ForumsWEPR[necro] Legalization of Marijuana

794 146558
ligaboy
ligaboy
1,052 posts
Peasant

I know that there is a topic about legalizing drugs, but I wanted to talk about Marijuana specifically.

Marijuana was banned in 1937 in the US and is now said to be a gate-way to more dangerous illegal drugs. However in this current state of economy I think we'd be better off with the legalization of marijuana. First, it would provide jobs for people. Second, more tax money to the government. Third, it would decrease sale to minors.

• 794 Replies
Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

uh... obviously I didnt say all sayings were correct bud

I was telling you that "Fight fire with fire " was wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right.
sensanaty
sensanaty
1,094 posts
Nomad

People don't sell pot for fun, they do it because they're desperate.

And they sell it because when they were young , they were retards so they didnt learn , and then never finished High School wich made them start selling drugs -.-
DDX
DDX
3,562 posts
Nomad

I was telling you that "Fight fire with fire " was wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right.

3 lefts make a right actually.

And they sell it because when they were young , they were retards so they didnt learn , and then never finished High School wich made them start selling drugs -.-

no they sell because their friends don't have ready access to weed. many dealers are elected from their group of peers who has the best connections ect. most reasonable person. and that single person provides for a community often than not they are good people and generally don't make amazing profits as the whole sellers.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

No offense, but that was pretty stupid. Have you ever seen a successful grow op? People don't grow weed because they are stupid, but because they want easy money.

Growers who sell weed within their own communities will grow for themselves and their friends, though they also tend to sell for a profit as well, you could say, a bonus.

Those who resell weed tend to be smart as well. They aren't always smart, but they generally are. After all, it is business and does take some understanding with how business works.

So please, don't say such BS because you can't get past your bias.

Watch this.

You are now on my list. I will no longer reply to you unless you post how much of the video you have watched. If you only watched 10 minutes, tell us. If you decided to reply without watching it at all, let us know. The same holds true for everyone, because I want to make sure people hear both sides of the argument.

I encourage others to do what I'm doing, I believe it will either open people up to why marijuana should be legalized or stir arguments that have actual substance behind them.
shadowfyre541
shadowfyre541
61 posts
Peasant

@NoName & Klaus: ALRIGHT ALRIGHT I WATCHED THE WHOLE ENTIRE DARNED VIDEO ALREADY, JEEZ...

I'll admit to my stereotypically biased views on marijuana, so stop dissing me about it, though otherwise my previous comments generally support the legalization of marijuana regardless of my views of its effects.

Meh, back to the topic at hand, money is a great motivator to doing anything, much less something in such great demand.

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

weed is actually more harmful than cigarrettes, it still builds tar, damages your lungs, AND AN ADDED DOWNSIDE, kills a lot of brain cells. but, it's still a long term thing if your looking at fatalities. way less harmful than most drugs.

Um actually this is all false.... weed isnt actually more harmful than cigarettes... It doesnt include all the chemicals cigarettes do. It only includes THC and the bud itself.. Nothing else. Sure it can sorta damage your lungs, but thats all fixed in a couple weeks of not smoking it. It doesnt kill brain cells... Again another false myth provided to you by the government and schools. Doesnt cause fatalities at a long term. Not one person i know has died from marijuana smokage later in life... Stop taking stuff from government biased sites. They on purposely take things to the farthest extreme possible and put it on there so people wont smoke it.

Don't tell people they need to try marijuana before they can judge it. If that's the case, you would be a hypocrite to judge meth, cocaine, or suicide.
I say the only requirement to judge marijuana is to do research on it. I did a speech on marijuana, and after school a classmate who smoked marijuana came up to me and said he learned a lot from the speech. He didn't even know that marijuana was so darn close to being harmless. He was smoking marijuana while under the impression that it was bad for him. Now THAT is foolish.

Well i guess what i typed and what i wanted to say came out wrong. Either way, the point i was trying to say is that im tired of people who are ignorant when it comes to weed. They hear what teachers say presume its 100% correct, and then repeat the words on hear as if they know what they take about. I suppose i mean to say, id just rather have these people fully understand the effects of weed before presuming weed can kill you.

@nonconformist: just get out.

errrrr... um wow?!?

edit* @nonconformist: mybad, use quotes next time.

Actually im just saying what was happening through me when i smoked weed for a year. Basically just the effects that happened through my body and how i felt while i was high. My paranoid friend got all the information for what happens to your body (not from gov sites) so i have no idea what sites i can reference. And lastly, im not gonna try and find quotes out there to say my experiences while under the drug... All i know is it doesn't do any harmful dmg to your body... at best it causes you to feel a high and causes your brain to release hormones. There is no tar, or any other chemicals (unless your weed is laced with acid, which dealers dont do anymore cuz acid is costly...) the only chemicals your breathing in is that of the paper, or anything on the pipe itself.

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

K i watched it all haha xD. Thank you noname. finally spread some light on the subject, and should help ignorant people actually see the truth behind marijuana

gopher517
gopher517
9 posts
Nomad

well, as i have heard marijuana is actually healthier than smoking cigarettes if this is true than make marijuana legal and cigarettes illegal, the government would need to make laws such as 21+ to smoke and no smoking and driving/ high behind the wheel

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

well, as i have heard marijuana is actually healthier than smoking cigarettes

Actually this is not true. Marijuana smoke contains nearly 4x the carbon monoxide as tobacco smoke. There are many other chemicals released by the burning of marijuana that are extremely detrimental to your body, just as there are with cigarettes.

However, I firmly believe that all recreational drugs should be legalized, monitored, and taxed. By doing so we eliminated the criminal element from drugs and remove the primary source of income of criminals from petty street gangs to organized crime and cartels.

This would allow us to control the quality of the product, use the multi billions of dollars spent on drugs to improve our infrastructure and education system, eliminate our multi million dollar 'war on drugs' spending and earmark those funds for more beneficial programs, like education and job training, that will reduce the number of citizens that use drugs, and fund more rehabilitation programs to ensure that anyone who wants off of drugs can get the treatment they desire free of charge.

Not only will legalization eliminate the criminal element surrounding drugs, but it will also eliminate the social stigma placed on them. No longer will drugs be seen as a 'cool' way to rebel, but simply as something else to do.
ColoradoBiker
ColoradoBiker
33 posts
Nomad

I live in Denver, Colorado. It is legal here (within restrictions). As well, there are legal dispensaries all across the state. This is not the mile "high" city for nothing.

Now for myself, I smoked it in college, but now, I do not look down on it, I accept it for what it is. Those that smoke it (or ingest it) may (or may not) need it for medical reasons.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

Actually this is not true. Marijuana smoke contains nearly 4x the carbon monoxide as tobacco smoke. There are many other chemicals released by the burning of marijuana that are extremely detrimental to your body, just as there are with cigarettes.

Actually, marijuana is healthier or, rather, less harmful than cigarettes. Cigarettes produce more tar and are linked to cancer. Marijuana isn't. I don't think it's fair to say marijuana is more unhealthy simply because there's more carbon monoxide in the smoke. Smoke in general contains carbon monoxide and will always be present in whatever it is you choose to smoke, therefore it is fairly unfair to act as if the carbon monoxide is any bigger a problem than it really is.

As for the chemicals from marijuana, none of them are harmful to your body except the actual smoke itself and any additives that may be in the marijuana. Again, this can be said for anything that is smoked.
jabello11
jabello11
721 posts
Nomad

So my teacher is wrong, she said that marijuana will kill you instently, i guess shes not the brightest bulb.

NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

So my teacher is wrong, she said that marijuana will kill you instently, i guess shes not the brightest bulb.

Instantly? There's no evidence of a single case where someone died from smoking marijuana alone. Teachers can be unfair when it comes to arguing facts, so if you bring it up at all in class, remember that you tread on thin ice.
MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

As for the chemicals from marijuana, none of them are harmful to your body except the actual smoke itself and any additives that may be in the marijuana. Again, this can be said for anything that is smoked.

That's basically the point I was making. Smoking marijuana is in no way 'healthy' or even 'healthier than cigarettes'. You are inhaling the burning of a plant that is full of chemicals, both naturally occurring and added by man(unless you grow your own, or get it from someone who does and does not add chemicals to speed the growth or increase toxicity)
AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,574 posts
Blacksmith

There is a device for shmoking called a vaporiser that heats the tweed up only just enuf to "vaporise" the THC (or something). I wonder if this device damages your lungs. I assume its just like inhaling hot water, so no damage. Just a thought. Also you can eat it.

Teachers can be unfair when it comes to arguing facts

They are also probably at risk. I mean, they cant really say... "you know what 14 year old student, smoking a fatty is actually a good way to relax". Im sure the parents would love that. "THE KIDS" I hear em cry "PROTECT OUR KIDS" hah! what a joke.
Showing 706-720 of 794