post your vote on RuneScape Or WOW

Runescape FTW!!

M3110

• 291 Replies
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Not all games are pointless if you think about it. They're are contest games and such were you win money..

So there's a point in that.

And ppl post to say they're opinion. Not to spam like you just did.

rockmaiden1
rockmaiden1
162 posts
Nomad

I vote for Runescape!

Imacow
Imacow
8 posts
Nomad

asking the question "Runescape or World of Warcraft?" is like "Banana or Apple?" - depends on which one suits your taste best.

I could write a whole damn essay on World of Warcraft, considering the amount of time I've put into it. I started playing not long after it first came, already being a fan of the Warcraft franchise, and continued playing on/off right up until before Wrath of the Lich King.

at first play, the game is fun at first. it's simple to pick up and play, it's colourful, the landscapes are vast and look good and you can see and interact with all the other players around you, which is novel. unfortunatly, when the glamour fades off, you notice it's better to play with friends, usually on things like Skype or the in-game voice chat. I guess it helps with playing the game, like most MMO's it's a grind game, and grinding without talking, chatting or listening to music can be hell.

as for Runescape, it's a completly different aspect, you start with a tutorial; to be completly fair, it's easy to grasp and pick up, and only a good few minuets later you can finish and hit the main game.

Runescape got boring for me after level 65, I got bored of virtually everything that the game offered.

I can't fairly judge either games, I stopped playing Runescape years ago. I still play World of Warcraft on/off every so often. It's a different state of mind from 9-years old to 15-years old. I look at games differently now.

I could easily write lots about both games, advantages, disadvantages, but it's not worth it.

If I had to choose, I'd go World of Warcraft. Runescape doesn't have the playability that it did a few years ago.

Veobahamut
Veobahamut
887 posts
Nomad

asking the question "Runescape or World of Warcraft?" is like "Banana or Apple?" - depends on which one suits your taste best.

I could write a whole **** essay on World of Warcraft, considering the amount of time I've put into it. I started playing not long after it first came, already being a fan of the Warcraft franchise, and continued playing on/off right up until before Wrath of the Lich King.

at first play, the game is fun at first. it's simple to pick up and play, it's colourful, the landscapes are vast and look good and you can see and interact with all the other players around you, which is novel. unfortunatly, when the glamour fades off, you notice it's better to play with friends, usually on things like Skype or the in-game voice chat. I guess it helps with playing the game, like most MMO's it's a grind game, and grinding without talking, chatting or listening to music can be hell.

as for Runescape, it's a completly different aspect, you start with a tutorial; to be completly fair, it's easy to grasp and pick up, and only a good few minuets later you can finish and hit the main game.

Runescape got boring for me after level 65, I got bored of virtually everything that the game offered.

I can't fairly judge either games, I stopped playing Runescape years ago. I still play World of Warcraft on/off every so often. It's a different state of mind from 9-years old to 15-years old. I look at games differently now.

I could easily write lots about both games, advantages, disadvantages, but it's not worth it.

If I had to choose, I'd go World of Warcraft. Runescape doesn't have the playability that it did a few years ago.

You owned the thread I think.
Raxel
Raxel
129 posts
Nomad

obviously u have only done f2p quests which have a crap storyline. many members quests have crap storylines too but many secrets are uncovered. in fact i cannot wait till the next while guthix sleeps quest comes out. everything that occurs in that quest was unexpected to me but i wont tell u what happens. and on the fact that i have never read a book well then... wtf man. i have read the following and more:
Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, Contest, The Temple, Area 7, Scarecrow, 7 wonders, the bounty hunt one... all of Matthew Riely's books, all the Harry Potter books, hundreds of random books that are not in series, i dunno cant remember all the books ive read.

I was previously a level 97 member of runescape. To say I have only done the F2P quests is an assumption and a very poor one at that. It would be a bit... impossible, for me to provide any sort of review for Runescape's story without reading it, after all... And what I read was absolute CRAP.

I'm a bit impressed that you have read ANYTHING, even simple books such as those... Also Harry Potter became a money sink of crappy writing and half-thought out plot lines after the third book. (Imo)

In WoW what is the point of PvP other than glory? there is no risk on your behlf other than spending a few gold on repairing your stuff when you die. also magic is easy to train on Runescape as any player would know. in runescape using the correct order of spells can win you the fight. obviously you have never heard of the spell vengeance which inflicts massive pain upon your enemy. no... you wouldnt of heard of that because you have never really done anything much on runescape.

You are wrong. PvP is an extremely rewarding system in world of warcraft, but the rewards are purchased from the game by use of honor points from kills and marks of honor from victory in major battles, rather than STOLEN MERCILESSLY IN AN UNFAIR COMPETITION BY STRANGERS FROM STRANGERS. *Cough*. Sorry, its just Runescape PvP is quite possible the most blatant time sink I have ever laid eyes on. Also using spells in the right order is far from anything special(Or good, for that matter.), even Sonny has tedious combat spell rotations.

PvP aside, you are still assuming I have never played the game I have criticized. Magic training in runescape is a series of tedious farming runs that are DEPENDENT on other trade and combat skills. It is IMPOSSIBLE to level up magic without having some degree of runecrafting (or whatever its called) or a vast amount of money which can only be gained through other skills or combat... Which you also need to get the various staffs and robes that make mages remotely viable and not just glorified magic archers.

when the person said you must make many accounts on WoW they meant you need many characters. this is true to take full advantage of the skills in world of warcraft and to be every class and race. personally i would stick to one character and train him the best i could. that is for every game. there is way wore incentive to own multiple accounts in WoW. what happens when you reach lvl 80, max your professions and get the best items? you make a new account of course. it is hard to max all your skills in runescape and rank can constantly be gained. there is always something to train in runescape.

This is where it becomes painfully obvious that you are a hypocrite... You haven't played WoW at all, have you?

First and foremost, you do not have to play any more than one character, and many people don't. This isn't because of some arbitrary desire to have all your eggs in one basket, it is because the CLASSES. ARE. DIFFERENT. That isn't limited to the spells, either. A rogue plays differently than a mage, who plays differently than a warrior, who plays differently from a hunter, who... etc. You're arguing that there should only be one character who can do everything, and that's a nice concept. I would support a uniclass MMO... If it was done -right-. (Hint: Runescape does it wrong)

The list of things to do at 80 is longer than the list of things to do in Runescape that aren't "Farm this repeatedly" (See: Does it wrong)... Which just so happens to be the entirety of Runescape's high-level content you have described. I could just disregard this and say "WoW has better gameplay" and be inarguably correct.. but for sake of debate, I'm going to explain everything you can do end game.

1: Raid ((It is a very difficult task to get all the best weapons and armor, in spite of you playing it off as tedium. It requires a solid understanding of your class and the game, as well as 9-24 other people with the same depth of skill, and MONTHS to stand a chance at getting some of the best gear... Oh, and did I mention that it is estimate that only 5% of players will be able to experience new content while it is still new? Yeah, this isn't a matter of stockpiling lobsters and prayer pots.))
2: PvP ((WoW's action filled and (optionally) objective based PvP is FAR more developed, FAR more balanced (Admittedly not COMPLETELY balanced), and in every imaginable way more FUN... Except one. And that one way is winning by default because you have better gear than some one else, which is a Runescape favorite I suppose.) ))
3: RP ((A Curve ball! WoW has a solid roleplaying community that takes advantage of its superior (existent) storyline. In fact, there are entire servers devoted to those seeking to immerse themselves in the world of Azeroth, something which Runescape can not compete with.))
4: Professions ((Leveling a profession is not the hardest task in the world, but it requires a truly devoted player to MASTER it. The amount of recipes, schematics, and plans for professions in the game is staggering. I have yet to meet anyone with a "complete" profession, though it is a bit unusual to try.))
5: Exploration ((To this day, I still haven't seen all there is in WoW, and its lush environments often makes the discovery of new things and places quite exciting))

i admit i have met many immature runescape players and they ruin the game for everyone. cant wait till jagex brings out mature player only worlds...

and on your little thing on how all this is totally bias look at your own arguments at least. when i say mature minds i mean a mind with a good imagination.

*Cough* WOOOOSH *Cough*

... >_> does he seriously even read this?

Also, for the sake of completeness.
when i say mature minds i mean a mind with a good imagination.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman]
36 posts
Nomad

do you have a quest cape?

36 posts
Nomad

what books have u read?

Flatlined
Flatlined
17 posts
Nomad

WOW is better

Armour
Armour
16 posts
Nomad

WHY IS THIS EVEN A CONTEST!?!? WOW is a real game, runescape is just some free thing that is okay for being free (definitely not worth paying for)

36 posts
Nomad

Runescape will always have quests which means there is always something to do. You can exceed the 99 skill xp also. On top of that you can always gain more rank. Professions are not that hard to level on wow. They only have hundreds of levels to get through and many thousands of gold to level. WoW may always have its achievements which can be fun but it depends on what you feel like doing. Btw lobsters are crap food. Go get some monkfish lol. Or even better a shark. Wow has a crap community where not many will talk to you and many of them are a bunch of anti-sociable nerds who just stare at a screen and dont say anything. Well anyway the books I listed earlier were books with a decent storyline. I must add ive read the entire bible, books on the study of the mind, books on depression, controversial books, you name it ive read it. In my younger years I read all the Eion Colfer books, Hatchet series and more. so donât you go telling me that I havnt read any books.

DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

Well one thing that is different is the system requirements, Runescape requires a lot lower specs, so you don't need that good of a computer to run it. WoW however asks a bit more, so you can expect that it will be a lot better.

Raxel
Raxel
129 posts
Nomad

Lets focus on the only thing you said relevant to this debate.

Wow has a crap community where not many will talk to you and many of them are a bunch of anti-sociable nerds who just stare at a screen and dont say anything.

*Points and laughs*
36 posts
Nomad

well its true. i have been there seen that and no one helps the lower levels. or it must of been the server i was on... maybe it was the only bad one

36 posts
Nomad

now answer my other questions if you are brave enough... u come in all big headed and give me one stupid response. come on now im sure u can fight on man. what is your runescape username? have u maxed out your professions in WoW yet? ha ha haa we should be saying in this thread what is better "Star Wars Galaxies" or "World of Warcraft" as they are both CD games

36 posts
Nomad

WoW has a balanced combat system eh? well who has been overpowered lately i wonder... at one point World of Warcraft has an overpowered class. once was Warlocks, da da daaa. some classes are better than others at some things. however in Runescape jagex tries to make everything equal. the combat triangle currently is swayed towards melee/range while magic is a "bonus" in combat.

Showing 136-150 of 291