ForumsWEPREvolution, creationism and the school cirriculum

697 104830
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Well to start out i dont beleive in evoltuion so the fact that other things cant be taught really ticks me off but i just want to see what people think and why.

• 697 Replies
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

The whole idea of this thread is to debate whether or not evolution should be the only thing taught in schools. The whole argument is based off of a perceived weakness in the evolutionary theory or a strength of the christian creationist theory, which we are debating back and forth. It cuts to the very core of the argument itself.

Yes, and discussing the weak parts in any of these, is not off topic, as you do not discuss the topic?

Anyway, I did not say, that evolution is wrong, just that there are parts, like the supereye which some primitive creatures have that point towards an evolution that is controlled to some degree.

As for the life part that comma is the boundary between the univers existing so that any lifeform could live there, and a universe being so much out of balance that there would be no way life could exist.
I am sure there is life somewhere in the universe, just saying that the risk for no life AT ALL is/was really big.

I ve already said that creationism should be taught/introduced, but no more. Just to show the possibility of something have had some degree of control.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

All right, so how would they dinosaurs going extinct be explained according to ID?

Before the flood there was a thicker atomosphere the dinosaurs dies because they didnt have the right kind of lungs, also early humanoids or deformed or mutated humans i say the second but his is a really debatable part if the er debate
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Oh, and I am sorry that I might have said something wrong about the topic. I just see it as off topic, when people start to discuss is something is right or wrong, as if the topic was about that.

And a combination between creationism and evolution. Why do you all see to think it is all wrong, that there cannot be two theories in one? Anyway, ill and tired, so do the discussion yourself...

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Let me clear something up though i like to keep an open mind yes i do believe fiercly in creationism but i still want evolution to be taught or else nothing would change everything would still be biased which is so far off from what i want

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

Before the flood there was a thicker atomosphere the dinosaurs dies because they didnt have the right kind of lungs,

If they couldn't survive because of the atmosphere, then dinosaurs wouldn't have lived long enough to reproduce. There also wouldn't be so many different types of dinosaurs dating to different time periods, in different parts of the world.
razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

It's not so much that I think that theistic evolution COULDN'T occur, just that I think that the whole point is religious, NOT scientific and therefore not even appropriate to be brought up in the science classroom.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

[/quote] Before the flood there was a thicker atomosphere the dinosaurs dies because they didnt have the right kind of lungs,

If they couldn't survive because of the atmosphere, then dinosaurs wouldn't have lived long enough to reproduce. There also wouldn't be so many different types of dinosaurs dating to different time periods, in different parts of the world.[/quote]

The time between adam and the flood isnt clear so dinosaurs easily could have made it to many parts of the world before the flood even happened

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Actually,according to the Bible, it's very, very clear.

Look up the geneologies, which supposedly trace from Adam to Noah, if you believe the Bible.

jonnypants23
jonnypants23
1,353 posts
Farmer

There should be a wide varitie of religians taught.

GreatestSoloEver
GreatestSoloEver
1,361 posts
Nomad

Before the flood there was a thicker atomosphere the dinosaurs dies because they didnt have the right kind of lungs,
If they couldn't survive because of the atmosphere, then dinosaurs wouldn't have lived long enough to reproduce. There also wouldn't be so many different types of dinosaurs dating to different time periods, in different parts of the world.
The time between adam and the flood isnt clear so dinosaurs easily could have made it to many parts of the world before the flood even happened

That is a great theory...
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

That's assuming that the bible is correct.
tempo013
tempo013
581 posts
Nomad

They shouldn't teach any origin of life because of extremeists but hey should describe all the different theories.

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

That's assuming that the bible is correct.

I remember there was once a documentary showing evidence on how the great flood(The one told about in the story of Noahs Arc)it has been awhile since I have seen the documentary,but they showed how there are signs still today,that point toward the world once being flooded.One of the theories about the great flood was that before it.The sky had a much heavier atmosphere in which all of the water came from.This also explained why people in that time live for a much longer time then they do now.The thing is the UV rays from the sun,while they are a source of warmth,and energy.They also cause people to age faster.So if we had a thicker atmosphere.This could in theory possibly allow us to live longer.Although I don't know the full details,so I can't garuantee that all of the info I just posted is entirely accurate,word for word,but overall the ideas may be.
Ciffro389
Ciffro389
1 posts
Nomad

i dont beleive in evolution but it dosent bug me that it is being taught in the schools. beacuse i went to a private christian schools all my life but the weird thing is we were still taught the theroy of evolution, weird i know, but i also think that other things such as creation should be taught, beacuse we are a land of understanding and freedom but we only teach one idea and then say its the only thing that is out there and discriminate people for what they have their faith in

crimsonblade55
crimsonblade55
5,420 posts
Shepherd

Uh, no.
People live longer NOW than they did a LONG *** time ago.
Simple stuff.
MEDICAL ADVANCES WHEN APPLIED = LONGER LIFE.
WOOHOO, I LIVE LONGER THAN THE 40 YEARS PEOPLE LIVED BACK THAN!

you do realize I am referring to biblical times and not 40 years ago right?During that time.Many biblical figures were said to have lived for hundreds of years.So unless you have lived to be 500 years or something to that effect,then that argument has no substance to it.
Showing 61-75 of 697