources to the contrary. I win.

I never said you could? And that doesn't mean you win it means you have a graph and I don't. I think common sense should work for my argument which is the fact that 500 year of data isn't enough to show the complete cycle of Earth's weather.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

I think lack of evidence to support your claims means I win.

Osmar38
Osmar38
180 posts
Blacksmith

global warning its affecting us, the animals , and the plants, so its necessary to recycle paper, and other stuff to stop that problem

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I think lack of evidence to support your claims means I win.

You have a graph from Wikipedia, I hardly consider that "evidence" and even if it is true, like I said before its only 500 years the Earth's billions of years old AND you can barely trust temperature readings that are more than 300 years old due to poor records and thermometers
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

You have a graph from Wikipedia, I hardly consider that "evidence" and even if it is true, like I said before its only 500 years the Earth's billions of years old AND you can barely trust temperature readings that are more than 300 years old due to poor records and thermometers

They can take core samples of ice, and based on the different layers, they can tell huge amounts of data from their observations, including average temperature of the year. These measurements date back hundreds of thousands of years, if I'm correct.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

They can take core samples of ice, and based on the different layers, they can tell huge amounts of data from their observations, including average temperature of the year. These measurements date back hundreds of thousands of years, if I'm correct.

BUT do you have a graph????????

-.-
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

BUT do you have a graph????????

BUT do you have a graph?????????

I can do this all day.

Oh and all the sources will be cited at the bottom of the wiki page. Read them all if it pleases you.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad
hylian726
hylian726
281 posts
Nomad

ok, ive got a question for all you global warming ppl. how do explain the coming and passing of ice ages?? did wooly mammoths use to much fossil fuel and not recycle?? dont get me wrong, recycling is great and we need to protect the environment, but the earth naturally goes through these things. global warming is bantha fodder

IPwnU2Day
IPwnU2Day
395 posts
Nomad

but the earth naturally goes through these things

Precisely! The Earth is going through another natural cycle, just time for another Ice Age soon. But all the people that believe in "Climate Change" are going to say that these kinds of temperatures have never happened before. We should start a pool.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

ok, ive got a question for all you global warming ppl. how do explain the coming and passing of ice ages?? did wooly mammoths use to much fossil fuel and not recycle?? dont get me wrong, recycling is great and we need to protect the environment, but the earth naturally goes through these things. global warming is bantha fodder

The fact is that this warming period is a bit hotter and happened a bit faster than a lot in the past, THAT is a fact. However whether or not it's caused by humans is the whole debate.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Samy, 2 things.

1) I love how you criticise wikipedia for being an invalid source and then go get your graph from wikimedia, essentially the same thing.

2) I also love how, on the very same page of your graph was this one: showing how in the long term, what we are experiencing right now is different.

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

Global warming is real....human made or not, it's real.

Just got back from a 12 hour day @ the airshow, so I'm just gonna catch up a bit on threads.

Showing 871-885 of 933