ForumsGamessniper or machine gun?

431 93372
bladerunner
bladerunner
232 posts
Nomad

when i play video games i choose the sniper rifle mostly cause i'm good at it. also plzzzzzz plz plz plz plz plz DON'T mark this as spam all of my previous threads are locked cause some 2 year old thread might be about the same thing.

• 431 Replies
Cookieknight
Cookieknight
3 posts
Nomad

depends wat kind of sniper and wat kin of machine gun

JinShade
JinShade
16 posts
Nomad

Hmmmm.. Confusing choice, they both have their faults in them. Sniper Rifle shoots pretty slow and only accurate at long ranged distance. While Machine Gun rapidly attacks without any good accuracy. But since its ground, I pick Machine Gun.

v1ct0rym0n5t3r
v1ct0rym0n5t3r
33 posts
Nomad

I don't like submachine guns much and use a sniper instead. so sniper.

mindpriest
mindpriest
10 posts
Farmer

Sniper all the way ! one shot one kill it was the deal

rebuild
rebuild
35 posts
Nomad

I will go with the mg
Browning
WW2 hmg
Fires 50 cal. bmg rounds same as the barret 50 cal. and as50
used in tanks so i will be protected agaist sniper fire
can clear out many people in a room without you entering it
just as powerful as a sniper see reason 2 for why

thehero3000
thehero3000
16 posts
Peasant

i like to snipe stuff so the sniper

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

Since this is about video games, nope. There's a thing called quick scoping. Which is very effective if you have the skill.
as i'm sure you very well know (matrix) i hate quickscoping with a passion, in MW2 before it was overrun with them i did snipe but then not so much after they came in, in fact i actually wished i had been killed because i accidentally quickscoped a guy. and quickscoping gets rid of the balance that snipers are supposed to have, their big weakness is supposed to be that they aren't effective at long range, quickscoping gets rid of that weakness and makes the guns unbalanced

~manly man
Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,607 posts
Nomad

and quickscoping gets rid of the balance that snipers are supposed to have, their big weakness is supposed to be that they aren't effective at long range, quickscoping gets rid of that weakness and makes the guns unbalanced

I've really never saw a game which balenced the sniper rifle since they usually make other bullets from guns really weak since you can spray and snipers one hit kills since limited ammo and long reloads so if there is a limited amount of people you could just run around and one hit kill everyone while the machine gun requires a longer time to kill and have alot of accurate placements of the bullets while the sniper only needs one accurate placement.

Actually one game I played balenced the sniper rifle well(actually in the game it was your hand) by having it where if you didn't scope in it would barely do damadge and you needed to "charge" the shot by scoping in for about 5 seconds to get it to max power.
slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

In every gun fight a machine gun has the advantage, you can easily take out a quickscoper unless he has the quickest reactions ever. I don't see why many people complain about quickscoping it's harder than using a regular gun. Snipers only have 1 shot to kill someone if he misses then he's most likely dead.

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Machine gun, because it's shooting pretty much in every direction (like some 30 degrees or something) and it shoots a lot more bullets then a sniper rifle so......... yeah.

Ghostbishop
Ghostbishop
8 posts
Nomad

Sniper rifle because I am more conservative with my ammo.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

depending very much of the gameplay of the game.
the shooters i used to play. usualy had both and were balanced because people were moving around alot and you always had to watch your back. you couldn't just sit somewhere for 30 sec or more sniping people (or even 15) the sniper (and about 2 others) were used for long range shots/battles. and the closer the enemy was. the more spray weapons came to hand.
all (14) weapons had their own weak and strong points and needed different tactics.

in most games today i would choose the sniper. it will be like duckhunt =P

BritHennerz
BritHennerz
408 posts
Farmer

Machine gun all the way. Spray and pray is the way to play!!!!!

rso_id
rso_id
3 posts
Nomad

Personally, I like machine guns. they are better in every way exept for accuracy.

MrMoneh
MrMoneh
78 posts
Nomad

Machine gun, due to the fact that I am terrible at sniping and staying in one place.

Showing 376-390 of 431