ForumsArt, Music, and WritingMixed World Tournament - Reason (page 175)

1813 454635
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

This tournament have been created on the basis of a discussion between Thoadthetoad, Zophia and I. We were just talking about who would win, Strop, the Nergyl Child, Zophia's Hallow or my char. So, who will win, any of you, or none.

----------------------------------------------

-You know this will end up a cliche, right, Ma'm?- The white clad figure turned to look at the lanky young man behind her, her multiple eyes blinking in the light from the sinking sun. She smiles, an eerie smile, before turning her back at the humanoid again. .You should not say such a thing. Words bind, as you remember.. She looked out the window in the tall building, staring blankly at the many fields made for battle in the mixed city. It had been important to the designers that this test would push the contestants to the limit and beyond.
-This is not a good idea.- She did not even look at him, did not take his warnings seriously. [b].This will make my Lords happy. New warriors, stronger, different..
-But they don't... They will not belong here. And you know it.- His voice were angry now, but it did not touch her the slightest. .Just wait and see, little Sururrian..
She smiled once again, then waited until the sun had disappeared, and the lights had turned the main streets into rivers of light, and the alleys to dangerous traps of darkness.
It was to begin.[/b]

-

Mixed World Tournament.

This is a Multi Media Tournament. This means that both drawings, writings and mixes will be allowed, as long as it is self made.
The first couple of rounds will be used for trying to get to know the city, and fight of any creature that might attack you.
The next rounds might end up as a tournament between the contestants, for survival.
What will happen next, you will see.

The world is made up by different territories, which you might get to discover soon after arriving. The setting is much like that of a city, but with a twist, a grusome twist.
The beast living in this deserted city is something many would hope not to meet even in dreams, along with creatures of imagination and fiction.
And of course, there will be other, intelligent traps to get past.

--

They first thing to do is to either write or draw your contestant, with their equipment and pets, if there is any. Describe the contestant, how they are, their powers, strengths and weaknesses. Try to keep it as natural as possible, so your contestant will not be overpowered and without faults, or I will give them penalities sooner or later.
Also make a quick describtion or drawing of where they are at the moment before they are called. The arrival I will post as soon as the contestants are submitted.

You have untill Friday the 14th to submit your contestant to this tournament, or at least say that you will join (And is just missing a few details before you can submit)

• 1,813 Replies
crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

hmm Cenere since your taking too long on the intro to the round,I'm going to go ahead and start without it now.I just need to grab up Xzenos character sheet.Sadly I never even looked at it before,that I can remember.

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Why would you like people to die so badly? Is it just because you do not see this rpg as part of the character's storyline, or are you morbidly curios?
I am sure they will survive, but may not be intact.

It's more that I have just never seen an RPG were charecters that leave are continued. Thats all.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Eh heh... I want to do my homework first, I just... Procastinate a LOT. And start too late, and... You are welcome to scold me big time, because I am being a jerk about this... Generally there will be nothing changed from the script to the official intro, other than it should be way more fleshed out...

Oh, and seem to be a somewhat common mistake earlier: The humm is the signal to start the fight. There is not more sound after that, really. Nothing like "start the fight" or anything.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

It's more that I have just never seen an RPG were charecters that leave are continued. Thats all.

Huh? Strop is having the MWT as a part of the SoS, Kai and Akuma are having lives after this, Ezale and Hallow as well.
I would hate to in a rpg where my character is killed, just because he made a mistake. Near death is fine, stuff like that, but I would hate to loose a character entirely because of a rpg.
Might just be me letting my characters be alive, but: if a character is killed in a book or a game, would you expect to see them ever again in the next games or books?
Only Sherlock Holmes has done that, and Doyle made a nice little explaination because of the "death". Actually, poor Doyle, since he had to revive a dead character, just because his readers where furious... Anyway. I just see a rpg as a part of the character's life, and it gives them experience they can learn and grow from.
thoadthetoad
thoadthetoad
5,642 posts
Peasant

Actually, poor Doyle, since he had to revive a dead character, just because his readers where furious... Anyway. I just see a rpg as a part of the character's life, and it gives them experience they can learn and grow from.

I kinda know how that feels, a bunch of people were freaking out because I was killing woody (a chunk of wood) in the story of faceless :P
I doubt I'll ever continue that, e1 hates it :P
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

I remember Woody! Hmm, I just think you need something like structure, because I get a headache while reading it > >..

skater_kid_who_pwns
skater_kid_who_pwns
4,375 posts
Blacksmith

Hrm...i see your point cen. i guesse i just have some bad expirence in RPG's. But i will be makeing dingsly continue.

Anyhow, what is the SoS? Or is that a stupid questio nwhich will point me i nthe direction of the FAQ?

Thoad, I am still MAGERLY pissed that you killed woody. I'm comeing for you still.....once i figure out....how to....get to you....

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

It's more that I have just never seen an RPG were characters that leave are continued. Thats all.

aww what no respawns?the way I see it this is more of a collaborated story telling competition then anything...oh wait thats pretty much all an RPG is sometimes huh?Well anyways I think I will pass on having my characters killed off just so I can have them revived again later on for some other agenda.This is not like many of the RPG's on AG though as many of these characters are on other threads and such,so they don't start off in an RPG,don't expect them to end there.
Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

wow...
How long is this tournament going to last?

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

@Skater: Mayhaps. GMs killing off characters is a bad GM.
SoS= Story of Strop.

@Crimson: Well, each their way of playing. I would be bloody pissed, if someone decided to kill off my character. Not unless it was some random character for the occasion, then I might tolerate it, but rpgs are not made to kill people (unlike what most live players seem to think).

@Agent: Lasted three months, there is yet another week left.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

hey Cenere I'm going with the Title Strop gave this round until you give it one,and I'm done with the submission(could be a draft if I choose to change anything.Either way I'm done and here it is(it is quite long sorry)

Attacked and Alone, and Against all Odds

"Yeti...wake up....come on...wake up Yeti"
Sasquatch was still carrying his unconscious sister through what now seemed to be a desert.He looked at her,and knew he would not be getting her help this time around.He would have
to think for himself.He looked around at the desolate wasteland.He saw in the distance a guy shooting giant mutant creatures with what looked like a bell pepper launcher...except
it didn't shoot bell peppers,but instead a series of tubes that exploded on impact.
"HOLY EXPLETIVE EXPLETIVE EXPLETIVE!!!!!"yelled a shocked Sasquatch,talking to himself.
"Seriously whats with this place.First we face a gaint monster made of Blood,then a weird demon,THEN a ninja donkey...or well horse..pony thing or whatever,and now...a pants less
green thing that carries a bunch of odd metal things...what are those things anyways?"Stopping his rant long enough to realize he is still talking to himself,he looks at the
where the creature was and noticed it was gone.He looked around and behind himself, right before the alien stuck his shotgun into Sasquatch's mouth.Again another one of his enemies
kept quiet,which at this point was getting old for him.Although he didn't quite understand what this thing was,so he assumed that the alien was trying to offer him metal as food.So
he took a bite out of it,Making the triple barreled shot gun into a triple sawed off shotgun.The alien backed away quickly to recover his gun before it got turned into a pistol.Sasquatch
spit out the metal in disgust,and dropped his sister down.As he did that more zombies surrounded them,attacking both of them.Sasquatch crushed one of their heads almost on accident as he
defended himself.The alien still wanted to defeat him,but was preoccupied with other things at the moment.Shooting another rocket at the zombies.As they cleared Sasquatch attempted to
take advantage and attack the alien.Throwing a single punch in its direction,only to be blocked by a shield generator.He punched again only to once again be blocked.He summoned a bell pepper
throwing it at the alien only to have it have the same effect on the creature.He had to block off more zombies after this giving him very little energy to do much against his enemy.
He swung hid fists randomly at the creatures knocking heads off,and sending many of them flying.Then all of a sudden as he knocked the last few out of his way,a giant tube flew in his direction.
It was one of the aliens rockets.It hit him dead on,sending him flying into the air.He gave up all hope of winning,as he hit the ground surrounded by zombies,a desert, and an alien with tons
of weapons in hand.He waited to be finished,as he heard a strange voice in his head, he had never
heard before...
"get up....get up....GET UP YOU USELESS CREATURE!!!!...hmm it seems I will have to help you
out for once.I will lend you this energy to defeat your opponent.Don't waist it..."The voice rung
in his head.It was deep and had a dark,deep tone to it,like that of an overlord almost.He started feeling what seemed like the largest surge of adrenaline he had ever felt.He felt
like he could do anything,and he knew thats what he would have to do to defeat his opponent and his shield.He concentrated all the new found energy into a single point.He had to
concentrate his fire element from single flames,to a pure inferno in sword form.This energy turned into a large sword made purely out of flames,red as blood and almost as hot as the
Earth's core.It was the Crimson Blade of 55.He knew it was his only chance now attack and finish the fight.He charged through the horde of enemies with his sword,towards the alien who prepped his rocket to finish his enemy.Sasquatch struck the shield breaking straight
through it cutting the rocket in half.It missed the alien barely,destroying only his shield and weapon.Sasquatch could have finished him here and now,but was done.He no longer had the
energy to fight.He thought about how he failed his sister....wait what happened to her anyways...*BOOM* another explosion rang in his ears.He thought it was a rocket,but realized
he had destroyed the rocket.He opened his eyes,seeing his enemy down on the floor.His sister once again saved him at the last minute, almost like a bad cliche gone ever so wrong.
"How did you do that...you didn't have any bell peppers"Sasquatch asked her quietly as she attempted to help him up falling down to the sands herself.
"All I need is an empty vessel to concentrate my energy into.."She told him pointing towards
a limp zombie charred with burns,from electricity.
"you...used...a zombie"He said starting to become even more dreary,hesitating after every word
so,almost barely half awake.The zombies all turned to sand as they laid there.
"Well it seems like we are finally done...all of our enemies are defeated"Yeti told him.
"wha wer' we evan fighte'n for any...ways" his speech had become slurred as he was starting
to fall asleep.Yeti thought for a second trying to understand what he had just said.
"It seems I never really thought about that.What was the purpose of all of this...hmm I guess we may find out soon enough..."Yeti looked at Sasquatch.He started snoring,as he had falling completely asleep.She smirked and laid there waiting...not knowing what was to come...

Fin

Hope you liked it!!!

Strop
Strop
10,816 posts
Bard

Hm, the only objection I have there is that I don't think the Crimson Blade of 55 was OOC introduced and would therefore be God-modding, but as a reference I found it awesome. So I'll leave it to Cenere to decide on its legitimacy.

I may end up waiting here until everybody else is finished before I start drawing the submission, but I will do some concepts for the parts only to do with my characters.

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/kingryanv/charlie-1.gif

kingryan
kingryan
4,196 posts
Farmer

Now with sound?

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5efOI2TSO44[/url]

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

introduced and would therefore be God-modding,

Well that is one thing I really do not like about RPG's is there is no real room for certain things in the plot,and its not a real weapon as it was made from his element.In fact it was really just a part of his fire element so he didn't really summon it or anything,but forged what looked like a sword purely out of flames.So I would think it really isn't god modding,but just using Sasquatch's powers in an unusual way.I just hope Cenere sees it the same way.
Showing 1396-1410 of 1813