ForumsArt, Music, and WritingYaltan, Massel and stuff...

50 14464
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

This thread will more or less just be here for my own "entertainment's" sake - meaning I don't wanna be told off for double or triple posting if no one comments on what I put up here.
I'm only saying this, because I know threads with stories and such tends to be forgotten. I would love comments on what I post.

Alright then.

I have two languages I'm developing for my worlds/species. I haven't worked on them for a very long time, but now I feel like getting back to it. So I'll be posting incomprehensible text here. Sometimes with a translation, mayhaps I'll even post the dictionaries in the progress...
AND THERE WILL BE TONS OF SPELLING ERRORS BECAUSE AG HATES SPECIAL CHARACTERS IN WRITING.
And there shall be pictures, for I have alphabets for my creations.

To begin with - a poem with a structure strongly based on one about Aragorn in 'The Lord of the Rings'.
I really liked the structure of that poem, and found it fitting, so changed a bunch of things and came out with a 'ost doomsday' prophecy from Hrowan (one of my worlds).

English
From the Darkness a Fire shall be woken
The King through the shadows will fall
Renewed be the World that were broken
The Ash brought to life by his Call

Danish (just because it's gibberish to most of you :P)
Fra Moerket skal en Flamme blive vaekket
Skygger vaere skyld i Kongens fald
Fornyet blive Verden som blev knaekket
Asken bragt til live af hans Kald

Yaltan (with aforementioned errors - why no n with a ~ on it??)
Ki za Othot zz'gun zan Ignan fyhr weinahn
Za Chohn zehj za Ydahrnt zohnn lushun
Hinah fyrah Hrowan ayn ehn hindahn
Za Naal charhn yy lai fu soha Vauhn

Massel (the language of mazzelhs, yay!)
narrph'ka'ond-drrthon
drru-ond'thal-un'ad
rruno'drruzon-zoph'non
rrtho'hrrunol-drrad

Enjoy the gibberish here, and the gibberish to come.

• 50 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

You as in the creator of Yaltama or a character borne from the world Yaltama?
As the artist portraying the world I can scroll from the truth behind their creation myths to their very doom and map out what happens in between.

And did it? Also if it did, is this the sort of thing that tends to repeat?
Not giving spoilers, even if there is no grand story to spoil. :P
The world does end, and there is something beyond the end, but how a prophecy forgotten in the last times of their world applies, is a good question. In older times the song was used on dark occasions, be it of war or plagues, as a song of hope, a way to keep the spirits up despite the bad things happening. All will end, but there will still be more.
Wigginometry
Wigginometry
689 posts
Nomad

even if there is no grand story to spoil. :P

I dunno, it caught my attention.

All will end, but there will still be more.

I imagine then that they must have been fairly religious to accept this belief. Are there gods to this world? Do they take an active position in how things are run?
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Saburu, Zoph. Yaltan ei gentand, Massel adfer.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Lol, that as Altian, mah language. I yooz eet too cummsincater een sroom pladec.

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

*pokes around in thread*

Noting down for self: "jaata'___" barely ___
(Jaata'lain = barely alive)

Rarw.

And questions that I apparently didn't notice when they were asked:

Are there gods to this world?
There are.

Do they take an active position in how things are run?
Not really. The Ama helps her critters out with little things, but aside from that it's more of a "keeping the world going" sort of thing. Without really caring about what the inhabitants do to each other.

The death god does have a few interferences up his sleeve, though. Sending shadows into the world occasionally.
Showing 46-50 of 50